Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage D/FW Folks - Autorama!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anderson, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Wheelie

Wheelie
    from Dallas

I to will be in the Autorama (my first to attend an actually have something I built in it), so anyone and everyone stop by the Carrs's Corvettes and Custom tent and say hi. we will be near the entrance i think. We do mostly corvettes and GM stuff (sorry guys no traditionals completed....yet). My fresh ground up '72 Stingray called "Blingray" will be there so If y'all like pre '72 vettes with a shit load of chrome come check it out (no billit shit here!). Unfortunatly our blown '64 coupe isn't done but we may have the chassis there. Cool stuff if your a GM guy, and it pays my bills. See y'all there!

2. Anderson

Anderson

It's coming up soon.....I think I've spread the word to everyone, but in you haven't sent in your applications yet, get it done asap. If you haven't done the autorama before....the earlier you can move in, the better. It's much easier to get around when there aren't a bunch of other cars in the way. Also, they are being very strict on the no-gas in your car thing this year. Usually they have someone going around with a pump to they can siphon the gas out, but they wont this year. So less than a 1/4 tank....only a couple gallons allowed for the Fire Marshall to sign off on it. And you will have to disconnect the battery, so be prepared to do that to.

The custom cavalcade has been pushed up to 14 cars, and I hear there's a LOT of cool stuff! The Atomic Punk and Gene Winfield's shop truck are gonna be right there by the Hot Rod Arena.

Heres something cool.....every car in the Hot Rod Arena is going to get one of these plaques. Not some cardboard card, or a piece of sheetmetal....it's a cast aluminum plaque.

Should be a good time!

Attached Files:

3. Rusty

Rusty

Shaping up to be super cool!!!

4. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Will be there again with the 55 gasser.

5. bigken

bigken

Sweet - it's gonna be fun. :D

6. Anderson

Anderson

Gene Winfield will be making an appearance too

7. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

Got all my stuff squared away and sent off so I'll be there with my bike. Thanks Eric!

8. Rusty

Rusty

Do we have to have our own ropes?

9. bigken

bigken

They were Optional last year......

10. lsmjamison

lsmjamison
    from Texas

i just grabbed the last spot in the hot rod arena... anyone know what the move in and move out arrangements are???

11. bigken

bigken

You should receive an 'Accepted notice' that spells out the 'do's & don'ts. But move in and setup is Thursday the 12th, from noon-9p.m. Move-out Sunday night, after the awards. 7pm-ish.

12. lowmaster

lowmaster

So I got a spot in the hot rod arena, Who else??? Next week guys, I'm excited first time I've had a car in an indoor show in 15 years. I know Eric, Ken, Robert H. will be there who else??

13. Freaking SWEET! I haven't been excited about Autorama in years. This gives me a reeason to go this year. I like the idea. I know my car isn't exactly the ideal HAMB ride, but I am trying. I am hoping to get it painted this year (get the damb flat black off it, it was already on there when I bought it). This gives me a true reason to get off my ass for next year's show and hopefully show up with something worthy to sit next to some of the other HAMB'ers cars.

14. Anderson

Anderson

Lets see....

Theres me
    Jason (Elrod) bringing his coupe and roadster project
    Ken, Tony, Hugh and Brian with the Torques
    6 cars from the Lucky 13's (Bump, Crash, etc.)
    4 cars from the Leonard Stockers
    Snow Cone man (A 31 mo fo)
    Senior Fried
    Rusty is bringing his sedan
    Dan (38chev) and his 38....Chev, haha.
    Larry (Temper Mental)
    Jamie (Daddy-O 54) and his bike
    Shane (lowmaster)
    Chop Shop Rob and his pickemup truck
    Brad (Carl's Hot Rod Shop sedan)
    Lsmjamison's survivor '34
    An old Plymouth circle track car, pretty cool. I think it was posted here somewhere before.
    And a 62 Pontiac pretty cool nostalgia drag car.

If this goes well (don't know why it shouldn't) maybe we can get more room for next year.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  15. GonzoSS

GonzoSS

If anyone needs rides to and from the show. Ya'll can hit me up. I'll be more than happy to lend a helping hand. Hopefully I'll be there early Sat. morning to take pictures without all the people.

972.261.8211cell
    David

16. Big Tony

Big Tony

Need to give a special Thanks to Eric (Fidgiter) for ram-rodding this deal and to Jimmy Austin for giving him the chance...See ya'll there.

17. Elrusto

Elrusto

Hey, who is this "Legendary drag racer Bill Langley" that they are talkin' about in the radio commercials? Is he any relation to Bobby Langley? :D

18. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Hey Eric add me to the list. We will be there with the Winfield Shop truck.

19. Anderson

Anderson

Would anyone have thought after attending last years show....that #1, this would be happening....#2, that the Atomic Punk would be a featured vehicle........#3, that Gene Winfield would be making a special guest appearance......#4, that the Scorpions would be there and doing a cacklefest??? I think the autorama has been saved....

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  20. lsmjamison

lsmjamison
    from Texas

man, no doubt... i SWORE that i'd never be going again after last year! It took me a only two beers and less than one hour to walk the show and i cursed all the way to the parking lot about a good thing gone bad!

I'll be takin my 34 to the show and i'd never had guessed that a paint-flaking, rusted, survivor would be welcome.

Thanks to all involved for the save of the autorama.

See ya there.

21. Speedrome

Speedrome
    from Irving, TX

Eric,
    Great job on this so far!

Bart

22. Rusty

Rusty

Gonna be fun cause we are gonna make it fun. thanks to Eric and Jimmy For liking our stuff and wanting us to be there

Rusty

23. HR Classic Cars

HR Classic Cars
    from Wylie, TX

Any way to try to get a group of HAMBers together? when is everyone planning to go?

I'm voting Friday afternoon, most of us either have a car there or do this for a living, so we should be able to take some time off..

Who's in?

24. bigken

bigken

We should be there most of the weekend...............in and out.
    Thanks for the offer to play 'cabbie', might just come in handy.
    DOC - you really gonna show up this time? I hate bein' stood-up 3 TIMES..........hehehehe

25. Frank

Frank

Your Newport sure brings back memories. Buddy of mine had a 66 too. When he first bought it I thought it was hideous and that he was crazy, but it grew on me. It was green velvet interior and white and rode every bit as nice as a Caddy. He put Weld wheels on it before he sold it.

26. Frank

Frank

Yeah I heard the radio commercial for it yesterday and caught all that. For the first time in a long time, I am excited about this years show.

27. stagernwings

stagernwings
    from tx

Over dinner thursday night i told don about the bobby glitch and he will try and get that changed unfortunately late in the game .c

28. GonzoSS

GonzoSS

Bump...I'm stooked for this year's show!!! Is Gene Winfield really showing up?

29. Speedrome

Speedrome
    from Irving, TX

I was thinking about coming by Thursday during set up to help out if needed. Are you guys setting up Thursday afternoon or in the evening, after work?

Bart

30. Anderson

Anderson

Yup, Gene Winfield is 100% as far as I know.

I'll personally be there sometime in the afternoon to leave the car, then coming back after work to finish setting up.