Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flynstone

flynstone

ill be there on the 8th 1964 blue gto...............

2. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

My bad for saying anything. My comments seem to have stirred some people up. I'm sorry for saying anything. I was just passing along credible information. Forget I said anything.
    Just have fun and whatever happens, happens.

3. michael_cini

michael_cini

it time to stop yakkin' and get cruisin! see you all tomorrow night at rydell. bottom line: don't be a dick and we will all have fun!
    michael

4. time to stop yankin' ?

5. cafekid

cafekid

yeah that too......... :D:D:D

6. But it feels good, I don't care if I go blind ha ha.......

7. 64sled

64sled

8. CanyonCarver

CanyonCarver
    from So-Cal

Between taking pictures for the mag I will be cruisin in my white ’67 Fastback. See you all there.

9. DanCollins

DanCollins

I am gonna try to make this tomorrow, either be in my green truck or on my bike. Havent cruised Van Nuys since before I was born.....

10. Shedrat29

Shedrat29

Hope all you guys have a great evening cruising Van Nuys.
    Back in the 70's it was well known world wide.
    Annie my wife and I arrived in LA on July 4 1979 at 10 am, first thing we do is rent a car , get a hotel room, hung out during the day then headed to Van Nuys for the Wed nite cruise we'd read so much about in New Zealand.
    A couple of greenhorn Kiwi kids completely blown away by the scene.
    Remember parking up in an alley to watch when these guys arrived and proceeded to give us sh*t about being on their spot.
    After a bit of explaining by us they broke out the beers and we all had a awesome night.
    Spent a total of seven years all up in the land of horsepower heaven. I can still remember looking to buy our first car, all the early Firebirds, GTOs, Camaros, Chevelles you wanted for under a grand.
    Have a good one and drive safe guys, we'll be thinking of ya.

11. hey im driving my ratty ass primered car this wednesday.:mad:

^^^ x2

12. BajaCharlie

BajaCharlie

first let me answer the guy who asked about the Econolines(dont forget the Dodges & the Chevy)most of the vans out there were from WHEELS of CONFUSION van club hit me up for info.I would like to add that I'm on here now cause of the cruise event so chalk up another one.I will be bringing 2 WHEELS vans out tonight and a couple of VW guys as well,and will be tryn to get hold of of the other van guys during the day.I cruised Hollywood Blvd. and the Balboa Fun Zone when I was a kid and was one of the guys who couldn't sleep when I got home after junes event it effin rocked.

13. tonys18t

tonys18t

See everyone down there:), i'll be there hanging out of the Boattail taking pics for the mag.

14. rev106

rev106

+1 for the econoline, I'll be in my green 63 five window truck...

15. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Keep both hands on the wheel!

16. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

better start washin the bird crap off my ride and put the cold 1s on ice..

17. iroc

iroc

does anyone know if the T shirts are printed and will be there tonight ???? If so need to bring some extra $$$

18. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

I believe so - you might want to PM VNcruiser to confirm.

19. iroc

iroc

Hey Graig thanks for the reply but did you notice I am a FNG perhaps he could post it on this forum so all will know and he can sell more that way. I for one will be looking for them but many may not know where or who to look for since many are like me FNG's (one day I will grow out of it I think)

20. Only Grouch replied to the note above... I do have a few gonna meet at my place, but think now we will just go from here in Burbank at about 6:30... beat the crowds!!!!

If I missed some one that was gonna caravan over, just post here and I will check again later or PM me. I check about 4PM then no more

21. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

Yes we have FINALLY have some tee shirts. Mrs VNCruiser will have a table in the Rydell lot. Shirts are $20 and will help support future cruises. We have some help
    with traffic control, so please don't diss the boys in black. Rydell is offering the Tommy's truck, but please remember to also use the other food business on Van Nuys
    besides for their bathrooms. Thanks Mrs VNCruiser

22. can you post a pic or link to the T shirts I live in upstate NY and would love to cruise Van Nuys, but it will probably never happen so a T shirt maybe the closest I ever get !!

23. alanrw

alanrw
    from SoCal

What's that line? Oh yeah, "I am the captain of my ship and of course, you know my wife, the Admiral?"

:)

alan

24. iroc

iroc

GREAT and a big thank you to Mrs CRUISER. I for one will not only get a few to wear but will frame one this is history in the making people. I was there last month and as long as I can get out of bed and am breathing will be there for the rest I may get to old to drive but hell I'll be in that wheel chair as a looky loo when the time comes

25. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

Save me a medium tee, vncruiser. Thanks

26. Very generous of them for the Tommy's truck. But, I still think it's a BAD idea. People need to cruise for food. Do NOT make it convenient for the armchair hot rodder

27. febail

febail
    from Van Nuys

Tommy's? What about the Bob's Big Boy truck? Oh well, see you all out there tonight I'll be on the Ural w/sidecar.

28. DJR13

DJR13
    from Venice, Ca

I was planning on cruising up from Venice. Now there's a fire in Sepulveda Pass! Traffic is not looking too good.... :(

29. sonny3

sonny3
    from so cal

Hay boys and girl, just a heads up, the fire in the Sep, pass is blowing lots of smoke and ash thu-out the valley......so you guys with your trailer queens bring lots of WAX....................See Ya you all

30. sonny3

sonny3
    from so cal

The traffic in the sep pass is moving normal for this time of day. I looks like they are getting a handle on it now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.