Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats your work truck?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chappys4life, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Here's mine... Seriously O/T, but cool if you take a closer look...

[​IMG]

Diesel engine converted to run on recycled veggie oil. I'v got a processing plant in the back that filters and cleans the veg-oil so it'll burn in the engine, and 400 gallons of fuel capacity... 445 if you count the diesel tank.

I'v driven this truck all over the country, and I'v only had to buy about $200 worth of diesel fuel in the past 3 years. [you start and stop the engine on diesel, and switch to veg-oil once it warms up].

I'v even driven it on vacation several times because of the fuel savings. Been to Florida, PNW, outer banks, rockies... Works out well because I can camp in the rear.

375,000 miles and not one single lick of trouble.

BTW, the ranger is mine also. I do emergency medical deliveries, and sometimes it makes more sense to take a smaller vehicle... Like small packages going in-state, or deliveries to NYC, D.C. or Philly.

2. loranzo46

loranzo46
    from pa

40 CHEVY 084.jpg

Heres my project after I brought it home and my work truck behind it.

3. Mine's a plain '08 Tacoma Pre-runner Access cab. Caries parts and stuff, never tried to tow a car. I have a hitch and have thought about the possibility of towing my Model A if I need to. May not work.

4. guy1unico

guy1unico

94 Z71 GMC 350 4 x 4 great truck 181 K miles
    Guy / Dallas

Attached Files:

5. 1lowf100

1lowf100
    from zanesville

this is my work truck/show truck. it is so much fun to drive, i drive it every chance i get. my other truck is an 02 ford supercrew.

great looking truck uwonamos!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Me Likey!!!!!!

7. weldtoride

weldtoride

This Blazer for 4 years, replaced by 2001, then 2004 Dodge Rams, the only reason I parked the Chevy was one day when I turned a corner hard, I could feel the body tub shift on the frame, and sure enough, the rear 2 body mounts were rotted thru. 350 sb now resides in my '53 Buick project car. Reliable as all get out, drove it everywhere without worries. With an ugly spare mounted up front and back, and all the rust, I had no issues getting into whichever traffic lane I wanted to, it parted traffic like Moses parted the Red Sea.
    blazer.jpg

this is my work truck when I'm not in a hurry, or not away from home more than 50 miles, or not towing the trailer

54.jpg

8. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

9. Tony

Tony

Those 73-74 Blazers are cool trucks...full removable top was nicer than the 75 up. Too bad yours got so bad rust wise..the're not easy to find anymore if one's looking..I tried..ended up with a 77 for a few years.

10. 53choptop

53choptop

04 f250 as the tow rig and working on the 57 as a parts runner

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Sixness

Sixness
    from Cen Tex

12. weldtoride

weldtoride

Tony, I've had a lot of vehicles, and I really miss that Blazer more than most, plain and ugly just like an old friend, and just as reliable. I searched for quite a while for a better tub for it, but here in the midwest, it was a no go. And they were great with the "top down".

13. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

I use mine to haul the rare stuff down to my parts bunker at the bottom of my hill. 1973 Steyer-Diamler-Puch (SDP) Pinzgauer. Work Horse, will climb a wall if it has traction, but tops out at a very loud 60 MPH.

Attached Files:

14. Michigan Rick

Michigan Rick
    from Owosso Mi.

since 1980 this one has been doing the job.

Attached Files:

15. phukinartie

phukinartie

06 GMC duramax 6 sp allison chipped piped and filtered its my 2nd fastest rig

16. conceptfab

conceptfab

Here's my ole work truck...

Attached Files:

17. 48bill

48bill

Here is mine.

Attached Files:

18. nitrozahn

nitrozahn

I was starting to think I was the only Toyota owner. FYI that little Taco can handle towing more than you would think. I towed my 51 ford f1 1100 miles no problem.
    [​IMG]

19. crook

crook
    from Winder,Ga

My daily git-a-round.

Attached Files:

20. alaskanroadzombies

alaskanroadzombies

heres mine Alaska style

Attached Files:

21. 1996 Dodge 3500 Club Cab Cummins 5-speed. Bought with 20K miles on it, now has 175K. It's pulled 23K# worth of trailers behind it (two five-stacks in tandem), a 29' fifth-wheel RV, a 19' car hauler, and more. Twenty-one on the road, empty, and anywhere between 13 and 19 with a trailer and depending on the load, speed, and winds. My '37 is on the hauler, just back from the glass shop. Pic taken a couple of years back.
    [​IMG]

22. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

I've got one too. 2000 Tacoma single cab 4cyl auto. Tiny little thing, but I've used it to haul all kinds of stuff. I once took apart a '29 Chevy truck chassis and stuck the whole thing in the bed. The frame was hanging out the rear about the same length as my truck is long.:) But then again, we took apart a Crosley and put it inside my at the time girlfriend's Scion Xb. About two weeks ago I stacked almost an entire '64 Comet (minus drivetrain and unibody)in the back of my friend's 2003 Tacoma and drove about 90 miles. Totally off topic, but great little truck.

23. Now that's cool! Looks similar to a unimog (sp):D

24. heres mine,
    '53 f100. 400 ford fmx and 9 inch. Is off the road this week as I'm fitting Jaguar
    IFS to it.

Attached Files:

25. Here is my 71 K20 with my 71K10 loaded up ready to go for a ride next weekend. I traded the K10 for a 1941 Cadillac Sedanette...Ill post pics of the Caddy when I get her home.

Attached Files:

26. [​IMG]

Heres mine, '66 Mercury Crewlcab.....

-Shiny

27. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Home depot, junk yard, dump, car show, daughters ballet class. It does it all.

(getting fresh paint as we speak)

[​IMG]

28. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

my '00F250 in background and the toolbox '64 grumman.
    [​IMG]

29. 1986 Chevrolet Astro

Lowered, 17" Impala wheels, Daily driver with over 200k, it tows cars, halls motors and parts and just keeps on going.

Attached Files: