Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bonneville; because I just don't know...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gassman57, Feb 17, 2009.

1. gassman57

gassman57

Are the salt flats open to racing any time other than speed week?

2. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

World Of Speed, mid September. Run what you brung.

3. theladylux

theladylux

Yes! They have quite a few other 'meets' there throughout the year.

More info can be found on the SCTA website, I think.

4. 4 port Riley

4 port Riley

5. gassman57

gassman57

Thanks guys...I'll look them up!

6. Speedweek, World of Speed, World Finals, BUB trials (motorcycles)

And those only take place in a couple of months out of the year. Aug - Oct

7. While I'm not expert, I do believe that if you have enough re$ource$ you can reserve the courses for a private session, usually during the weeks immediately after the regular meets.

Typically you will see large corporations or automakers such as GM or Ford doing this so they can get in exponentially more runs than the usual meet schedule would ever allow and also to take advantage of optimal weather whenever possible.

8. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

The World of Speed in September is a more HAMB friendly meet as they have the 130 mph one mile course for street legal cars and bikes. And other!. So you can run your reasonable hot rod on the salt for a mile flat out. And it's not expensive. Check out the USFRA web site for rules. Motels are open and cheaper also.

9. gahi

gahi
    from Moab, UT

I've was out there on just a random weekend in august. I was the only one there. Hauled ass around for a while. Pretty sure its just BLM land so you can head out there anytime, make sure its dry though. You dont want to tear up the salt.

11. firingorder1

firingorder1

You have SpeedWeek Aug 8-14, The all motorcycle BUB meet, World of Speed Sept and World Finals Oct. 7-10.

12. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

If you haven't already, check out the www.Landracing.com.website. Has a lot of information on all the salt meets and as well as other LSR courses and meet dates including links to the sanctioning organizations.

Ed Purinton

13. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

Mike Cook will be running his FIA/FIM meet again this year, the week following the WoS in mid-September. Last year's event resulted in the World's fastest motorcycle the Ack Attack at 360.9MPH. The Burklands broke Al Teague's FIA record at 415MPH. Two records for the Speed Demon, two records for Lynn Goodfellow and a number of exciting runs.

This is an invitation only meet limited to streamliners and motorcycle streamliners, a max. of 10.

Mike has stated that the meet will be open to the public again this year. This event is destined to become a classic LSR staple and one that should not be missed if you are interested in thebest of the best.

DW