Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ok SO I GOT A QUESTION.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TJratz, Feb 17, 2009.

1. TJratz

TJratz

Im wondering if any one can help me in finding a master cylinder/booster assembly for a 1950 chevy deluxe. I am looking for a unit that will stay under the floor. Im sorry if you guys are getting tired of me. lol

2. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

do a search..there must be a trillion threads on this subject.then if you can't find it..let us know

search first,then ask

3. rodknocker

rodknocker

4. Ghost28

Ghost28

tired of ya? not a chance. The booster assembly I got was from a company called waterloo tire company out of iowa. Kind of a mail order outfit. Any way the unit I bought stated it was for a 32 ford. But it was a universal style kit. Also make sure you get the dual booster and not the single unit. It will work better with the weight of your car. I found them looking through ebay for 32 ford. And there they were. Oh and also if you go the ebay route, scroll quite a ways through cause there pricing is all over the board. good luck...ghost

5. Dueceburnout

Dueceburnout

there is bolt on pedal kits that put a 7" booster under the car bolts in. works OK i think speed way sells one. Buffalo has one but i dono if its for a booster. but i think it would work.

6. hotdamn

hotdamn

personal opinion, you really don't need power brakes on that car.

I have a 54 with a manual 78 corvette m/c underthe floor and it works great.
    (disc brakes in the front too) mount your m/c behind your stock one- hollow out your stock one- and run your push rod right thru your stock m/c to your new one behind it. pretty easy to do and it allows you to keep your stock pedals with out having to mess with them too much:)

you could probably do the same with a small booster too.
    I personally feel that my car brakes just fine with out it though.

7. Rockit53

Rockit53
    from Berwyn, IL
    1. 37-38 Chevys

I got a manual underfloor setup with a dual master that uses the stock pedal from ECI for my '53. It uses a mustang master cylinder for disc front drum rear. Works good and easy to install.

8. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

If you're going to run the car LOW, don't use a booster. they usually hang below the frame rails. As the others have said, you really don't need one.

9. TJratz

TJratz

Thank you all so much. You have no idea how much you guys have helped me. This is my first attempt at a custom and I just want it to turn out right ya know?

10. I'm running a Vette M/C also. Made my own bracket lengthened the original brake rod. Not that hard to do. Todd

[​IMG]