Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest What's up with Denise and the Big Olds?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950jax, Jul 23, 2009.

1. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Everything said here is so true, but don't forget that: SHE GIVE'S GREAT HUGS !
    60'

2. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

I have yet to meet her, but I love her posts and pics!! Hopefully she will be at the Pileup this year!!

3. I had the good fortune to meet her when the HAMB was just a twinkle in Ryan's eye. It was July 02 and I remember it well cause I was on my way to buy my 59 Fury and had stopped for a gas about a mile from home. There was Big Olds sitting at the gas pumps with a t-bucket. Olds in primer, no top, sparse interior. Out of the store walks Denise with another woman. They were going from Syracuse to Louisville ( I think) via the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. We chatted for a minute and I advised them if it was storming they should wait it out rather than cross it "topless" because there's not many places to pull over. Needless to say I was impressed by these "Hot Rod Girls" on the Lipstick Tour. They had a web site where they posted their adventures back then. So I guess for Denise it's 'traditional" to do what she does. I want to be like her when I grow up. Thanks for the reports, Sweetie.

4. Django

Django
    from Chicago

5. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

She likes outlaws! :D

6. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I hope to meet her and Big Olds one day as well. Very inspiring, she is.

7. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Denise uses special ingredients that she collects all over the country in those cookies! "Salt Flats salt" for example. She has more energy than any 10 of us and is always the first to step up and get people involved when needed. She brings "Been there, done that! Let's make it bigger and better next time! " to a whole new level. You can say the same for her trusty steed "Big Olds". I'd rather see Big Olds all dusty stopping for gas at a Utah or Kansas quick stop on the way across country than see whatever the newest AMBER winner is at a show any day. Denise IS the HAMB. Heart and soul...

8. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

9. ....hey...HEY...I resemble that remark! :p

The "I love Denise/hotrodladycrusr" train just pulled in, so I'm jumpin' aboard :cool:
    Just like what everybody's said already, she's a peach. A real asset to our hobby. She gambled on me, an unknown, to make her car shine....just cause she's a trusting person--knows no strangers, and believes in people unless they prove otherwise. She's introduced me to lots of folks I wouldn't have introduced myself to(I'm quiet), and I have lots of new friends because of her.
    All that, and she makes good cookies :D

10. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

She's good at towing broken down doofuses on shovelheads on the hard shoulder of I-4 in a rental car with a luggage strap.

11. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

She's the Thelma to this Louise! :D

She's the bestest hot rod friend a hot rod girl could eva ask for!

[​IMG]

12. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

Great gal, had a blast the few times I've gotten to hang around her. Just watch out if you're a squirrel. Oh, and careful of that tiki nutcracker she has. Got a real evil look in her eyes when Tom gave that to her last speedweek...

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A true Ambassador for the H.AM.B. and rodding in general.

Plus she takes some great photos and adds interesting writing to it so that those of us who are limited on the events we can attend and the miles we can make on road trips can live the trips through her words and photos.

I among a lot of others check the board quite often to see if she had posted another road trip story for the rest of us to enjoy.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

14. kisam

kisam

She's the "Best HAMB PR Person" we have. And if she is your friend, you had better like BBQ;)

15. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

I saw her all WET one time!!!!!.................She pulled up in front of the hotel......and had her top down.........on the car, ya' preverts!!!, She was driving in tha' rain, ya' know!!!!!!!!!

16. I met Denise at Paso Robles the last year the West coast customs show was there waiting in line for T shirts. Super nice lady! I have yet to have any of her famous cookies but maybe oneday. One can always dream!

17. Plus she's hot:)

Steve

18. Denise is the goods........enough said.

Johnnie.

19. You sir, have some of the strangest fetishes.

20. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

Ok, you gals stay on the roads,and away from the desert,...and for gods sakes I don't want to see either of you picking up a T bird convert:eek:

21. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

5 pages of nothing but praise in 5 hours.... nuff said!

22. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

all you need to know is she loves a good road trip and makes awesome cookies.. her photo stories aren't bad either

23. derelict

derelict

Not to mention ubiquitous...

24. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

She's the BOMB.

Doc.

25. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

She provides us with massive coverage of events far, far away and takes pictures of the right things that we want to see.

Plus, she has a cool ride... and she keeps working on it one piece at a time like the rest of us.

-W

26. Deu55

Deu55

Hey Denise can ya post some of ya cookies....

27. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I had pic of her and I as my official Myspace pic and one night my girlfriend started sceamin,"Why dony ya move to fuckin Livonia" LOL Two days later she told me what the hell she was referring to.

28. wayfarer

wayfarer

I've followed her travels for the 6 years I've been on the HAMB. She's finally making the trek to Spokane and I look forward to meeting her.

29. duste01

duste01

I think I saw somewhere that she likes to run around topless with her cookies. I think the sweetness meter leans real hard away from the cookies and towards the cook.

30. chopo

chopo

:eek: she's in alot of my dreams.... :)