Register now to get rid of these ads!

my project 54 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustomline54, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

Hey guys, new to the forum, just wanted to share my project with you guys. Its a 1954 ford customline that ive been working on for almost 2 years. Want to make a mild custom out of her. Its a long process getting there, but itll get there.

thanks in advance
    *Trailered her home from Az. Been sittting since mid 70's. Had some rust in the rockers that i patched up and some surface rust that was sanded off.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  2. Chevytruckin98

Chevytruckin98
    from Tx

Wow that is a solid looking car.

3. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

My Goal is to make it a mild custom out of her. 302 motor with t5. Shaved body trim, handles etc... I LOVE this body style.

*Sanding away
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    *Bare metal.
    [​IMG]

4. That will make a fine looking custom. Looks like you have a good start.
    And, I am glad you aren't taking the easy route and throwing in a SBC.

5. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

*Body holes welded up, and primed. Took the body off the frame to sandblast the underbody and frame.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*Frame Cleaned and being painted.
    [​IMG]

6. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

Underbody ready to be blasted and cleaned.
    [​IMG]

*Underbody cleaned, undercoated and painted!
    [​IMG]

This car was in such good shape for its age.:)

7. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

Oh no, no, no ,no lol.... Love chevys but im all about keeping a FORD in a FORD.
    Thanks for the compliment bro.

8. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

I want to get my front end to look like these 54's, but having trouble figuring out how to make the trim go all the way AROUND the floating grill since the stock grill width brakes up the trim. (green 54 was on Overhaulin' by Chip Foose, the other 54 was Garey Howards built.)

<<*****Any thoughts or advice on how to do this?? thanks guys*****>>

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  9. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

You are doing a great job! What type of paint did you use on the frame and underbody?

10. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

On the frame we just used a jet black automotive paint. I put a lot of coats on it, lol. Wanted to powdercoat it but $$ was a factor. The underbody got alot of undercoating to prevent rust and some noise, and just rattle canned it over the undercoating and it worked great from keeping dust off since undercoating has a way with grabbing dust. :cool:

11. Geophyguy

Geophyguy

Hey that car is looking great! You might want to check out the '52-'56 Ford Car Social Group here on the HAMB.

12. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

Hey thanks! Yeah i recently joined that group, its great. I just wanted to show and share with everyone here my project since everyone here (myself included) is a car-nut:cool:;):D and is cool to see other people project cars.

thanks

13. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

very nice .... going to be a sweet ride!:)

14. Stu_Norman

Stu_Norman
    from Wisconsin

Very solid looking car. You don't see near enough mid-50s Ford cars any more, which is a shame. They outsold the Chevys in that period, but were never as popular for some reason.

15. chaddilac

chaddilac

What were you using to strip the paint of the car? Nice lookin car... look up the Salina KKOA Show and see the peach colored ford like your... very cool!!

16. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Thaz a great lookin''54!

I've been sectioning one in my head about 4'' thru the center and 3'' off the top for about six months now. Bone white tuck and roll interior with chrome garnishes, candy root beer with a splash of Murano pearl.

Keep up the great work!

Swankey Devils C.C.
    "Spending A Nation Into Generational Debt Is Not An Act Of Compassion!"

17. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

Thats what makes me scratch my head... Everytime i go to a car show, be it BIG or SMALL I RARELY see any 52-54 fords. Thats also one of the reasons i went for this car. You stand out more.:cool: I also just love the style of it. You dont need to chop these cars to make'em look good.

18. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

Great choice, the lines of those model Fords are fantastic! Keep up posted, this looks to be a stylin' ride in the making! :)

19. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

Man your car looks great. :cool:
    Must be nice to have so little rust out there in the great Southwest. I think that's why there are so few of these cars at shows - They rusted so badly that few are left. Glad to see you are saving one. And thank you for not sectioning or chopping it. The factory body lines a so clean. Looking froward to updates on your build. :)

20. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

FONTUCKY!!!! Sorry, my wife was born there and went to college in Redlands. When we were dating, she used to holler that every time we drove thru....saw your location and had to say it. Sorry for the distraction ;)

Kustomline54 likes this.
  21. Screenz

Screenz
    from Texas city

I'm anxious to see how it turns out I'm kind of fond of 54 fords :D
    [​IMG]

22. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Kustomline 54 heres where you find the chrome that goes all around the grille:1955 Ford see pic:cool:

Attached Files:

23. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

Haha dont sweat it, thats what we say too;)

24. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

Hey thanks bro,i appreciate it! yeah as much as i love the art and style of chopping, i would never do one. I love cars the way they came from the factory. All you do is clean them up a bit. Too many people in my opinion ruin thers cars with a bad chop. And these cars are getting harder and harder to find for them to get ruined, especially down the line. Oh well i guess...

25. Keep the pics coming. Looks like you have a nice solid car and alot of progress.

26. desertdroog

desertdroog

Welcome to the 52-54 Ford club.

27. onedge

onedge

wonderful car & your plan is good one, stay on course!

28. worn shoes

worn shoes

DSC03412.jpg
    Love what's going on with your car. This is a pic of mine at a bbq.
    HAMBBBQ030.jpg

29. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

Hey "worn shoes"-
    Thats a NICE car. Clean and slick looking. I like your headlight treatment, im looking for 52-53 ford headlights myself.

30. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

Heres a pic of what im doing to the dash. I never did like the aluminum insert. So i took it out and decided to fill it in & smooth it out for a sleaker look. Hard part was going with the countour of the dash, but it came out NICE! Later ill put some stewart warner gauges in. Going to be gloss black when im done hammering, welding and grinding. Hopefully it'll look simple yet badass, lol.:D :cool:
    [​IMG]