Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1932 Chevy 5 Window Coupe build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slickster51_50, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Well ladies and gents i figure since everyone else is showing off their pride and joys it my turn.This car is far from finished but i figure i can show everyone where we are at with this car.The front end is completed with a Super Bell dropped Tube axle with a spring behind setup a revese eye Posies spring and Pete and Jakes Parallel four bar out front in the rear we are getting the rear of the frame z'd to get her to set like she is in the picture yo see here but for now we are in mock up stage with the only thing complete being the frontend.But we are in the process of setting the engine and trans to set ride heighth in the front so we will know where we stand with the rear end as far as how much we will need to z the frame.This is a 30 - 31 model a frame that we have put under it and are in the process of finishing.Sorry i am in the process of adding the pics its taking a couple minutes. She will be named the Panty Dropper!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  2. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

And yes the goofy ass settin in the drivers seat is me!!!! I couldn't wait to set in it to see if i liked where the motor is setting or if it will have to be lowered any.I know it has a long way to go but its a work in progress.I would like to give a special thanks to Eryk for selling me an awesome set of Supremes for the rearend they fit perfect and look great with the hoosiers on them but will look even better with the 10x15 radir wide white wall cheaters on them.I painted the dash myself and took it to Hunnert Car pile-up and had VooDoo Larry stripe it for me in 2006. Then i met Jimmy Shine in January of 08 at the world of wheels in chicago and had him sign my dash.This year i met George Barris and had him sign it.Kinda a cool piece for me.

3. bigds54

bigds54
    from Sun Valley

looking great so far, man you gotta love those 32 chevy's, cant wait to get my own.

4. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

haha, I like the look on your face, it tells more than a million words:) I caught myself the one time or the other in just your situation , making engine noises and pretending shifting gears...Once I even slept in my new project car the first night, hahaha

nice Coupe , by the way
    CHris

5. Rare car that's for sure! Looking good! Enjoy!

6. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

It was pretty funny lastnight after we set the enging on the boards to figure out hwere the mounts are gonna go. It was just a short block and my buddy looked at me and said go ahead i know you wanna put it back together so we put the heads and intake and everything back on the engine. I stood back and couldn't believe how it looked my buddy then say well put your dash and seat in it and get a feel for it.See ho it fits you,so i sat down in it and he snapped the pics i was like a little kid on christmas morning i couldn't get over how cool it was even to just have the engine setting there and looking like it was in.It sets just about the right height with the body being channeled 5 inches.I'm excited its just one step closer than it was before and is really starting to how some progres for the fist time in about a year.

7. Looking good brother! channel no chop right? why don't ya have a pic of Jr. in the pass seat?

8. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Ya all channel no chop! It was 2:30 in the am this morning when i was takin these pics and we were still in the garage.Hell the wife and boy were in bed by 9:30 lastnight but there will be pics taken tonight i'm sure!

9. how's your dad doin?

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Very cool man!! That car is pretty clean and looks like you're well on your way. Love the wheel combo and the no Chop all channel idea.

Would leave the tunnel ram and scoop out unless late 60's early 70's vibe was intended. I would be saving my pennies and sell the tunnel ram for something more along the lines of Tudor's engine, but who am I to talk.

[​IMG]

Do what ever you like dude, it'll be bad ass!!!! Viva La Chevy!! I'm not sure if I told you but I am abandoning my '31 Chevy and building it for my Father In Law now. I picked up something else instead. But I think I have the look of the '31 Chevy nailed down for him though. I am going to base it heavily on the Dickie Flippen Coupe but the first version.

White
    Straight Six
    Channeled
    Chopped
    Wide Whites and Wheel Covers.

I needed to see your for motivation dude, good work!!!

11. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

I would really like to have GMC blower bolted to the top of that motor but i'm still unsure where i wanna go with it.I have thought about buying a set of hi perfomance domed 283 pistons from EGGE and with the 58cc chambered heads and a little port workit would bring my compression way up and run the tunnel ram with 4 dueces on top of it just to look crazy and be outside the box.

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yeah definitely, if your shooting for outside the box that will get some attention!!!

Remember that you car is going to get a great deal of attention as is with being a Chevy and with the Radirs so sometimes dialing don other things on you car keeps it timeless. I'm just offering suggestion since you are so early in the build. I know it'll be cool when you done.

I am sort of seeing a 348 (or 409) with 6 or 8 97's or 2 4bbls on it sat up real high in relation to the cowl. That would be ridiculous!!! I am trying to live vicariously through you man. I am stuck with this Buick 300 for right now!!!

[​IMG]

13. I really outta steal that 6-71 from Tudor....he really don't need it

Any progress on yours Jeffery?

14. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

I would love to have a 348 or 409 but it seems like since HOTROD mag run the big article on them everyone that has one no matter what it came out of truck ,etc.etc. they think its worth a million dollars.It's made it hard for broke white boy from small town nowhere to find one decent priced.The radirs that were on it beofre were my buddies rims I bought a set of 15x10 Supremes from Eryk Fry for cheap and i am running those with the Hosiers i have for mock up but hopefully i will be able to pick up my Radir cheaters before long.

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Supremes could be cool too! Your avatar just looks the part and I would be shooting for that!!! Wish I could have given you my Radirs off my roadster they would have gone to a good build.

16. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Wow that would have been awesome! I wish i had the money for the Radirs being layedoff with no unemployment sucks.My dad helped fund buying the Supremes but ya i wish i had radirs.With the Supremes it kinda looks like Weezners Zombie Fly!

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Ok if that's the case, go no further. You have reached perfection as far as wheels go.

18. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Thats funny after i got them i stood back and was like wow where have i seen this combo before? Then i was going through Weezners sight and realized that it was the Zombie fly it hit me.But i wanna paint mine blue like the 30-31 A with the inline 6 and the model a spoked wheels instead of green.

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

See when I look at the Weez's paintings such as Zombie Fly I am seeing more American Five Spoke but a full polished version rather then Supremes. That's the reason I changed my Roadster's wheel to the Ansen 5 Spokes that are on there now. One of his painting reminded me of my car and so I took that look and expanded upon it and tried to make it real.

The American 5 or Torque Thrusts (fully polished) may be another option to go. You might be able to save some money by polishing them yourself and bringing some back to life as I did. I spent $250 on the wheels and another $50 to polish them myself and paint the centers. A little time and a lot of patience and you could have super slick set of wheels for the price of one Radir.

20. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

You are correct i guess it was thae Candy Crate tha had what looks to be supremes.I may even end up changing them out if i can find a set in a 15x10 with a 2inch backspacing.

21. PoPo

PoPo

Slick when am I going to get an invite to come over and bust a knuckle with ya? Your only 25 miles away. Im coming up on weekends off now man. Shoot me a PM and I'll head your way.

I just sold my truck and my car, now the A is soon to be alone in the 3 car garage!!! Looking to save some cash for a 32 frame to put under it

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Nice to have friends like thisˆˆˆˆˆˆˆˆˆˆDefinitely helps build motivation.

23. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I have to keep my eyes on this one........and oh yeah the SB with the blower would be right at home in my 55 Chevy....lol........

24. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

When I wasw a kid I sold newspapers in front of the Post Office, close to the train depot. Across the street was Healey's Drug store. The soda jerk and training druggist drove a '32 Chevy with a 302 GMC in it. Red with black fenders. Chrome doors on the hood. GMC was still Army OD green. Loved that car. When the soda jerk went off to collage he tried to sell it to me really hard. no way my dad could go for that. Maybe that's why I later had a '32 Ford with a GMC. Red with no fenders. great car. Put a Jimmie in it.

25. Ghost28

Ghost28

nicely done slickster. you are well on your way I can tell by your expression. Except all offers to help, Garage friends are the best kind. The seat you are using looks familiar...ghost

Attached Files:

26. Onelow34

Onelow34

car looks good man. we need to get together again so I can get some body work done on that beast and get it on the road!!

27. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Hey ghost thats awesome my seat came out of a 97-98 chrysler van and you are correctlooks like we got twins!

28. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

We may be getting together this weekend with PoPo and working on it to try to get the frame finished.

29. I'm subscribing to this build thread, glad to see you having such a good time during "the mockup", it'll just bet better and better from that point on!:D

30. make sure you take pics and post them