Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Production Company Searching for Local Vehicles for a Movie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Jun 8, 2009.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yesterday while at the Orphan Car show in Ypsi Megan and I met a really cool women who is working on finding vehicles for a Warner Bros. film titled FLIPPED directed by Rob Reiner.

The film is being shot entirely in the Ann Arbor so they are trying to keep the vehicles close to /in MI if possible but for the right vehicle they will travel to view it and go from there. She mentioned filming would start right after the 4th of July weekend.

She is searching for:
    1950'-63' school buses
    56'-57' station wagon
    all other vehicles are to be 1950's-1963 (cars, trucks (big and Pick up), milk delivery, tow, panel, etc.

They have to be stock with stock wheels and paint color. Nothing fancy, not too shiney, as a matter of fact worn is good!

If you have something you think Sherry might be able to use please feel free to call her or email her. I mentioned the HAMB to her and she was fine with me posting her contact info. She's can be reached at 734-994-1194 (8am-7pm) office, 734-377-4501 (cell) or [email protected] to answer any questions you may have.

Will be a great opportunity for someone if you have the right car.

2. I think that title, Flipped, may have scared people away, Denise, but I'm bumpin' it back up for the afternoon folks......Don.

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:D Flipped has nothing to do with rolling the cars.
    It's a coming of age/love story set over a couple of different time frames.

4. retro54

retro54
    from PA

Shame Ann Arbor isn't closer to Harrisburg, PA... my little '54 is a perfect cadidate for a movie such as this.... just the right amount of original wear to make the scene...

bump<<>> for the afternoon crowd...

5. modelamac

modelamac

no kidding... I wish I was closer... my wife's 62 corvair wagon would be great!
    even my 63 Stude Avanti... Oh Well!

Attached Files:

6. butch27

butch27

It's a chick flick!

7. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I can't believe we can't think of someone with a stock 56-57 wagon, one of us HAS to have one in the Detroit/Ann Arbor area!

How about a vintage 50s/60s school bus? Anyone out there got any leads on that?

8. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

Just needs a wheel change... :) belongs to John Vermeersch / Mt. Clemens

CC

Attached Files:

9. Needs another bump up.........I'm sure there are some out there to be had!

10. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

As long as he's got the wheels to change and doesn't mind doing it they would probably work with him. I'm not sure what they are paying on this particular flick but I'm sure they'd make it worth his while. PLEASE pass the info along, thanks! :D

11. ratpak

ratpak
    from Onsted, Mi

has anyone received a yes, your vehicle is in??? Just wondering some details about it, my truck is pending....

12. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

If this is a love story it better have my favorite girls Denise and Megan in it dammit!