Register now to get rid of these ads!

did I raise him right ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mow too much, Jan 30, 2009.

1. mow too much

mow too much

First I'm 56 years old, my wife and I were married 15 years before we had our only son, which I refer to as my #1 son, who will turn 19 on Feb 4th. Anyway over the weekend I bought an aircraft seat to use in the shop as a chair. During the cold miserable day Tuesday, I warmed up the shop to do a little work but ended up putting on "The Worlds Fastest Indian" for the umteenth time. As I was watching it #1 came down and noticed it had seat belts and said "COOL IT HAS SEAT BELTS I CAN STRAP YOU IN AND NOT WORRY ABOUT YOU FALLING OUT IN A FEW YEARS ":eek::(:mad:

But then I thought, hay he may not put me in a nursing home.:D

Attached Files:

2. ken1939

ken1939

Does he smoke? I mean, why would you smoke, you were given only two lungs why would you mess them up with smoke...well thats what me dad always said...

3. Haha. Sounds like a good egg.

4. The Wizard!

The Wizard!

I bet you 2 get along pretty damn good don't ya? Yeah I thought so!!! :cool:

5. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

you sound like a very good and funny father.......

6. mow too much

mow too much

Yeah he's a good kid, does'nt do half the stuff I did, but things were different 40 years ago, its hard for me not to try to fine tune him.......... you know all this wisdom? and gray hair.

7. BBobb

BBobb

Deep down i would be willing to bet he is trying to get you a discount on you insurance rates.........Sounds like a pretty good hand (#1) in my books

8. chevyshack

chevyshack

Sounds like he was telling you your an old fart. Strap you in the chair so you dont fall down and break a hip or something? I dont see any harm here unles im missing something. I tease my dad like that all the time.

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

All you can do while they are in your care is to try and show them the right way. I've found out that if you do they will grow up to make you proud. Growing up today is tougher than it was prior to dope and the internet. Don't give up the effort will pay dividends.
    BTW, spend as much time with him as you can. They are gone way to soon.

Frank

10. MyEvilTwin

MyEvilTwin

I would have buckled my father in and made sure the release was behind the chair so he couldn't reach:D

Really, we have a similar great relationship. It is nice, I can blame him for most of the crap I do-it is almost always car related.

Up early tomorrow for a swap meet with him. GOOD TIMES.

11. mow too much

mow too much

Yes he was, we kid a bunch, I was just happy to here he was'nt thinking about the nursing home.

12. cruiserbuddy

cruiserbuddy
    from Germany

My 2 and a half year old nephew calls me by my nickname "buddy".On last christmas eve I sang and played "Rudolph, the rednosed reindeer" for him on the guitar,
    just the other day in one of his picture books he found a reindeer and asked his mom to sing the song for him. She said, she can't and he replied "Buddy can!" So, each time from now on, when she says "I can't!" he says "Buddy can!"......

Next year its time for the percussion set as a birthday present from Uncle Buddy....and maybe, yes, a HotRod.