Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest What's up with Denise and the Big Olds?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950jax, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Wow.. What a cool thread.. and deserving as well.

2. skidsteer

skidsteer

...... and she's not even Swedish!

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

hey there kiddo...:)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. RPU Rick

RPU Rick

I met her at Bowling Green this year...she knows more about cars then most guys that know a lot about cars....Rick.

P.S. Hugs and Cookies too!

5. :DDenise is one Kool chick....:cool:If you ever get to meet her, the first thing you notice is her smile that makes you feel like you have known each other forever;) Denise can tell a story like no other..:)..When is that book of yours comin out Denise :confused:
    I think you should plan on making a special effort to meet Denise in person to know what everyone here on the HAMB is telling you about her and all her good works, and adverntures:cool:

6. I finally got to meet Denise face to face in Knoxville,Tenn. a couple of years ago,even my wife commented what a sweet person she is.

Denise took the time via PM's to teach a ol' greybeard how to post photos on the old star blvd site that hosted pictures,,,great teacher,,not so great student,but she keep encouraging me until I could post with the best of them.

She was also the first person to welcome me to the Hamb,,back went a intro was expected and demanded.

She is a real hot rodder and I have never had her cookies!:D HRP

7. I second the motion!!!! Where do I vote??!!

8. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I've heard that she laces her cookies with LSD, she's trying to start a cult I think...

...but don't quote me on that.

9. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

She is one of the sweetest , nicest , kindest person you could ever meet ! Always has a smile and great cookies !
    She will drive anywhere to a car show as long as BIG OLDS will get her there ! BIG OLDS is her baby !!!!!

Now do you need anymore explanations ?

10. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Had the opportunity to meet her and Big Olds at the Cinematic last year. She is a wonderfully kind person and she is soooo easy to talk to. I am not a people person at all but she made it very easy.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

11. seriouslybaby

seriouslybaby
    from small town

... she has a funny accent... :p
    oh.. & she's a bad ass!!

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Not a fetish, true story, the exploding fire extinguisher part was left out.

13. Chance it

Chance it

Early on when I was "Guesting" on the HAMB I discovered one of her road trips. Then her pics of the different car shows she went to. I began to see a pattern here. People genuinely enjoyed seeing her & LOVED her cookies.
    I mean, check out the reponse. She seemed to go everywhere and always drove Bigolds!! Somebody another female can really be inspired by. I look forward to meeting her someday. I can get really shy sometimes but I don't think I'd have a problem talking to her. Almost feels like I know her already. Thanks for all the posts Denise, you're a lot of fun. Wendy

14. jangleguy

jangleguy

Denise gets it.

15. monsterflake

monsterflake

1. she has magic powers
    2. she once did a tandem skydive with big olds
    3. she can drive to england
    4. she punched an H1 hummer that parked too close to big olds, knocking it over
    5. she invented cookies
    6. rain does not fall on denise, it waits until she passes
    7. she built the flux capacitor that powers big olds
    8. her blood type is 10w30
    9. she doesn't sleep
    10. she changed michigan's borders to more closely resemble an oven mitt.

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

You had me until 6, I've seen way to much documentation of her top down in the rain....

17. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I LOVE #10, that has to be one of my favorite Denise moves...

Left hand in the air, right hand pointing to lower left thumb, "Michigan is shaped like my hand. This is where Detroit is and I live right here next to Detroit in Livonia." It gets even better when people ask where something else in Michigan is!

Love ya Denise! :p:D

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  18. monsterflake

monsterflake

but, if you look closely, she's completely dry. very weird...

19. Really???????????:rolleyes:

20. 18n57

18n57

Ok, I'm coming in here a little late, but so far I've gathered that's she's sweet, has a great smile, makes terrific cookies and drives a LOT with her top down? Holy shit....what's not to like!!!:D

21. Really? Can I? Please. Please ;)

22. Take all the nice things said here about Denise and multiply by 10..this is DENISE !!!!!!!

23. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

that might be the funniest thing I've read on here in a lonnnnng time! :D

24. She keeps Converse in buisness........... I have yet to meet Denise or Megan but have crossed paths close on their trips west. My loss.

25. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just don't drink the cool aid!

Is this guy serious? Been here since 2005 and doesn't know who the greatest Hot Rodding ambassador there is, is?
    I call BS, even camel jockeys in the south of Afghanistan know who Denise is and they don't even know what a computer or a car is!

Doc.

26. Denise is a constant reminder that it's not always about the cars, it's really about the people.

27. phukinartie

phukinartie

Chuck Norris bows to Denise!

28. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

Now that's funny..lol:D

29. If you stalk her, eventually she'll give you a cookie. It's a great deal! :D

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009