Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 50 Chev chop/section

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hoitink, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Flop

Flop

dont ya just love doing things twice . when it only shoulda been done once. dont kno how many times i cut things back out because they were a hair off.
    when i did the window on my 50 poncho i got away with just laying it down so all the stock stainless could be used . i think my "ramp" that so many people use was an 1/8th inch and fits perfectly under the trim but you have more out of the front posts so i dont kno how that woulda worked in your case.. just throwin it out there for ya.

[​IMG]

2. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I agree, I think taking any more out of the roof would have made it look like a turtle.

You're doing an awesome job, man...it's really coming along fast. Thanks for the updates and keep hem coming.

3. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

Nice progress I love the lines... you have been busy!

4. Nice work
    Its going to look great when done

5. Customikes

Customikes
    from SoCal

Wow. Tons of really cool work. Appreciate the opportunity to see it.

6. FIFTY2

FIFTY2

Looks Awsome

Must be something in the water in Canada:)

7. Fishtail8

Fishtail8

You make this look wayyyy to easy... Killer job.

8. brentthebarber

brentthebarber
    from San Diego

I didn't mean to offend anybody. I was just throwing my 2 cents in. I love the way it looks too. I just personally wouldve done it. Keep up the good work.

9. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I don't like it, start over.

10. SAN JOSE MIKE

SAN JOSE MIKE
    from SAN JOSE

Great work! Your car looks badass.If you cut out a little in the center of your front bumper it would match the grill opening.but other than that all it needs is the black rims and the wide whites.Thanks for all the pics and Happy New Years to you and all the Hambros.

11. striper

striper

I don't know. I really like the way you sectioned the trunk. It is definitely pointier at the back than we are used to seeing but I don't think that makes it wrong. To my eye it still works, I've just never seen a Chev that looks that way before.

I say leave it alone. It is one of the things that makes this car unique and identifiable when parked next to 20 others.

Great build and great thread too. I'm enjoying the updates (and taking notes)

Pete

12. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

you beat me to it! DAMN! Nice job! I don't think I have the huevos to tackle that kind of project. Keep posting those pics!

13. gonzo

gonzo

Damn dude you don't waste any time. Must be those Canadian winters. Nice work and thanks for posting.
    John

14. JLasvegas

JLasvegas
    from Skin city

Damn, all these Canucks building these badass cars in the winter, I need to relocate to a colder climate

15. elvi411

elvi411

The car Rocks!

16. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

any updates on this its been 8 days is it in paint yet?

17. koolkemp

koolkemp

From what I have seen on the weather chanel they are in the middle of a major deep freeze...prolly to cold to wotk on it , but if you have been I wanna see some pics too :D Love the car!!!!

18. 50bomb

50bomb
    from Lodi CA

nice job! i have a 50 chevy and took 3 1/2 off the body. like the door job!

19. skoh73

skoh73

Leave the trunk. It works, and like one of the last posts said: it ain't gonna look like everybody else's. You already have one belly button, that's enough.

20. The rear window looks and flows better now. any plans for the level of finish? colors ?flat? shiny? Once again nice job!

21. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

Thanks guys for the comments.
    Took a week off working on it been doing little things here and there. It's been pretty cool out this way -31 this morning without the windchill.

Only plans I have for the body this year Is just to throw it in primer and run the crap out of it. I want to focus on the interior this year and make it nice an comfy for me.

22. skoh73

skoh73

I think I might need to move to Manitoba--sounds warmer than Wisconsin...

23. ken1939

ken1939

very nice, and you did it all in one day too! NICE. Really, great starting price, nice laid out idea and excellent execution. Sure you have more in Mig wire and cut wheels that the car cost, but well on its way to sweetdome. Get more pics up as you go! Makes me want to whack one!

24. 49Dodgeboy

49Dodgeboy

just spent the last hour reading this thread at work, damn you make it look so easy and trust me, we all no its not. Great work, nice inspiration and what a great way to show how to save an old ride........

25. RichG

RichG

What a beautiful car this is going to be. I have subscribed to this thread just so I can see how it turns out. Please, please keep posting on here, I don't want to miss one bit!!

Wicked, wicked kustom!

26. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

Well another cold snap again lol but finally got my ass in gear welded up the hood and got my headlight rings in.

[​IMG]

27. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

great work,,,,,very creative on the nose..i really like the way the bumper compliments the grille shell (or vice-versa,,haha)

28. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

grille looks good...i hadnt noticed it befoer (got lost in some of the pages). i like the way you widened it out to match the bumper. this is gonna be a killer car....thanks for all the updates and the photos.

29. essexrat

essexrat

Are you located in Winnipeg? I'm planning on moving out that way once it warms up a bit. I've got my eye on a 51 or so 2 door Chevy...I've got a 57 Chev 2 door sedan that I was thinking of starting on, but seeing your project makes me want to head another way...there are already too many 57's out there...I really like the stance of your Chev...reminds me of The West Coast Chopper Chevy...I realize that one is a 54, but still has some great lines....keep up the great work, and maybe once I move out that way, I'll bring my own Chevy and we can chop, section and deck it over a couple beers....since you work so quickly....must be the cold...I always work faster when it's frozen...

30. 51fleetline

51fleetline

damn the motha is off the hooook homie...keep up the good work!!!