Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage <<<<Not just a pretty face. The Hussy does The Roundup!!!>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Apr 21, 2009.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

The last couple of weeks have been a blur with trying to get everything straight so that Bloodyknuckles and I can make the 1300 mile trip to Austin for the Lone Star Roundup. It all started with me getting a bunch of ideas in my head of things that I wanted to change on my '26 Roadster to make it more of my own car. Pretty much none of that got done. I did not get the wheels from Wheelkid in time so I was forced to call the guy that I sold the Radirs to and ask to borrow them at the last moment. No new exhaust like I had planned and the chrome shop refused to return a call so my front end suspension parts remained in paint.

Anyhow Bloodyknuckles (lets call him Ron or Boobie) got the car ready as much as we could by running new fuel lines, replacing the starter as well as the fuel pump and topping of the fluids. I was not able to give the car a test run until the day we were leaving because I had no wheels and eve then the S.O.B refused to run properly. I decided that I would take it no matter what so there was no going back. I decided that I would trailer the Roadster because of two reasons...well maybe three.

1- My wife Davina would be coming and I was not going to subject her to that abuse
    2- I was on a tight deadline with work and any extra days off would throw our schedule for the printers off costing us money.
    3- and this one is debatable but I would say that I'm a pretty big vagina so I was nervous about driving a car like that all those miles.

So a trailer was lined up and the "Hussy" was loaded up Tuesday at 3 pm.

[​IMG]

Ron helped secure the thing and assured me that this weekend was going to be fantastical.
    [​IMG]

Ron's '51 Plymouth was looking really cool and clean as a whistle. He had to borrow his life partner's radials which is out of whack for him but he did not have any tread left on his 6.70s so on they went. I thought they looked great and gave his car a bit more whitewall which looked cleaner in my eyes. If you know anything about Ron, you know that he is completely anal about maintaining his vehicles and on another note cleaning his ears.:D So his car was good to go!
    [​IMG]

I forgot a spare battery for my camera as well as the charger like a dummy so there was not any pics taken of the two day ride down to Austin. Pretty much clear skies the whole way and highway miles until we hit 79 on our way into Austin.
    [​IMG]

I have to say that Austin is a lot larger and more hectic then I anticipated. We stayed at the Days Inn the first night off I35 which is like a thruway nestled under a thruway where pulling out with a Crewcab and '24 trailer seemed like a feat only attempted by professionals.

On to the next day after we got our room at the Embassy Suites provided by Monkee and his lovely wife Shelly we headed to Reggies for the BBQ. Not before some Mexican on South Congress!

Here you can see me in pure robot form as usual.
    [​IMG]

Alright now we are off to the BBQ at Reggies!
    [​IMG]

I know what you're thinking. How did your beard get like a frothy head on a fine draught beer? My answer is I'm polish.
    [​IMG]

We get to Reggie's and I attack like a wolf just devouring all of the eye candy. He is what was there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So much stuff!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is Ron in his usual form.
    [​IMG]

The Weez and I plotting on world domination or at least the fact that I should have the doors striped on my Roadster. Nice talking to you again Keith.
    [​IMG]

There were a lot of real nice cars there and I would have like to taken a picture of them but Davina, my wife was taking pics of the little dogs so I did not get any more.

After that we headed to the Thunderbolts C.C. for thirsty Thursday! Thanks guys for having us it was a great time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would have taken pics of the host's garage/shop because it was truly amazing. The amount of stuff that is in there and being built was giving me cold sweats the whole time I was there. Did not take pics because I was not sure about the etiquette on that one. Awesome time though. We had to head out early because we felt like the rain would start at anytime.

Back to Austin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pretty much cruised Austin that night and ended up at home slice pizza where we waited an hour and a half for a table. Good pizza though. Hung out in front of the Continental Club and see the art show which was pretty cool.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

As everyone knows it rained Friday so the barn at the Expo was the place to be!

Yo Bass! Where d'you get those rims? Probably the nicest Chrome I have seen on wheels in person. The car looks awesome!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chassis work was just as nice as I had imagined if not better.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the dark images. Again I do not have a good flash.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a sign of things to come. Ron's starter went and had to be taken out at the show and rebuilt on the spot.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Saturday

I missed taking pics of a great deal of cars but none the less they all blew me away!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was really diggin Mcphail's T Coupe.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't get me started on this one. Perfection.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We were shooting the shit when the Meet & Greet was going on. Totally slipped my mind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

So after the show on Saturday we did the usual and went to Congress, ate some dinner headed over to ASS and seen "The Rev" in what seemed to be the most fitting venue ever! Had a great time there and left to go back to Congress where more dudes then ever decided that their stock 1986 Harley FXR was cool enough to blow my ears out from revving it so high.....it wasn't though.

No pics because there is no room that clown car I call my own so I pretty much left it at that.

The next day we head out and back to Charlotte.

[​IMG]

About three hours in to the ride IT happened. Ron's (BLOODYKNUCKLES) tranny lost overdrive then reverse then pow!!! The whole thing blew. This is what followed the blast.

Ron on the phone with the guy that rebuilt the tranny trying to figure out what to do. Like I said usual form.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

While this is going on my wife Davina is dancing for him trying to cheer him up!
    [​IMG]

In between helping him I decided to snap some pics of the cars across the street.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the side of the road.
    [​IMG]

We decided to see if we could make it a bit further after adding some tranny fluid and gear lube. His car was pretty filthy after all those miles and the rain form Austin but still looked cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So we did not make it more then 5 more miles when the tranny became apparently useless. This was difficult for Ron to take seeing how he is anal about maintenance..and cleaning his ears but we knew we only had one solution at that point and it was not call triple A.

It was.....Drive my '26 T all the way back home while the '51 was trailered back!!!! I thought the idea was fucking retarded at first but cool none the less. So the first thing we had to do is get the plymouth on the trailer. I warn anybody with a weak heart, these next images will make you piss yourself.

Ever see a rather large feller try to squeeze out of a Chopped car like it was Hazard County? You have now!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Usual form even after pushing a golf ball through a garden hose!
    [​IMG]

6. um i can count to 13,,,,

xoxox
    miss hootch

7. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I like Ron,
    here are some more pics...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

good lookin ride. nice pics thanks for sharing. wisht ida been there.

9. geemann51

geemann51

One of the highlights of my weekend was to see your "T" up close and in person. Nice meeting you and Ron as well....

10. fix,, the rest of your pics,,,
    saw your cars at Reggies and Friday,,,
    glad your trip went SWELL,,,

xoxoox
    miss hootch

11. greasemunkey

greasemunkey
    from katy, TX

Some great shots...

12. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Wow...great pics I feel like I was there!!!

13. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Your car was rad. One of my favorite T's for sure.

14. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Me too.

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well to prove that the car was not just a pretty face Ron had to drive that mother fucker home 940 Miles and didn't even stop during a down pour as we were close to home. I thought he was going to slide that thing into a Semi because of the slicks but he kept it straight the whole time. This car has definitely earned it's keeps with me and the wife after watching it drive all those miles with no other issues other then a ignition switch that would shut the car off during a 70 mph stretch in which Ron just jiggled the wires and it fired right back up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here I think he was smoking a spliff the car was running so well!! Just kidding.
    [​IMG]

I then told him to wear my hat so that I can tell everyone that I was driving. Ooops cat's out of the bag!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After those 940 miles we only had a couple battle scars. The exhaust started cracking on one side half way through so we pulled over and ripped it off. It reminded me of that part in Slapshot where the bus drive was beating the piss out of the bus to "make it look mean". The car only sounded better once the exhaust came off! The other thing is the rear started leaking a bit but all in all the car performed beautiful and really proved just how Sean Vesley built his cars. He built them to drive and that it did!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So it was an awesome trip and got even better once Ron's Tranny blew. The time passed on a 19 hour drive like nothing because I got to have a little eye candy out in front of me. I have not owned the car long so it's still gets me a bit weak in the knees to see it in front of me.

I would like to thank the following people for such an awesome time.

The Kontinentals -for an awesome show
    Ryan -for a place to meet some rad people
    Dreddybear -for a being one of those rad people.
    Ron- for keeping me laughing
    Davina -for everything that I am and have
    Reggie - for the BBQ and cake
    Thunderbolts C.C. -for an awesome time
    Mike & Shelly -for a place to stay
    ASS- for the party

As well as everyone that I met and talked to through out the weekend. The people is what made it such a great time and the cars were the icing on the cake. Austin really is that cool as everyone makes it out to be. If you did not get there this year make plans for the next...and leave your 1986 Harley FXR at home.

"See what happen was...my cuuuzin!!!"

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

We all like Ron!:D Thatnks for the pics of me and the Wife in our car Chris. It was really awesome to see you again. Next year I call dibs on the spot next to your coupe. Where ever that things is I will be too!

17. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Dude it was awesome meetin you guys! I wish I could have hung out with ya more :eek: You guys are what hot rods are all about. Your roadster rules! GREAT pics :)

18. I have to share what I sent to you in the PM with everyone;

"You're A Dick"

"Not because you posted the pics but because you made me piss on the couch from laughing and Heather's going to be pissed...too late. She just pissed all over the floor.

Nice job jack ass!!"

I'm still laughing...

All I can say is that Jeffrey and Davina are an amazing couple. They are a truly special couple (and by special I don't mean retarted). I can't believe they let me drive their hot rod T all the way from Texas. I have to admit that it was fun to say the least. That thing is a rocket on rails.

I also have to publicly apologize to Jeffrey and Davina for stressing them out the whole trip and for not stopping during the rain storm and making it worse on them. That was selfish and irresponsible of me and I thank them for accepting my most sincere apology.

I would also like to say that I met a ton of super cool people on this trip;

Flop..You fuckin rock!! I'm glad I got to shake hands with such a young dude with such talent...Oh and your girl was pretty cool too!!

Dreadman...I thoroughly enjoyed our talk at Reggie's. I can't wait to see your car so get on the busy!

Reggie...Thank you so much for the invite to your party. All I can say is that it was awesome. I look forward to next year.

Greg (Geeman51)...It was great talking and driving with you this weekend. I hope to do it again sometime.

The Thunderbolts...Thanks for the Rockstar parking when we got there. You guys have a great club and great cars. Thanks for the hospitality.

Monkee and Shelly...Thanks for the kink in my back from the concrete floor I had to sleep on. Jeez, what kind of friends are you?

To the guys at A.S.S. for the great gig!!

And most of all to all the people involved in making the Roundup the best show I have ever been to!!

Thanks again Jeffrey and Davina...without you I wouldn't have had such a great time.

BloodyKnuckles

19. The Momma

The Momma

Thank You for sharing! I think you just solidified that my husband and I will be coming out next year!

20. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Awesome pics! Thanks for the Slap Shot reference, good stuff!

21. 19LaidBack37

19LaidBack37

Great photos and looks like a great time!! What size were the radials you had to run on the Plymouth?

22. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

23. ratster

ratster

cool story and pics/ what kind of headers? they look like Sandersons junk.

24. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Awesome pictures, looks like you guys had a great time.

25. Deadender60

Deadender60

good meeting you guys... I just got back ... tired, sleepy, excited..... tired..

-Juan

26. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Nice cars and pix, thnx for sharing.
    --mika

27. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Fantastic pics and story!

28. Juan, I forgot to add you as one of the super cool people that I met. You cracked me up. I hope to run into you again. Keep up the great work on the mag. I look forward to it every time.

BloodyKnuckles

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Great story and photos. It was wonderful seeing you and your wife again, and of course Ron, although I did miss you guys not wearing your black latex gloves.:D

30. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

Awesome story.

I like your T alot.

What is the powerplant? i jsut cant wrap my head around it.

Does it bumpsteer bad?

sounds like a lot of fun. Someday ill make the trip.