Register now to get rid of these ads!

will my car qualify for hunnert

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chumscustoms, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

I am trying to get my car ready for hunnert but i had a friend tell me it may be too stock appearing
    it is a 63 chevy II 4 dr, lowered 4 inch's with painted steel wheels and chrome centercaps,
    the body is factory paint that has faded and rusted off which i will leave like that
    the interior is a white with aqua insets, that i had done up
    I am at a point that me getting in there this year may alter the way i go about getting my car done
    please help
    thanks ben

2. johnboy13

johnboy13

It's just a car show man, do it the way you want it done.

3. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

that is how i will do it, but the order i am doing things will change if my car will not qualify to get in and i have to drive 5 hours to get there
    I will go about my process differently if i know i wont get in this year

thanks for the input, and i think more people should do as you said,
    do it how you want it and screw the rest of them

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd be finding out who was in charge and I think a couple of them are on here and send a couple of photos for a definite yes/no answer if you are worried about it. It would be the pits to drive 5 hrs and not be able to enter because the car didn't qualify.

One of my local parts houses has a set of Baby moons still in the original box for that car sitting on the shelf from way back when.

Back in my high school and slightly beyond days when those cars were new and the guys who bought them usually just ran a set of Baby moons, black wheels and narrow white walls. Usually they were "mom's" car that the guy got to drive on occasion and maybe did some sly mods that would get past the folks inspection such as the moons or just popping the caps and painting the wheels black. Always with the narrow whitewalls though.

5. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

all car qualify for the HCPU. Ill sneak you in if I have too.

6. Come to the show and have a good time for what it is.

There are some very nice cars in the spectator parking lot that don't make it in.

Build your car the way you want it. Not to just fit one car events' qualifcations to enter.

The drive there and back is 95% of the fun. Where you have to park your car is inmaterial for an event that lasts 6 hours.

7. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

thanks for the input,
    and like i said, i am not building the car just to fit into the hunnert car pile up
    but i am going to paint it this winter and i would like to take it to some fall shows like hunnert,
    if i cant make it into hunnert than i will have my glass all yanked out and start the body work before then it is just something i would like to do ,
    i am not building my car around the criteria of hunnert show,
    it is just a time dilema for me
    and trying to get it 100% painted for next years power tour
    and good guys show hear in iowa
    thanks for hte input

8. magnet

magnet

That sums up the spirit of what the pileup is all about.. thanks mercdeuceman!

Its your car.. build it how you want.. drive the hell out if it.. and have a good time. That.. is the important part.

9. Hellfish

Hellfish

no they don't, and no you won't.

Chum, since no one is actually answering your question, I will! :D

Honestly, it's hard to say without a picture... and more importantly, a picture of what the car will look like in October. If you can't post a pic, I'll give you a guess... if the car is lowered 4", that's significantly, and visibly lower than stock, and may be sufficient. Coupled with a custom interior, then probably yes. That is assuming you don't have digital gauges, billet doo-dads, etc.

Everyone is right above, too. Drive it, enjoy the ride, and if you can't get in, you'll save $20 that you can spend on food and beer. :D

10. chopz56

chopz56

Simply read the rules and if you think that your car won't qualify,drive it there anyway make a good time of it and come drink some beers with us(or pop)laugh,talk shop and have a great time,lot's to look at!!!!!!!!!!!:D

11. chopz56

chopz56

Read the rules and if you don't think your car will qualify,put some miles on your car anyway,come out have fun,talk shop,lots' of things going on it's a great time!!!!!:)

12. Helly, can a '51 merc get in with new paint, and no interior?

13. monsterflake

monsterflake

as long as it doesn't have 18s and 20s...

14. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

Lets see some pics of this Chevy II please!

15. johnboy13

johnboy13

Hey CreepyJackalope, is your user name a reference to Steve Earl and the Super Suckers' "Creepy Jackalope Eye"?

16. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

thanks for all the replies
    so far i believe i will be going with what has been said
    so i hope to see some of ya, and i will be posting some pics of the car in its process that it is in now
    it looks rough but we have all been there
    thanks for the replies
    ben

17. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I'll throw in my two cents along with the others. This is a short show. You will want to spend your time checking out the bands, the vendor stuff and the cool cars and people. You probably won't spend that much time sitting next to your car in a lawn chair (at least I wouldn't...)

Being part of the action is great, but I am personally very satisfied driving several hours to the show to stand in line in the parking lot waiting for the gates to throw open.

My recommendation is to then jump inside, turn around with your camera and dig on the cool rides piling into the pileup. Between the cool weather, the noise and the smell of corn dogs... you can't beat it.

You can hang with other cars at the hotels, or with the many cool cars in the parking lot or anywhere that stuff is happening in the evenings, but you will not be disappointed just making the drive and enjoying the show with or without your ride.

PS: This show is EXTREMELY well run and is one of my favorite days of the year. Just do it.

18. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

the main reason i am trying to ghet ready for hunnert is so that it gives me a deadline to get it done, it is a mental problem i hav with haveing so many projects i seem to never get something done before i move onto the next.
    SO hunnert is a reasonable time for me to get my car ready
    all i got to do is
    put a front stub in with rebuilt suspension, new floor pans install the interior and paint the engine bay and interior and paint the motor and then get the wheel and tire combo how i want it
    so it shouldnt be to bad if i can find the time between side jobs
    I still have to work so i can pay for others peoples bad habits ya know

19. carmak

carmak

Hey Ben,
    I know someone in Riverside with a cheap 2drHT if you're interested. I think it's a 64 or a 65.

Carmak
    Riverside, IA
    57 Coupe Deville
    65 Star Chief

20. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

i assuem you are refering to tims straight axle car
    if not let me know
    but thanks for the input i have talked with him about it
    thanks ben

21. Hellfish

Hellfish

how are you going to drive with no interior? :D
    I assume you're not painting it with "heartbeat" graphics, but I'd have to see a pic of the car to make that determination. Isn't your car chopped?

22. carmak

carmak

It's Tim's car. I talked to him after I posted and he said he knew you but could not remember if had talked about the Nova. Have you seen it or just herd about it rom Tim?

Carmak

23. monsterflake

monsterflake

are you fucking kidding? i don't usually bust balls, but this sounds like a HUGE waste of time and effort. you wanna drive a nova 4 door, that's your business, but if it's not a clean near-original with nice paint and interior and HOPEFULLY a 283, you're wasting your money...

(go for the 2 door straight axle)

24. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

and that reply is exactly why i am doing this, how many 4 door chevy II's have ya seen, if you dont like that is perfect then i wont have to worry about talking to you about it someday.

I have had the car for a long time and it is a solid body with two bad floor pans and i had a interior done by a friend and like the others have posted
    I could give a shit less what you think about it

So i hope to see you hunnert and we can compare my worthless car to your gem
    thanks ben

25. monsterflake

monsterflake

how many 4 door chevy IIs have i seen? too fuckin' many! they weren't 'hip' new and they certainly aren't now! cuff up your jeans and grease up your pomp, it's all cool! just like the 50's, bro! see you then!

26. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Grab yourself a bunch of Popular Cutoms magazines from the early to mid 60s and youll get a boat load of ideas on what you can do to this car. Then ask yourself..Would I be better off with what I already have?

27. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

either you are just good at talkin shit , or you are just havin fun with this, but when your good freind dies and you get his car sometimes you just want to keep it going,
    and i didnt say i was putting a twin turbo ls1 with a mustang II front clip and 20's all around and a 10k paint job did I,
    I just want a decent cruiser so when i go on the power tour i have room for a cooler, my luggage and other crap,
    Hot Rodding is what you make it whether it is what you like or what someone else like,
    Some people like to restore old slow porsche's its not for me but you know what, i hope they have a great time doing it,

plus i have plenty of other cars that i can get ready next year, this is one that my wife would like to see me get done, why I dont know but hey if shes happy so am I

see ya at hunnert

28. monsterflake

monsterflake

listen, don't get too riled up, it ain't that big of a deal. the question you asked was, 'will my car qualify for hunnert'. does it technically fall in the acceptable category for the pileup? sure, but is it the intent of the pileup to have a bunch of 4 door grandma cars filling up the grundy county fairgrounds? not really, and what's great about the show is that there are selective criteria to get in the gate.

if you wanna drive your car to the show, that's cool, but you don't have to be in the show to enjoy it. there's limited space inside and while everybody wants to be 'in', not everybody needs to be in...

29. Well said Monsterflake.

30. again lets see some pics. i cant speak for the other guys at the gate or the czarz but it doesnt sound like a hot rod or a custom to me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.