Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barn Find? well...sorta.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kgriff, May 21, 2009.

1. Man, some of you guys are really judgmental. The mans dad left him a bunch of "crap" and then he also left him this car.I remember when my dad died I had a lot of "crap" to deal with too.When you die,imagine the crap that your relatives will have to deal with...stuff that to you is valuable but to others is crap.The car has set there for 9 years so its obvious that he is holding on to it.I have my dads car in the garage now.It hasn't been driven in 10 years.Some of you need to lighten up,just enjoy the story and don't be so jealous.

2. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Wow you guys are better than my psychiatrist.
    Got this all figured out huh ?

It's your car dude tell all the selfrigteous to piss off.
    If'n it were me I tell them I'm gonna haul it outside and let it sit in the rain & rust for next 10 years.

I know back to my hole.

3. I picked up a '34 5 window two days ago, I will take the windshield, grille/radiator, and the fender aprons if it's just gonna lay in that shed. How much? Thanks.

4. Shoprag

Shoprag

The WTF! the way I read it was why was he drivin a 4 door instead of the car he parked in the garage and the crap as sarcasm. give a guy a break.

5. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Wow, I don't know how you let that sit? If your Dad kept it that long, it obviously meant something to him. It never came up 15 or 20 years ago, "hey Dad, let's pull your old coupe out and get it going again!" :eek:

That's what we did with my coupe. Fortunately for me, my Dad is still around.

6. Firetop

Firetop
    from chicago

We all know its a cool car. As for the circumstances and situations surrounding the car and family no one knows so no one can judge. Like most I couldnt have waited that long but those are my value judgements not his. Lets hope we see it on the road or that it goes to someone who will put it there if he doesnt chose to do so.At least theres one more out there we know about.

7. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

After seven years you that car was officially abandoned and should now be up for grabs

8. Sweet man! Thanks for sharing the pictures and the story...and to the ball breakers:

JEEZ!

Lay the f*ck off the guy already. He gave some background to the story that everyone always begs for and HE gets attacked? Some of you guys need to have a coke and a smile and...well, you know...

My dad has dozens of cars, and a house full of old automobilia, and a large storage space that would take me at least 10 years to go through in a similar situation...and cars in CA don't generally evaporate into rust piles in a garage if they're parked...

And, just because it sits dormant for a number of years, it still takes time and money...resurrecting a car, no matter how cool and desirable, still takes a back seat to dealing with family and estate stuff. If everything went through probate, 10 years is nowhere near a worst case scenario sometimes from accounts I have heard.

How about we just say were happy for him, and in most cases jealous.

Sorry for the rant...not really my style.

Todd

9. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I have to agree with alot of the posters that say back off this guy. Its HIS BIZ!
    By happy for him on havin it and sad for his loss. I have the only car my Dad bought new and I'd trade that and my arm for one day with him. I'd read these petty,B.S. posts and never come back, thinkin all you were a bunch of thimble dick grade schoolers. .02

10. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Sorry about your old man but I wish I had "crap" like this left to me....what other "crap" do you have? We HAMBERS love "crap" and even pay for it sometimes!...Turn your unwanted "crap" into cold hard cash!!!hahhaha

11. wow nice car, sorry to hear about your dad. If my dad dies we have to farm the land for 5 years or lose almost all of it. So i can understand why after 9 years. I know of family's that just start fighting and it ends up mostly going to lawyers.

12. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

Well, I read this and here is my take. Look at his profile. He is a car guy and he loved his Dad. The word crap does not always mean crap. It just means that he had and still has a lot to deal with. I mean the guy has 5 cars and one of them is a 32....I promise you he does not think of this as crap. I hope you guys have not pissed him off so bad that he will not share more of this interesting car.

13. racer756

racer756

What year Eva Longoria?:D

14. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

Look at his profile, he has plenty of other "women" so this one will have to wait. Only 24 hours in a day and some of us work a few of those.

15. racer756

racer756

This young man has it all wrong, sounds like he needs MORE COW BELL!!

[​IMG]

16. kgriff

kgriff
    from CA

Fellas, I don't think the stuff I have is junk. I know what a lucky fucker I am to have the stuff I have and have been given. I especially know how lucky I am to have had the father I had, he was to me what site is all about. You guys are right the car has been sitting for to long. I'm sure when the old man bought the car he never thought it would sit for so long. He was however the kind of guy who would buy something, mess with it for awhile, find and buy something else, mess with it, find something else, buy it, mess with it, and on and on. He loved alot of different cars and would have liked to have had them all. I think alot of guys on here can relate to that, I sure can. He bought alot of shit, sold alot of shit, gave away alot of shit to his buddies, and collected alot of shit. And he would have loved the HAMB. As to why I haven't done anything with the car yet, I've got my reasons, kids,house,other family shit,other bullshit ect. who gives a fuck. Like I said you guys are right the car has been sitting to long, but I already knew that. This isn't the only car I was left and I already had alot of my own crap. But I realize I can't have it all, and have been selling off alot of shit. Maybe someday soon, some dude with alot of money will have the day of his life pulling this car out and trailering it off. To do what with? I along with the rest of you hope not to sit around for another 50 years. I won't take any of joy in seeing this car go. But the build this money will go toward will be a tribute to the old man, will be traditional, and will be a car that he gave to me. Other than a few local guys who know this car, I will be sure to post it here first. And also will be sure to document it being pulled from it's resting spot. I posted the pictures in the first place as I thought some of the boys here would enjoy them. I certainly didn't intend to bring a shit storm onto myself. But I've been around here long enough, I should have known better (my bad). No biggie, in some sick sort of way I kind of enjoy it, makes me feel at home. I would however like to say to all you boys out there not busting the FNG's balls,Thanks. As for the 4door? I don't know why he drove that instead, but I do know he loved that car. Maybe because it had a back seat...hehe.

17. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

Quote" I posted the pictures in the first place as I thought some of the boys here would enjoy them. I certainly didn't intend to bring a shit storm onto myself. But I've been around here long enough, I should have known better (my bad)."

YES, but this keeps other people from sharing cool stuff. They want to but just can not stand the abuse.

18. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

At least its in a chicken coop.. instead of in the mud.. like another Coupe that was posted by some one else.. . treasures are in all shapes and sizes..

Hope you keep it and Fix it up.. Sometimes money isnt every thing..

19. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Kgriff I know you don't have to explain to us humps here but I respect your last post.
    Sorry I misjudged you hope all turns out cool.

20. kgriff

kgriff
    from CA

I appreciate that KooDaddy, I surely do. And thanks for the kind words from the others. It's all good, we all woke up this morning and we all have this place and our cars. And racer756 was right I need MORE COW BELL!!

21. Zurekbrau

Zurekbrau

Amen Brother. This sound like my story buy I am in only year two.

Rich

22. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Well I would ask what is your point in showing it to us?? Cause you don't seem to be saying "hey I think its finally time to pull it out " etc etc..seems more like hey look what I got,,,,but don't care to much about other than "hey look what I got"..What is the point of the post :confused:

If its a Thanks to your Dad well fix the car up and show him what it means to you

23. gotra66

gotra66

I beleive that everyone could use a little more cow bell!