Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage <<<<Not just a pretty face. The Hussy does The Roundup!!!>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Apr 21, 2009.

1. very cool post - I actually got to see Ron in the T on ya'lls way through ATL rush hour. Great looking little ride. Next year you have to drive it.

oh I saves all those pics of Ron squeezing out of the car - hilarious shit right there!

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I thought hussy was gonna be your pet name for Ron. :D

Looks like you guys had a good time... It was cool that you took pics of Ron climbing out, I needed that laugh... But now that you're famous I gotta say, "no one cares about your roadster" :eek::D

3. 31whitey

31whitey

Now that was fucking awesome guys...

Im laughing my ass off at you guys... and so stoked for you all at the same time.

Seriously...thats it right there.

IT would have been crazy to be ridin in that T passing semis in the rain....FUCK YA.

Dude...are you buddies from Pittsburgh.

4. seriouslybaby

seriouslybaby
    from small town

i seriously needed that laugh this morning!! tears were pouring... people came in my office to see what was so funny (no offense bloodyknuckles!!)!! glad y'all had a great time & had a safe trip home.

5. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Great pics man wish we could have hung out more but I am glad we decided to wait to shoot the roadster till you have it to your liking........See you guys soon

6. I'm from Pittsburgh-n-at. He's a Buffalonian.

BloodyKnuckles

7. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

I love that roadster! Great pics and coverage too.

8. The Hop Walla

The Hop Walla
    from Dallas

[​IMG]

Here we have a fine example of a Texas surf-wagon.

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks everybody for tuning into the thread. I'm glad it's giving everybody a chuckle. When Ron started squeezing out of the car I was like "oh god yes!!! Davina, get me the camera fast!" Then I looked at him and said "this is really happening" while laughing almost uncontrollably."

Not sure about the headers whether they are Sanderson or not but they will be hung up in the garage soon enough and replaced with something more to my liking.

I do not know of any bumpsteer while driving the car but when viewing the thing on the thruway I did notice that on very large bumps the car lifts off the ground because the suspension is so rigid.

And to get this straight, Ron is the real deal. He drives these things like he stole them and maintains them meticulously. There would have been no one else that I would trusted to drive my car other then Ron.

Man, we really did meet so many cool people though out the trip.

10. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Thanks for posting, felt like I was there with ya!

11. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

Hey man, it was great getting to meet and talk to you.
    Like I said, I wouldn't change a thing on your T! Here's some pics i took while drooling over it. Glad you guys made it back safely.

Attached Files:

12. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

..........the only pic I got of Ron........ I do see a pattern forming here lol

[​IMG]

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

And I thought it was just me that he gave that gesture to.

14. You and your wife are both red-heads??? When are you havin kids :D

I may have to sneak down to Texas from my northern corner next year

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Hahahah!! My wife is a Hair Stylist and that's certainly not her natural hair color and my beard is the only thing that is red. Kids should be coming soon but if any turn out having red hair, I am high tailing it out of there!!!

Man I think you should go. I know I'll be there next year so it'll be good to meet you finally. Anyways everybody kept pointing to Elrods coupe and going "hey there's Chris' coupe!":D Just kidding.

16. That is what it is all about!
    Great pics.
    Thanks for the laugh Ron you sexy bastard.

17. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

I would put this in for a "best thread award", awesome pics and story!

18. Great job documenting your trip, thanks for sharing the trip and the great pics of the cars at the show. Very fun thread to read and look at.

19. Funny, I have dark hair but have a lot of read in my beard, too. Long lost brother?
    Jamie, my girlfriend, wanted to plan to go to VLV next year, but I'm thinkin maybe Texas instead. I'll have to figure out how to get a car there...30 hour drive for me at normal highway speeds.

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

DRuss32 I am sure that there will probably only two Iron Lords driving down next year for the round up. Those two are Ron & Me since everybody else likes working on shit more the driving their shit it seems. Not that I can talk because I have not made any progress on my coupe so I can sympathize. As for the questions:

>>I am always confused and lost. There is so much going on up in my skull and nothing at all at the same time which gives me that "I've just been molested look".:D

>>I let Ron drive my car instead of me because I trust him with my car more the I do with my wife's life. The Roadster is insured and he understands these cars far better then I do. So if a problem should arise I would just look like I have been Molested and he would react appropriately. I'm also about 5 inches taller so the car would have been pure hell on me over those 940 miles.

>>And yes Ron is the individual building the Skylark Gasser-esque Street Freaky AFX thing -a-ma-bob. Around here he is known as Boobie but he will not admit to it.:D

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

There is so much for people to do at Lonestar that I think your GF would be much happier (not that I know about VLV) but the restaurants as well as the music makes it a great time for all. 30 hours is a long time but over 3 day may not be so bad. Otherwise fly in and the rest will be taken care I am sure of it.

Thanks everybody for the great responses to our trip. I appreciate everyone looking and following along.

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Certainly. Ron always says that I look like I's scared when driving. I really am the last person that should be out in the open for everyone to see because of that. But the truth is that I love roadsters and being in them makes me very happy. I would definitely like to get at many people to drive down to Texas as possible next year. There is strength in numbers and as long one of us knows what they are doing we should get their fine.

23. If your making plans for next year, count me in, after seeing all the fun you'ns guys had this year-n-at I am looking forward to next year as my first "Round UP"

Great post and some really cool pics, you two did it up right, and don't be to down on Ron, that's just the standard Pittsburgh greeting... FU...

24. Yeah dude, I really don't travel at all, but have always wanted to see Texas. Could not think of a better reason either. It would make sense to fly, but havin a car at a kick ass event is waaaaaay more fun. I guess I have a year to plan it. Your trip was just shy of 1,000 miles...mine would be 2000 miles. Quite a haul!!

25. Flop

Flop

hahaha craaazy shit on the way home it seems and ron squuezing his ass outta that chopped window is hilarious!!!!

nice meeting you guys. shoulda hung out more but there is so much shit to do down there!!

and thanks for the words ron means alot!!

2000 miles no big deal chris. i put 3200 on the new car down back and around austin haha

26. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well not quite, ours was 1300 miles each way which is still a lot less then 2000 but definitely worth ever hour on the road. I had to take off a full week for just that weekend to make everything comfortable but I would say a week and four days would be sufficient for you guys. I plan on driving out to Bonneville next year for Speed week and I am sure that's going to be a haul.

On a similar note Chris, Ron's (BLOODYKNUCKLES) '51 Plymouth made it out to Viva a couple years ago which is a 36 hour drive each way and he said he would do that again also. Whatever the case, it will be worth it...I promise.

27. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's what happened when I went to The GNRS this year. I was so in awe of everything I hardly had time to talk to people and shoot the shit. I was like I have to see everything!!! In the end I still missed some shit so next year I am taking it easy and hanging a bit more. Swing by Charlotte and scoop us up on your way down. How rad would it be driving to Lonestar with like 10-15 Vehicles in a line?

28. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Thanks for the laughs. One's thing is for sure, you NC boys really know how to have a good time!

I'm glad you made it home safe and sound and were able to put some miles on that T. Until it nearly killed me I always like driving the old bucket, it was a great highway car.

Maybe Denise and I can meet up with you guys on the road if you drive next year, that would be fun!

29. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

About 15 mins west of The Continental Club is where the show takes place. It's called the Travis Co. Expo Center. As far hotels go, anything on Congress is the ticket. That where you spend most of the time and it's nice to be close to everything. Embassy Suites was cool and even let me park the trailer in the Fire lane for the week. The closer to The Continentals the better I would say.

This is awesome!! Already planning for next year!

30. Flop

Flop

we stayed at the super 8 on 35n 70 bux a night and a 7 dollar cab ride to congress sure beat 200 a night i heard from other places