Register now to get rid of these ads!

Went down 4 some Tijuana tuck and roll and was robbed!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deville1904, Jun 13, 2008.

1. coop ED

coop ED

Hey I hear what you are saying. But I think the thing here is that it is traditional. I mean back in the day that's what people did. Or young teenagers with little money would go down to TJ to get their hot rods done. Garage magazine did an article a year ago about the same thing. It's the adventure of it all and having a good time with your friends. I went with them. It was to also prove that is Ok to go to TJ and the cartel is not going to gun you down for the day you are there either. Just my rant and a worthless opinion!

2. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

yeah thats 4 or 5 guys you don't have to worry about hopping the fence and starting a biz right next door to the mom and pop trying to take there work. instead there in there own country doing there thing

3. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

I understand, man. I don't blame you a bit. In this economy, we do what we can and it would make a cool road trip with buddies. I guess I'm just saying that it's funny that the HAMB police didn't jump on you. Everything else that's un-American is attacked with a vengeance, but this isn't. Just strange, that's all. I know that back in the day, that's what a lot of guys did and it would be a fun trip down 'memory lane' so to speak. The interior does look good. They did a great job. I just think of the guy about 2 miles from my house that has a beat up old building, trying to feed his family. It costs a lot more to live in Austin than TJ, so he has no choice but to charge more. It kind of screws him if everyone goes to Juarez or TJ to get their seats done. No offense intended. :D

4. rixrex

rixrex

I looks great! I hear all the stories of Tijuana..any Texas guys have any experiences of decent upholstery shops in Texas border towns? Nuevo Laredo?....

5. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

I spend my money wherever the fuck I want... Here or anywhere else. This thread is getting stupid already, I knew it would turn into mexican, illegal, bullshit.....

Nice interior, I really like it..

6. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

The interior is bitchin' ! how's it holding up? Mexican people are the hardest working people i know, and most of em' take pride in what they do!!! right on!!!

Ian

7. Deville1904

Deville1904

The interior is holding up great. Got all sorts of questions and positive feedback at the grand national roadster show last month. All the stitching is intact and looking sweet. I even went back and got the trunk done later that year. Found a guy who did paint and got all of my interior panels, dash, steering column and steering wheel done. Ill post pics if I get a chance.

8. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Memo - post some pix of the whole car! Paul, too.

9. DaxxRuckus

DaxxRuckus

if someone sets this up, I'm in on the trip.

10. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Yeah .....

Like Montana is Baja Saskatchewan!

11. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

people, like me and deville1904 said who ever wants to organise a HAMB caravan across the border for some tuck n roll send me or deville1904 a PM.We will take you across to the upholsterer and make sure you get what you want at a reasonable price and get you back across the border again,this is no big deal we will take care of it just work out the time,place and the date and whos in and its on!

12. dj_rockinvic

dj_rockinvic

That's tight, just about to finish body and paint on my ride. A $1000 bucks! Gives me an excuse to visit my uncle and grandma...haha!

13. Philbilly

Philbilly

14. GasserDave

GasserDave
    from Sin City

Nice. Only $900. Thats a deal. Chale homes...

15. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Score..a good job at a good price.
    last time i checked this aint a gold chainer forum..rock on man

16. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Von rigg fink,right on.I had mine done there as well.Your right no gold chainers here,just hard working guys trying to make great kustoms like the old days

17. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

well for an 08 thread it sounds like it may not be a good idea to go down there in 10

18. Deville1904

Deville1904

Whats funny is that in 2008 everyone said it wasnt good to go down there back then. Search my posts. I asked around before I went down and got some biased responses. I ignored them all and trusted my instincts. I go to tijuana about once a month. I used to visit the dentist frequently down there. My insurance covers everything in tijuana so I dont pay a cent out of pocket. I was there last year around the fall and got my motorcycle seat reupholstered on my 74 honda. Got blood red diamond tuck and roll for 60 bucks. Same group of guys. No bullshit. I dont see why now it would be any different. If there is still anyone who is interested just let me know. If you buy me breakfast and or lunch and maybe take to a movie at the mall down the street, I will see to it that you get a great price on some awesome interior. =)

Johnny La-Chingas likes this.
  19. See you guys in he morning for another trip to tj. We will have to have Dave post some pics of the olds when we get back. Looking forward to good food and good times in tj with the guys!!!

20. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

service, unity, recover, sessions at 8

21. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

22. DAPER DAVE

DAPER DAVE
    from N/A

Samething happend to me and a friend of mine. They did an awsome job and took all my old interior including the rats nest in the original seat.

23. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

I can vouch for the rats nest,i saw it first hand.Champions is the place for this type of work.Great guys who work hard for a great outcome.

24. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

25. ytt49

ytt49
    from socal

pretty clean

26. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

That's rad!!! I need to go down and get some silver teeth.

27. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

28. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

go back to the start of the post,theres plenty of pics

29. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Yah but those are ooooooooold pics! I'd like to see some new pics of the most recent guy that went, or even updated pics of your bad ass interior!

edit: I meant pics of all the gunfights and action! :D

unfortunately I think you're more likely to see that in LA

30. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

johnny go to my hamb page and there are pics ,there is also daperdave,s thread titled seats ,which shows off the work done for his olds