Register now to get rid of these ads!

one good thing about getting laid-off??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hhatton, Apr 8, 2009.

1. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Could be a good deal but the way the economy is right now i dont see anyone needing shit done or id be doing it myself... Thats not to say it wont improve if you hang in there.. Ive doe some outside work and my shop is open for some right now.. Shit we spent 350.00 at the grocery store last night and thats just for a week! I realize we bought some stuff to gear up the camper for the summer but damn:)... 1 unenjoyment check gone !
    Dave

2. + ya can take a nap every day! 2 pm - 3 pm ... = NAP TIME ..

3. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Isnt that happy hour? I think mine starts at noon and just runs till bed time :)...
    Dave

4. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

I'll agree that the time off is nice, but i dont like having to have my girlfriend front the bill each time we want to go out and do something. My unemployment pays the mortgage and a few small other bills and she pays the rest but i honestly can't see how anyone on there own could survive on an unemployment check. With a house/utilities/gas/groceries and general cost of living its just not enough

5. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Ain't that the truth! I've been out of a f/t job since January. I've been picking up odd jobs here and there, but certainly not enough to cover the bills. I've started up my own business recently and I'm waiting for the snow to melt so I can get things rolling. I hate waiting, I need income now.

I have a ton of things I need to do to the Essex, but there's no heat in the garage. This week is the first time I've been able to work out there without freezing to death! :rolleyes:

6. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Ya my wife has to foot the bill most of the time but she is still working :).
    My house is payed off but ive got a car payment and taxes and utilities but im not near as bad off as some.. I just got done washing the dishes and patching some holes in the drywall in the bedroom. I am gonna get a lot done here this summer and im finially getting fired up about it . Ill have the whole inside of the house redone and then move to the outside stuff :)...The wilfe is gonna love me :)... She wants a celeing fan with a light in the beedroom so im off to go up the ladder and check that out.. Maybe I dont have time for working on cars :).. Or working at all :) These dishes are tearing up my hands though :rolleyes:
    Dave

7. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

wierd I just got done patching a hole as well...when it dries i have to hang trim for the window we just put in...now that the weather is finally breaking (fingers crossed) i can move outside and begin prepping the siding for paint.

8. HotRod33

HotRod33

I am ready to give that a try...

9. I have been retired for 10 years and love it. All I do is hang out with the guys at the different shops and take care of the normal shit at the house. Doesn't pay very good but it is sweet. My wife has 3 more years till she retires and we are looking forward to it.
    Don't have much money but we get by. I drive the old truck to as many deals as I can afford.
    Later,
    Dick

10. Kerry67

Kerry67

I myself think the economy is coming back a bit. I have a small antique business and the last couple months have been really good. People are spending some money for some more expensive items and stuff seems to be moving. Hopefully we are heading out of this funk.

11. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Well Ive got vinyl siding but it needs a wash really bad and im adding some 4 ft privacy fence over the cyclone fence i have just to keep the god damn dogs from barking.. We have dogs on either side of us and they are mean bastards and get mine all fired up. Plus then I can get some top soil and get grass back near the fence.. I wouldnt spend the cash right now but the wife say get R done so thats on the list to do also.. I need to make sure I get my time managed propperly cause when the weather really gets good ill have to take time out for afternoon Harley rides :).. Also most weekends ive got plans to be at a race track somewhere watching sprints midgets or supers (heading to eldora saturday morning for the usac race)so I cant be working on the weekends :).. Shit I forgot I need a roof on the garage too but it may last till next summer ?.. Its getting more and more to look like I just dont have time for any other kind of work this summer :)...
    Dave