Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many times have you seen your car in motion?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Midnight 50, Apr 14, 2009.

1. 2002p51

2002p51

I forgot that I get to see our Mercury in motion a lot because my wife usually drives it.

No video, just a few stills.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

That car is amazing.

3. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Every year when I get it inspected...

4. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

I had never heard or seen our ride drive without me in it before, so my kid and I went out on a country blacktop, and he drove by me a few times, just so I could see it drive, and hear the exhaust from outside the car...

I figured out why heads turn when I drive by now...

Cool thread, thanx' for asking...

5. Justin B

Justin B

over easter weekend my soon to be uncle was over at the house, we were bsing in the garage talking about the 34. i told him i'd take him for a drive if he wanted, there's no passenger seat so he'd have to sit on the floor and hold the roll cage. he declined, we bs a little more and i say go ahead and take it for a spin, i expected him to take it easy and just kinda cruise through the neighborhood. instead he takes off down the street, makes a right onto the main road behind the house and all i hear is 7k+ shifts for a few seconds. at that point i'm going, shit i hope he knows what he's doing. fifteen minutes later and he's still not back, he left his cell phone on the counter, get in the truck and try and track him down to make sure he's not broke down somewhere. as soon as i go around the first corner here comes the 34 going the other way at 80+ the first time i'd seen it at speed from outside. meet back at the house and he's cracking up but stuck in the car because he couldn't figure out how to undo the safety latches. i left him in there for a few minutes to get back at him, called the other relatives out to laugh at him stuck in the car. he was giggling the whole night, don't think he's ever driven anything close to it before.

i don't have a problem with other people driving my cars, actually kinda enjoy it because i normally tell them to beat them up and see if they'll brake, but not sure i'm giving the keys to him again any time soon.

6. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

I will next time I'm in town!
    I'll be there this weekend.

Norton

7. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

hahahaha, I'd have left him there for exactly how long he was gone. :D

8. Twice. I let a close friend at work drive it and once when an alignment shop was test driving it. It looks damn cool and sounds great going down the road. I feel real blessed to have the ol Merc.

9. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

i know a guy thats like that with his wife. lol. im the downtown plate glass guy also,watch out for the long one ,it can hypnotize ya.

10. ...everyone should let someone drive their car back & forth down the road, you will love it, you won't believe how great it looks....it's not the same as lookin at the reflection in the windows, altho I do that all the time myself, always have.
    It's another way to enjoy your car.

11. T_Bird Guy

T_Bird Guy

I got to watch my Thunderbird drive back to my place from where we bought it. My dad drove the car and I followed in his car. I remember being nervous about the smoke coming out of one of the pipes. But it was still neat watching it go down the road.

12. mr.smith

mr.smith

13. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I had never seen mine from the outside driving in the almost 25 years I have owned it until my son took this video last summer.

Kind of a cool video cruising along about 55 mph and then poking the throttle in 4th gear (and popping my trunk latch loose, watch the end of the video).

The trunk has since been better secured...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not really the same thing but while working on a mates car I had to send him into town for more parts. Let him drive my O/T daily (at the time) driver, XD Falcon 351C 490hp man did it sound good as it drove away. I was blown away at how loud it was, though no neighbors complained.

15. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

My t-bucket and '48 Chevy p/u...only as they drove away after being sold. I've seen my Essex running down the road when my friend owned it, but that was 30 years ago and my memory is fuzzy.

16. henry29

henry29

There's a bank on main street here that has mirrored windows on the front.

Whenever I get one going I head straight there to look at my car, been honked at a few times for sitting through the light.

17. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Just for a second. I had my builder/painter drive it around, about 30 yards so we could load it onto a trailer to bring it home. Looked good.

18. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

havent even heard my start up

19. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

Holy hell that thing broke loose effortlessly at 55 with those tires. Very nice..... damn nice.

20. Glen

Glen

Its not a very good launch but I enjoyed this one:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yXmcJ5GgGIE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yXmcJ5GgGIE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

21. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

:D Shit,,, a good portion of the time my car has been in motion it was on the hook....

So, whenever I have seen my car in motion has not been that great... :D

22. I'm always catching hell from my wife about looking in store front windows trying to catch a glimpse of my car as I drive by!:eek: I got a good 3 hours worth of looking at it when my son drove it to a run as I pulled the camper. Here's a couple of shots I got while driving....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

Ahhhh I love seeing that little ground scraper run that gasser. :D Good stuff.

24. aus55

aus55
    from down under

I let a mate drive mine so I could see how it looked while I followed in his car. Long story short I got to see the crash.

25. Barry_R

Barry_R

A bit back I let my buddy drive my '69 Torino street piece. Last time he drove it had been many years earlier when it ran 12s - it now ran low 10s. He was showing his girl friend how it ran - - and I got to watch him get pulled over by the cops!

26. 24riverview

24riverview

Several times, the 2 most memorable were- sometime in the 80's on the way to Oklahoma City for the Nationals my parents were driving my coupe. I'd pulled up beside to check it out and noticed the blower belt wasn't moving, not good. Don't use the stock balancer DUH!
    And this time [​IMG]
    I let my son use it for his girlfriends (now wife) high school prom. He had called her and told her his car was broke (no surprise at that time) so they were taking my knocked out crew cab pickup and then showed up in the coupe.

27. Rust Monkey

Rust Monkey

All the time, the wife loves to drive the old cars to work and out with her friends. I really get a kick out of seeing her pilot the whips. Best (almost worst) one ever was when we just picked up HER '68 Chevelle from the body shop last fall. She was driving the Chevelle up front as I followed behind. We had been joking about how aweful it would be if we were to hit a deer or something on the way home (the deer are a major problem around here), so as luck would have it a deer stepped off the side of the road into the lane. So, she locks the brakes down and in a cloud of tire smoke pulls a boot-leg 180 right in front of me. When the smoke cleared we were sitting there facing each other completely dumb struck. She didn't hit the deer and actually kept the car entirely on the two lane road. Freaking amazing, a hugely lucky! Must be why I love her!

Attached Files:

• 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      58.9 KB
      Views:
  28. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

Cool, I thought I was the only one who did that, There is one building on my way home that gives a killer reflection.:cool:

29. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

Oh no, man that's horrible, but it always happens when someone else is driving. Usually for a "quick trip" and be right back........ on a rollback.

30. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Back in the 50's when I was driving my 49 Fleetline, I would often cruise the downtown areas in the South Bay looking at the reflection of my car in the big plate glass windows of the stores there.

I've also seen my Studebaker on TV and am hoping to see it in this movie, if it ever gets released. It was filmed over three years ago .....

RAZOR

(397)