Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects T-Bucket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jtbloye, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtbloye

jtbloye

I would like to bulid a tbucket i have a 97 ford ranger chasis I would like to know if i could mount a glass body on this chasis without a lot of mods? if anybody, out there has done anything like this, what kind of problems did you have. I had one guy tell me if i did this they would laugh me out of the park I real do not care if this car is not a show winner im just buliding to have fun with my son

2. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

sounds doable.these guys here are a bit rough on that concept though.good luck.

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Buy a cheap bucket chassis. Speedway.

4. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

yeah sell the ranger chassis and do a real t.

5. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

If you put a T Bucket body on that frame you will have a TURD.Nothing about it will look right and people will laugh at it.There is nothing wrong with using the truck you have for the running gear.T bucket frames are cheap and easy to build or buy.You should also spend money on a straight/dropped axle.You said you want to do this with your son.I have teenage boy's. Trust me on this they know a turd when they see one and your son probably does also.You put a T Bucket body on a truck frame not only will he not ride in it he will pretend he doesnt know you .Not trying to bust your ball's you can bolt pretty much anything to anything.But that dont make it right:D Gregg

6. George G

George G

Yes! X 2

7. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

I gotta go with Gregg on this one. Build a T;...not a poor excuse for one! Everything you'll need is relatively cheap, so go for it!

8. New Old Fart

New Old Fart

Build what you want, but I hope you have some mighty broad shoulders to put up with the crap you're gonna get here.
    Check into some of the T bucket forums and do it right.
    Make your kid proud to be involved with it, not ridiculed.

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I think this guy just needed a drama fix.

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's to easy to build a T Bucket right and not all that expensive if you do a bit of parts hunting. At today's prices it takes around 100 bucks worth of rectangular steel tubing to build a frame for a T.
    The Ranger rear end would work and you might be able to use a few other parts, even the engine and trans if it is a two wheel drive.

As the guys said, there is a wealth of info on building T buckets on the net. A search here will produce quite a bit of useful info.

11. silversink

silversink

And now you know. Build it .enjoy it just dont listen the do it right crowd.you will learn ther are people who will agree and a lot that wont. Its your dime your playing with so do what you want and how you want it.

12. I would think that if you measure the chassis, you will find that it will stick out beyond the outside of the body. That is not a good start.
    Now, normally, I would say it's yours, do what you want with it, but I think in this case, you'll get half way done and go "what the hell was smokin'?"

13. It's your ride do as you want, but as stated earlier I hope you have very broad shoulders for the comments that you will get. If you are intending to build it with your son I say do it right and build or buy a frame and use what you can for parts off of the ranger. You could also sell off the left over parts such as ther front suspension and stuff to help fund the build. Good luck, make it a good experiance with the kid.

14. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

The frame is too wide, and bulky for a bucket, don't do it!

15. RichG

RichG

T frames are cheap, use the ranger for all the drivetrain and miscellaneous, then ditch the rest. Putting a T body on that frame is gonna leave you with something you're not going to want to own...

16. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

It would be the ugliest pile on earth. But as long as you like it! build it for yourself! :rolleyes:;)

17. I'm really glad you asked FIRST. For a first post you really asked a good question. Now take the positive advise about building your car on a real t-Bucket frame. Your Ranger chassis should go to a new home, not under a bucket.

18. Outlaw Bender

Outlaw Bender

Probably it will look something like this.:eek:
    This one was based on an Olds Cutlass frame.
    So i suggest don't even think of it. Please!
    [​IMG]

19. BoomBoom

BoomBoom

Found this on Craigs list.......Nice.......

Attached Files:

20. Redstar

Redstar

kick ass I know

Attached Files:

21. metalmike13

metalmike13
    from Glass City

I have a 23 T frame for sale if you're interested. I have it listed in the classifieds!

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Use a Model A chassis. You can find them pretty easy.

23. falfas55

falfas55

Don't be cheap and do it the right way. You'll be proud you did.Just my 2 cents.

24. madmak95

madmak95

25. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Don't throw your money away like that.
    If you have a Ranger chassis stick a 47-55 1st Chevy truck body and bed on it and have a real vehicle.
    A Tbucket body on any chassis other than a T/A or 2X3 or 2X4 box tubing built chassis with an Ibeam or tubular front axle, yada yada...is junk. Never acceptable, in fact laughable.

The T bucket is easy to build, relatively cheap if you shop around for your stuff, and a lot of fun to build and drive. Do it right and love it.

26. Outlaw Bender

Outlaw Bender

whoa!
    That must be a phoneboot cup'e with that rare porch option.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.