Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof Florida DRAG RACES !!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Jun 12, 2009.

1. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

now that sounds good...then you hang around for the nats the next week....:D

2. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

That sounds like a good plan. I'm good with that. This oughta' be great...

3. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Hell ya!! Bithlo?

4. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

It does not matter which track. There are several good ones to pick from.

DeSoto, which is a 1/4 track.
    Sunshine which is 1/8 mile.
    Lakeland which is 1/8 mile.
    Orlando which is 1/4 mile.
    My guess would be Lakeland as it is an outlaw track and does not run under any sanction. It does have a short shut down area, but unless you are really running hard, there is no problem in stopping.
    As long as we are getting a drag race down here, who cares???
    Looking forward to it where ever it is, Robert.

5. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

*Orlando speed world,is a nice 1/4Miler and Micky Mouse is close by for those that need extra why to show up,
    *Miami County Line drags,is 1/8miler and close to both Miami and Ft Lauderdale.
    All the tracks I raced at in the early 60's are gone now,but I'd like to be there,were ever.:D

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

"Car shows" in other states I would have to agree with you BUT the two I mentioned are actually full on drag races with cars showing up from all over to attend. I would hate for BilletProof Florida Drag Racing to have to go up against the GG Bowling Green event at Beech Bend in which the highlight is 3 days of tradtional drag racing at the coolest venue on the planet.

7. dv8

dv8

I hear ya....but I used "Quick Reply", and didn't want to have to click out of it to go back to page one, and see what exact shows you were talking about. It's called lazyness!

What I was saying is...another Central Florida event that draws 1,600+ cars for the whole weekend, would be more of a conflict than out of state events.

8. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Alan, how about mini bike drags, say about 150-200'??:D:D

9. Choptop

Choptop

That RULES !!!!

Mini-bike drags are ON!!

10. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

When and where? I'm dying to know so I can take the day off if need be and start building a mini bike or something. How about some bicycle drag racing - I thought I read somewhere they did that at another event.

11. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

now i have to build a mini bike too''''''cool !!!

12. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Rooster, get to building that thing. I'm trying to get the "Degenerators" to get at least one built.
    I've got two that I can bring.
    Robert

13. Please don't overlook the Silver Dollar Dragway in Reynolds, GA. There has been a similar but very small event occuring there for the last few years called Run What You Brung and it's a blast. It is local to Fla and Ga and a great old school track that isn't crowded. It would be a great venue.

14. Henry Floored

Henry Floored

I'll be there. I'll run my old heap too. The when sounds good to me, just tell me where. What can I do to help?

15. chevy210

chevy210

When and where? Bradenton has the Southern Nostalgia and Musclecar shootout on Nov. 7-8, but it would be great to have another event to check out.

16. Mini-bike drags?!?!? Green Stink II has to be up and running sooner than expected... Anybody know where I can get a 12" x 3" drag slick?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  17. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

chevy210, I will guarantee you that this event will be better than the "Newstalgia" drags at Bradenton.
    I quit going down there when they lost sight of what a nostalgia race was. They are now interested in how many cars they can get in, regardless of year or whether they are nostalgia or not. It is all about the money.
    Mike, what the hell do you need a slick for? We are talking mini bike drags, hope you are not building a nitro burner here, or we will all be outclassed!!
    Maybe I need to see if I can burn a "little" nitro in mine:D
    Robert

18. Choptop

Choptop

So it sounds like Oct 4th is cool? If so, I'll book it.

I just talked to Big Daddy, unfortunately he will be in Cali that weekend, otherwise he said he would like to come to the races.

Billetproof cars on the strip
    Mini-Bike Drags
    Surf Band in the pits

sounds like a good time! :D

19. 33 5 window coupe

33 5 window coupe

sounds good to me,i'll be there

20. mtpockits

mtpockits

21. looking forward to this, had to miss Billetproof, maybe I'll have better luck with this event...

22. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

so i drug out some parts today and dusted them off...looking forward to going and having fun......rooster

23. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Hey, would a motorized Schwinn (think Whizzer meets drag bike) qualify to run? Not necessarly to race anyone, just to run it down the track and reaffirm to my friends and family that I'm not quite normal. :D

24. dv8

dv8

Robert....I'll try to get my Baja back on the road....It's big and heavy, and only gets up to about 25mph, but I'll run it anyway.

I'll take my flathead powered truck as well.....Anyone know where I can get a cheap posi center section for a Ford 8-inch? :)

This is gonna be fun...probably hot as balls....but fun!

25. Choptop

Choptop

hot...hmmm... nothing saying it cant go later in Oct. say... 25th?

26. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

the 4th is good and so is the 25th.....just as long its not on the weekend of the NSRA weekend.....this is gonna be a fun month...

27. dv8

dv8

It was pretty hot at last years NSRA....and that was the second weekend of Oct. Maybe something to think about, if the date is flexible. It was kinda tolerable the weekend before the NSRA last year....but it's still pretty hot here until the end of Oct.

I'll go either way....but cooler weather would be nice!

28. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

cooler is better, and the cars run much better too

29. Choptop

Choptop

Perhaps the end of Oct. then. That is actually better for me, the 4th is just two weekends after Billetproof CA, not a ton of turn around time. Plus the first weekend in Oct. is the opening of deer season. I like to go out and sit in my tree stand in the woods and watch the deer stay just out of range :D.

Will confirm the Oct. 25th date with the track (I'm pretty sure it will be ok), and do a quick scan to see if it conflicts with any other shows and then report back. Actually having the race after the NSRA show is kinda cool, plenty of advertising opportunities. :D

30. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

show shine and drag in Henderson, NC - October 16th - 18th

Daytona Beach Dream Cruise - October 23 - 25th