Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lincoln/Merc guys Parts question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jarzenhotrods, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Does anybody know if the 54 Merc door weatherstrip is the same length as the 54 Lincoln. ALso the back glass too..Is it the same as the Merc VS the Lincoln..The Lincoln weathersrtip is really expensive and it looks like Mark II Enterprises is the only one I can find that carrys the one specifc to the Lincoln but they want an arm and a leg for it. I want to know before I go and buy this stuff...

2. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

3. I personally do not know but I know a guy that does. Call Mercury and more at 360-687-3472 He uses an answering machine for a secetary but leave him your number and he'll call back.
    The Wizzard

4. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Thanks any other ideas guys? I have looked at a couple of different pics and they look the same just want to bw sure...

5. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

I belive they are,,and the glass as well..

6. 00 MACK

00 MACK

back glass different....doors are a go.......bet im right

7. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Well Im glad the doors are the same that save me 130 bucks I was hoping the back glass too as the Lincoln is about 275 bucks more....

8. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Look at some pics, tell me what ya think.

9. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

10. Slapnuts1975

Slapnuts1975
    from Tennessee

Isn't that the same as the ford? Go to Dennis Carpenter. Mines a 53, but I have a 54 merc rear glass in it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Wow....now Im confused...It will work for a ford too..I wonder if the glass is smaller on a Lincoln or maybe it is just angled forward more?

12. THe Ford sedan glass is different than the Hardtop Glass, I Believe, I did My 54 Merc Hardtop Glass and from the photos, it looks the same as Your Lincoln but I sold the Merc so I can't measure for Ya, sorry...

13. The Lincoln is a bigger car than the Ford or Mercury. Rear glass is for sure not the same and I would be very surprised if the lenght of the door weatherstrip is the same.
    So please: Can someone with a Merc (or Ford...) measure there parts and give him information the lenght of the weaterstrip?
    On photos the bodys looks very similar, but in reality there is difference in dimensions...

14. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

bump for the morning crew.....

15. low-lincoln

low-lincoln

Good luck with the weatherstriping, I know how you feel finding parts and trying to cross referance parts with Mercs. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and go with Mark II Enterprises, even though it hurts the wallet.

16. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Back in the 90's I had some rear window rubber gasket made by a rubber shop for my 54 Lincoln. Mine is a 4 dr Capri and the glass is obviously different than a 2 dr, but the gasket may work. Perhaps Monday I will call the shop and see if the die still exists. I paid $150 for the die and $150 for 40 ft of the gasket material. When they made the rubber they cut it into 10 ft sections, so I had to splice two sections together with some rubber cement. They did a good job on the rubber cross sectional shape. The molding fit great. I will let you know what I find out Monday.

17. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Thanks D2 WILLYS! Let me know. Does anybody have a Merc they can measure.

18. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Yeah.. now Im thinkin the Lincoln doors look longer but maybe not! LOL

19. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

You want the end to end length of the door ws on a 2 dr ht? Ill measuremine and get back to ya. Later Mike

20. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

yeah mike that would be great Thanks!!! I would say yes end to end and the back glass top to bottom and from side to side? Im guessing here......

21. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

I will be outside tomorrow working on my Olds, but will measure my Lincoln and my 53 Merc back windows. Let you know when I can.

22. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Any measurements or other guesses?

23. shoebox barnes

shoebox barnes
    from Minnesota

Go to macsautoparts.com or call them they should be able to help you.

24. Ford and Mercury are the same but Lincoln is all by itself according to my Hollander.....