Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question about removing body from chassis

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jersey Joe 67, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

Getting ready to remove the body from the chassis of my 31 Tudor. All glass is installed in car. I will be using an electronic hoist i just purchased and a strap.
    My question is, should i brace the body from the inside to keep it from flexing and possibly cracking the glass?
    If so how would you recommend doing so?

I am going to transfer the body to a dolly i made and look into having her soda blasted.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Remove the glass PRIOR to unbolting the body-no risk of broken glass from movement-, since your goal is to have the body blasted. Depending on how serious the rust is, I'd remove any interior that's left, and cross brace the B posts atleast. If you're replacing rockers or floors, I'd brace the A to B posts as well!
    hope that helps!

Swankey Devils C.C.
    "Spending A Nation Into Generational Debt Is Not An Act Of Compassion!"

3. hvychvy

hvychvy

I agree with pimpin paint,for shure do some bracing,you don't want to tweak your body.Especially if your doors etc. already line up good.