Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dynaflow shuffle - who's the experts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FSHTNK, May 18, 2009.

1. FSHTNK

FSHTNK

My '57 Buick has original 364 & Dynaflow. The Dynaflow needs a rebuild, and for that matter so does the 364.
    Question. Can I utilise a '62 401/Dynaflow, and retain my torque tube setup. I.e. I'm wondering if i can swap the output from my dynaflow over to the later model one.

Converting to an open drive shaft seems a very expensive option, when i have just spent major bucks on the '57 diff.:(

Anyone know if this dynaflow swap is posible? or alternatively, has anyone made an adaptor for the torque tube to a Th400?

2. FSHTNK

FSHTNK

Bump - The engines I've found are actually '63's - anyone know if the tailhousings on the different Dynaflows will interchange?

3. haulAss or GTFO

haulAss or GTFO

to be honest i'm pretty sure you cant at least that what i'm told
    i was gonna buy a later dynaflow for my 55' and i was told it wouldnt work

4. Yeah, but the bolt pattern changes from '56 to '57, that's why it doesn't work for a '55. I was going to say the '63 would bolt to a '57 motor but I see you want to change the motor too, and I'm not sure if the front mounts stayed the same from '57-'66, although I'd be kind of surprised if it did.

5. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

I have a rebuild kit for a 55 dynaflow, if that might help