Register now to get rid of these ads!

Go for a ride? Mans best copilots!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no55mad, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

Good old Bran, she traveled many a mile with us.

Attached Files:

2. Chad s

Chad s

Absolutely AWESOME dog! I love pugs, and I love Bostons, what a great mix

3. Alfster

Alfster

Max. Yorkshire Terrier.

He thinks all our vehicles belong to him. He just lets us drive them.

Attached Files:

• max1.jpg
      max1.jpg
      File size:
      103.7 KB
      Views:
  4. retromotors

retromotors

Yow....! And I thought I had pooper scooper problems!!!:eek:

5. Cargo

Cargo

Just had to go back and find this thread. Don't let this bring ya down-I just had to post.
    My Avatar is a pic of my Pug buddy, Murphy. He found me 13 and a half years ago, must of known a sucker when he saw me coming. Simply the most loyal friend I have ever had.
    Murph was by my side if it was in his power to be there, working, cruising, napping, eating (especially eating). Murph only had one vice, well he woulda had two, but we had him fixed, so that left just one,beer.
    One of the garage rules around here is don't set your beer on the ground, the Pug would get his sights on it and either knock it over and lap it up, or if it was a bottle he'd drag it over under the bench and get most of it as it foamed out the top. This brings us to the second part of the rule, if he gets your beer, it's up to you to retrieve it, the only person who dared take anything from the Pug was me, and though I could have retrieved it, it was just more fun to watch a grown man get backed down by a 25 pound Pug, (yes he was a big Pug).
    He had more character than most people, and the older he got, the more it developed. One of my boys did something that ticked ol Murph off one summer day a few years ago. My son was 13 or 14 at the time. The Pug waited until he thought the time was right and caught my son sitting on the lawn while we had a BBQ in the back yard. Just as calm as could be, that dog strolled around behind my son, hoisted his leg, and pissed all over the kid. We were all laughing too hard to get mad at the dog, including my poor soaked kid. Only time he ever did anything like that, but the kid got the message.....don't mess with the Pug.
    Once that dog decided that going for a ride was the best thing ever, he would not stay home. He went everywhere I went, including work. On occasion I would have to leave him. He could hear my keys from under the covers of our bed-where he insisted on sleeping, clear in the back of the house, my wife running the blow dryer, TV on and several doors closed between us. He'd let out a yelp and not give up the search until he was sure I had snuck out on him. I could come back 14 hours later and find him setting, leaning against the door, waiting. As he got older and started going deaf, he would lean against the door and sleep, snoring away, setting there until I reached down and patted his head to wake him up.
    Murph got real sick about 4 months ago, confused, he was falling down a lot. I thought he was not going to make it. Lots of tests, the vet said it was a tumor and only a matter of days maybe, but we put him on some meds and it was like nothing ever happened. My buddy says it was Murph being too stubborn to follow the rules, he just wanted a few extra months of hanging with me. They were good months too! But the stubborn old guy just got tired, he gave up the fight yesterday morning.
    Like I said when I started this, don't let it bum you out, it's a pretty sad time around the house, but telling you guys a couple of stories about my buddy makes me feel a whole lot better.
    If your so inclined, hoist a cold beer to one of the best co-pilots a guy could have, Murphy the Pug, "Heres to hanging your head out the window, just cuz it feels soooooo good"! Thanks Murph.
    It's good to have a co-pilot, enjoy em!

6. Road Runner

Road Runner

I know how you feel.
    As I said in a previous post, there is only one creature on earth that deserves the title of
    'Man's best friend'.

I never forget what a vet once said:
    'A man can call himself truly lucky, if he had one good dog in his life.'

When they go, they leave an empty space in your heart and soul at first, but the great memories eventually keep making you smile and laugh for the rest of your life.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  7. stagernwings

stagernwings
    from tx

Sorry for your loss and ya im bummed. i got 15.7 years from my heeler that was 3 years back still stings like yesterday .just poped a top on a longneck to buddy .c

8. Really sorry to hear about the huge hole in your heart.It makes this old guy misty eyed.But just keep remembering all the good days you all have had.

9. Ditto!!!:rolleyes:

10. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Bella is my buddy. Damn dog scratches on the garage door when she wants to go for a ride.

Attached Files:

11. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

beautiful dog,what am i looking at? looks like a German sheppard with long hair.

12. yule16met

yule16met
    from Hudson, WI

This guy helps me work on the little ones!
    He should be makin all the shows with me this summer. (as long as its warm enough!)

[​IMG]

13. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Killer is the Boston Terrier, he has NO idea that he is small (12lbs.). Clutch is the Boxer, he has no idea that he is BIG (88lbs.). Killer thinks he can kick big brothers ass, anytime he wants.

Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

Attached Files:

14. Abomination

Abomination

I had a Green Cheek Conure. :)

It talked. Even sat on my shoulder while illegally copied CD. ;)

No shit!

~Jason

15. roddinron

roddinron

Here's one of mine, I love her, but she keeps eatin' my paperwork!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. scottrich411

scottrich411

here's my bud elvis, he goes everywhere he can go with me. i go out of the way to include him a lot. i'm 20 min from the beach, but i'll drive over an hour to a dog friendly beach for him. He's actually sleeping with his head on my leg right now.

Attached Files:

17. boxstr

boxstr

Heres little Ruby.

Attached Files:

18. Muttley

Muttley

Basset Hounds are the best dogs ever.

19. y block

y block
    from kcmo

and thats why we don't have goats- or sheep- or llamas or....

Autumn thinks shes in charge.

Attached Files:

20. lehr

lehr

My boys !

Attached Files:

21. MercManMario

MercManMario

Our Greyhounds go EVERYWHERE with us. They are excellent on long rides. They keep bugging me to finish the Merc lol.

Attached Files:

22. Sadie Gray Poupon.jpg

Miss Sadie when she was little. "Excuse Me, would you have any Gray Poupon"?

100_0428.jpg

Miss Rachael. She doesn't get around so good now days. She just turned 12 and that's old for a Rottie.

This is a great thread. I love lookin' at all these dogs and the dog stories. May be o/t but who cares?

23. I believe that is a Belgian Tervuren; fairly rare in the U.S....

24. CalGasser

CalGasser

You otta see Happy work that Hurst 4 speed...:eek:

Attached Files:

25. I've read thousands of threads on this forum and none have brought more smiles to my old face than this one. :) :) :)

26. troylee

troylee

My pup Lucy helpin put a straight axle in the new 55.

Attached Files:

27. 31ratcoach

31ratcoach
    from rolla

i had a great dane that was just a puppy at 6 months old and was weighing in at 75lb and was 3ft from the floor to his back standing on hind legs he was taller than me 6'5" we use to cruise in my fox body mustang and he would sit in the passenger racing seat front feet on the floor butt in the seat and his head touching the roof it was so funny the looks id get from people going for a cruis cause hed duck his head out the window like he was saying "what" i miss him alot i had to give him away when we had our baby boy cause we was woried that him being a puppy might get jelous of the new baby and we didnt wanna find out the hard way so when my youngest is older ill have me another great dane

28. here is my copilot. her name is Roxanne and I got her off an old dog rescue site a year ago. She is the best dog you could ever ask for and is entirely devoted to me.... until the grandkids come over, then she doesn't know I exist till they go home. She is 9 years old and I hope to have her for quite a few more years. The other picture is Jasper our other pit. a real knucklehead, but him and the wife are inseparable.

to all the guys that have posted about a dog that has passed on, it says that in Heaven, the lion will lay down with the lamb..... I take that to say that our pets will be there when we make it up there ourselves. Bud

Attached Files:

29. My little girl GiGi - half Papillon and half Chihuahua. She came to us at age six weeks and she is a wonderful little dog! She isn't a huge fan of riding, but she'll go on her terms! Considering she'll usually drop a turd or puke when riding, she doesn't ride very often! GiGi is two years old.

Eight pounds of fluffy muffin...she never leaves my side, at home or in the shop!

[​IMG]

My other little girl DeeDee - a purebred Chihuahua. She is five years old, and we got her as a tiny puppy, also. She's just over six pounds of teeth and attitude. She LOVES to ride, and gets in the car without coaxing - even if it's just to pull the car in the garage or the shop!

In my wife's Chrysler, she'll get up in the back window and ride all day! She really IS that little Chihuahua in the back window! In here O/T driver, she'll ride up on the dashboard, or tucked away inside her shirt! DeeDee's favorite hobby is occasionally humping one of our male cats. Yes, that is correct. No idea why, but it's funny as hell when she does it!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  30. DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez
    from So Cal

Chaos was awesome! Looked like he'd tear your arm off for breathing wrong, would do anything for you, and tolerated the kids doing anything they pleased to him as he laid on the shop floor. Anything got to be too much for him, noise, sparks, kids, people, he'd get up walk away and jump into the truck bed, no matter how far it was parked away.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.