Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Weesner Inspired Hot Rod (Hand Built) UPDATE

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 193257, Jul 11, 2009.

1. that truck is badass

2. You said it!

3. 193257

OK Here's the latest. Jimmy got home from the Nats and emailed me this letter. It's his own words I just copied and pasted it.

Hello to all on the HAMB. Been a little busy here. This is the first time I have had a chance to respond to this tread. First I would like to say a great big thank you to Rick for doing this thread. It was totally his idea. And boy has he done a great job or what.
    Also I would like to thank the Wes for the great picture he created. His art work is just killer stuff. I would have never built a truck like this had I not seen that print of Emerald Tide.

To some of the guys who said that must be Jimmy they were right. My name is Jimmy Hervatin. To all you guys and gals that left comments. I would like say thank you. I am as a amazed at the comments as you guys are at how I built the truck. Well I did make the NATS. The truck did run and I was able to drive it on and off the trailer. But that was it. The last two weeks thing didn't go quite like I had planned. Had hope to get the truck totally drivable but that didn't happen. So that's why I wasn't cruising. The next shows I am planning on going to, is the Frog Follies in Evansville and then Kansas City Goodguys. To the question am I going to paint the truck the answer is yes. I am planning on doing it over the winter and have the truck all done for spring. I will help to keep the pictures coming so you can see updates till its all done. Thanks again Jimmy the metalman

4. rodncustom

rodncustom

Fantastic! Jimmy should join the HAMB...but I see why he doesn't...he doesn't have time. :)

5. hotflint

hotflint

6. Seen this truck at the nats over the weekend and the only thing that came to my mind was...WOW!..Amazing craftmenship..cant wait to see more pics!

7. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I know what you mean , I just went out and beat the shit out of my Merc. , the ugly bitch !

8. Holy crap this truck was awesome!!Seen this truck at the NATS, I believe this truck will mark a moment in the hot rod history books!!

9. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

Any one else have new pictures?

10. 193257

I'll try and post some when i get home.

11. Randy Ferguson

Randy Ferguson

I had a chance to look Jimmy's truck over today during the Frog Follies. As a fellow sheet metal shaper, I can appreciate the time and effort he put forth in building this work of art. This is without doubt one of the highest quality scratch built vehicles I have seen.
    Very inspirational.

12. Torque-Tube

Torque-Tube

This build should have been VideoTaped for a cable TV series. I'll volunteer to Tape whatever he does next.

13. lorodz

lorodz

beautiful ....

14. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Here are the pics I took at the Nats of it. Totally awesome lil truck. It looks like he hit it on the nose while looking at Weez's art. I loved it.

Attached Files:

15. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

stick shift,

I like to say Thanks for the great pictures of that truck.
    I can't believe it.

16. ryno

ryno

amazing.
    awesome attention to detail.

17. got to see this truck at Nats and have to say it was amongst the best there. was there when it rolled in on trailer for registration and couldn't get away from walking around it over and over admiring the craftsmanship. pictures don't hardly do it justice.

18. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

19. oneshotkustoms

oneshotkustoms
    from joliet il

20. evilone0528

evilone0528

We need a thread showing off some of your stuff Randy!

21. I love this little truck. I stopped by Weesner's booth at the Primer Nats, lot's of creative fodder for some more art into metal transformations.

22. Randy Ferguson

Randy Ferguson

Why???

23. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Any updates? I'm in the shock and awe phase now... awwwwwwwww.....

24. 193257

ok Finally got some new pics. Since most everyone has seen the truck together I thought I would give you some pics of how he is making some of the final pieces. Enjoy

Here is a rough casting for his air cleaners. He made the mold and then had them cast.

[​IMG]

Here he is doing the lathe work on the Air cleaners

[​IMG]

Her he is doming the top for the Air Cleaner

[​IMG]

Finished product

[​IMG]

He is making the bed boards out of 16 ga steel and will paint them white

[​IMG]

Using stainless bed strips in between the metal boards

[​IMG]

Here he is welding the outside trim together for the grill. He formed them then welded them and then polished them and had it plated

[​IMG]

Here's the outside trim with the grill insert that he made on his lazer.

[​IMG]

Here's the finished product with the 410 polished stainless bullets that all point straight forward. Because the grille has a V shape he had to machine each little bullet so they would point straight forward. Very time consuming. Not to shabby either.

[​IMG]

Also just a little bit of info. He was picked at the KC goodguys show for one of the top 100 Street Rodder Turtle Wax online contest.

25. rodncustom

rodncustom

He is a magician!

26. Gerg

Gerg

i can't believe i missed this thread!

Amazing work talent and attention to detail truly a great builder and fabricator!

27. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Just TOOOOO Bitchinn.................

28. lorodz

lorodz

omg this guy is a tru craftman i wish i had a % of his talent..keep it up...art coming to life

29. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

wow I can't wait to see it painted.

30. Wow! This thread keeps getting better and better. Amazing work.