Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Long lost custom. or just another aborted project?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tinbender, Aug 17, 2009.

1. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

can't wait to see better pics, that looks neat!

2. Mr.Gasser

Mr.Gasser

That is a cool old kustom, I've knocked on that door, the answer is always "not for sale".

3. I'm waiting for a call from the owner. If I pass on it, I'll let you guys know any info I get. That is if no one buys it out from under me now that I've posted it:rolleyes:

4. Looks like it was a pretty clean build. Looks good.
    Hope it can be saved.

5. The Lone Wolf

The Lone Wolf
    from Malta

That's a real neat front end there.Really good lookin car.

Good luck savin it!

6. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Hey, whats going on with this thing?. We want a REPORT. Tomorrow morning I'm going to have coffee with a friend who was an member of the old Road Knights , I'll see what he remembers about this Olds.

7. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Forgot he had his 50th HS reunion this weekend. Guess I will have to wait for some info.

8. Or some splinter group. :rolleyes:

9. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

pretty cool looking old ride and it has some history to , and maybe some termites in the grill , hope someone gets to save it ,

10. Maybe if you don't have time for one more project, you could post some pics and contact info and any other details, perhaps some other HAMBer can come to the rescue, hopefully it can stay in the region where it's history is...

11. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Get that old land yacht! That front end treatment is very intresting and appealing

12. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

Cool Car! But thats a strange place to keep your firewood!

13. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

would love to here more about it

14. Cochino

Cochino

All it needs is a hair cut, and some crazy tail light treatment!!!!! Dam it I hope someone ends up with it! Or the owner finishes it deserves to be seen!

15. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

that thing is coooool!

16. I just got back from talking with the owner. He didn't have much new info on the car. It was pictured in a group shot in Hot Rod some time in 1961. Maybe someone can look it up. He said it was purple at some time but didn't remember if that was the color in 61. It had a black and white TV in the back. I couldn't get any better pictures because of how it was parked. The seat frames were in the back, but it was rough in and out. It has an Olds block, but no heads. The body work was about what you'd expect for the times. Not great, lots of lead. Looks like it was finished nice though. It has severe surface rust. Looks like it was parked in bare metal and lead. It's been sitting for 20 years without windshield, and whats left of the other glass.

It is for sale. Ten grand! That's about 9000 more than I would spend for it! But if anyone is interested I'll be happy to pass on the info. He also has several T's for sale and some bodys. I think they would be priced more reasonably.

17. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

That man has rusty gold. Fools gold if you ask me he can keep the pos for that. My 2 cents

18. a price like that makes me think it's still not for sale.. did you tell him that was lead work on there and not gold work :)

19. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

I doubt it! The guy has always been clueless Thats the way I figured this would turn out. He owns a pawnshop downtown, maybe that is where his thinking comes from. The car sat there for at least 20+ yrs that I know of and will probably set there another 20 at that price. Will still try and get some background on the Olds from my buddy and post it on this thread. I guess this explains why the original owner didn't get it back after locating it recently. Too bad for all.

20. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

21. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Hahahaha 10k for that! Unless he can prove its a long lost custom or if he can at least clean it up alot id tell him to fuck off! No offense!

22. madpole

madpole

this is an article from the january 1961 hot rod magazine. must be the one. too bad its just a picture of the back.
    sorry the scanner is not working so i could only take pics. madpole

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      517 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      539.4 KB
      Views:
  23. Cool that's the car. Well it does have some history. Not ten grand worth, but history none the less. Thanks for looking that up.

24. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

The Olds was definately owned by 1 of the Road Knights, When I bought the Paul Savelesky 55 chev there were hundreds of photos that came with it, this Olds must have been 1 of pauls friends cars here are 5 pics of it, you can see the 55 in the bacground of 1 of the pics in its first white version

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. GEORGIADAWG

GEORGIADAWG

It's really a shame that he is such a fool to ask such a rediculous price. Obvious he isn't a true car lover or else he would understand the need to hurry and get this thing patched up before it rots into the earth

26. junior51

junior51

tell me were it,s at i,ll buy it

27. junior51

junior51

not for 10 grand

28. madpole

madpole

i would like to see some old pictures of the front after the nose job. curious what the grille and lights looked like.

29. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

WOW... was a nice car..too bad it will never get saved

30. It will get saved someday. Not by me! Life's to short. I like the car, but not enough to restore it if it were 500.00.There's enough people around here that want it. He's no young guy.