Register now to get rid of these ads!

Changes at R&C...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 1, 2009.

1. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Kevin will appreciate the kind words, but I quickly removed my post before I knew anyone replied to it because that wasn't the purpose of this post. Kevin will land somewhere because he's a solid guy. Thanks Jim

2. rodncustom

rodncustom

Good luck to both RF and Kevin Lee.

3. low64

low64
    from Canton, GA

Good luck to both of them. Congtrats Rob, i cant wait to see what you do with it.

4. 4tl8ford

4tl8ford
    from Erie, Pa

This should be interesting - RF's past directions always seemed to include a "My way or the Hiway" attitude.

5. ratster

ratster

good luck kevin and rob

6. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

Congrats to RF, he did several good articles when he was doing or writing articles for the one of the old/custom truck magazines.

-W

7. Rusty

Rusty

The only mag I subscribe too, It can only get better and better now

8. John Denich

John Denich

It will be great!!!

9. Good for you RF (my steering wheel "guy";)). Well deserved for sure!

10. I knew that hair would do him good.

11. Crease

Crease

Over the years, seems that Rob has been one of the few guys writing for the "mainstream" mags that really get it, rather than just emulating. Can't wait to see the direction he takes the mag.

Congrats Rob, very well deserved!!
    Always love your stuff also Kevin!!

12. Sean

Sean

Best of luck to Kevin, you really turned R&C around for me. I actually had a subscription to the mag. First time in years that I had done that with any type of magazine.

Congrats RF. You will do good!

13. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

Rob is a Good man for the job. I wish Him all the best
    Only Met Kevin Once, Good luck to him as well
    Fritz

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  14. btmatt

btmatt

Guess I will jump on the bandwagon too. I have really enjoyed RF's work in classic trucks, especially his new/old chevy build. I also followed Kevin from the early days at the same mag then to RC. Best of luck to both.

15. KIRK!

KIRK!

Yeah, Rob's OK I guess. Congrats buddy. I didn't know if I was supposed to spill the beans or not.

16. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Great news for one is bad news for another. I know Rob's work and it's good and edgy. But I know Kevin and he's a solid citizen with ton's of hot rod cred. But he'd be the last person to speak of his own acheivements. I just can't be so cheerie over a good guy get'in dumped.

17. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Always like what Rob did, looking forward to what he is going to bring to the mag..

18. Spike!

Spike!

Wow. That IS big news! Kevin was always cool to me. He gave me my first cover for R&C (along with Aaron Kahan's help I'm sure.) with the Atomic Punk. I wish him well in whatever he pursues. I just met Aaron last week at Englishtown and he never said anything about Kevin leaving. At any rate, I hope the magazine gets thicker and they use better stock paper..

Spike

19. chaddilac

chaddilac

Hey Ryan I was there at the High Octane Art show... any idea what month/year R&C covered it? I would like to find it!!

20. I like most of Rob's work, but gotta agree here. I don't get it, Kevin did such a good job in turning around R&C. Before Kevin, I could take or leave it. I've got a sub, so I'll continue with that but I'll be watching closely. Like I said, I do enjoy most of RF's work and thought he was mostly taking CT in the right direction (although I think the modern truck thing is a total bust). I know Rob gets all sensitive about people commenting on his work and doesn't like feedback much (unless it's positive), but that's the life of a media mogul:D

Mostly I feel for Kevin. I know he'll land on his feet, he has too much talent. Hey Jim, maybe you and Kevin should hook up and show them what the best of former RC'ers can do!:cool:

21. John Denich

John Denich

Ya that Junk is his:D:D:D

22. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

i miss custom rodder, that was a decent rag

23. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah I guess he had itfor sale a few months ago.. I saw it in paso, wow, that car is clean.. I remember it when it was yellow, now it flat out RULES..

24. thinkfink

thinkfink

thanks for the GREAT work and good luck kevin.

welcome and good luck rob

25. Congrats RF!
    Its been a while since we have seen each other but you have the PROPER outlook in the rod & custom world

26. kustomkat

kustomkat

Congrats Rob.. Looking forward to reading your words of wisdom....

27. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

Seems like change is the only constant anymore. I liked what Kevin has done with R&C, so much so that I subscribed a couple years ago after a long lay off. My sub is coming due soon I think I will let go and see what changes are made. Big Dad set the bar pretty high for me, God I miss that guy.

28. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I like Rod and Custom......would be cool to bring back the littles with just traditional style cars and maybe see editorials in there by Ryan and Rikster. Congradulations and good luck.

29. I was talking (email) with Kevin on Thursday about the 2010 GNRS and the display that there is going to be on R&C and Street Rodder former cover cars. I was helping with two of the more famous ones and he seemed excited about the project and had no hint of what was about to come.
    Friday afternoon, I get told by someone else involved with that project that he was gone. Tells me he was unceremoniously fired, no real explanation.
    Whether you like his stuff or for that matter him, I think most will agree he had done good things for that magazine and deserved better treatment than that.

I'm sure Rob will do a great job, but it seems kind of bitter sweet doesn't it.

30. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Couldn't have said it better, myself.
    Good luck to both guys!

Malcolm