Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 55 Chevy 4-dr gasser-anyone with pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by corndog, Jul 20, 2009.

1. chevrolet150

chevrolet150

Dude...You have to be the biggest Idiot I have run across. Jeezzz Ever heard of build it the way you want????? I build em both ways and are doing a 57 conversion now .....because I want to do it . Tim

2. You might want to talk to some of the guys who restore convertibles by cutting down a 2dr or even a 4dr and transfering all the convertible parts over, since no one repops floors and frames for stuff like 57-59 Mopars. Yet they still sell for the same money as original cars.

Now if you just weld up the back doors and bondo up the seams, that's another story, but hell, in '38 that's how Willys made their 2-door sedans - welded in the back doors and leaded the seams. Must have been a tight squeeze to get in and out of the back.

At the end of the day a car is your car, though, do what you want with it. Most of the guys who criticize it will either have a car in pieces that's been that way for years, or no car at all. A good percentage will be married to someone who carries their balls in her purse, too.

3. Friend of mine has this, was run at Epping around 1969 with a 427 big block Chevy. Glass nose, roll bar, Dana 60 rear, straight axle front...
    -Dean

Attached Files:

4. monsterflake

monsterflake

if you set the engine back far enough, you can drive from the back seat and get in and out the rear doors. do it!

5. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

An easier and cheaper approach, would be to build it ala Junior Stocker style, but with more CID's. Stall converter and low gears; there you go. Butch/56sedandelivery.

6. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

bingo!

7. Now that is a tits idea!-MIKE:eek::D

8. That is a badass idea monsterflake haha
    -Dean

9. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Love the Stampede car!!!