Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects what to do with nash metros

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oilslinger53, Jan 2, 2009.

1. yoyodyne

yoyodyne

And make it a parking lot drifter, like this -
    (please excuse the non-relevant content, this is for the concept:))

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oPQIizRp9ck&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

2. old1946truck

old1946truck

That is a sweet looking metro I like those little cars. I see a everyday driver here.

3. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

i think it would be a good idea to get one running. that way you can stash it in the back of the sedan delivery and cancel that expensive AAA policy. when you break down just break out the metro.

4. rustysconny

rustysconny

There's a guy around here who dropped a drivetrain from a turbo Solstice in one and drove it daily until the snow started flying.

5. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

I've seen them from bone stock original, to as wild and powerful as you can imagine. Like any cool old steel, I hate to see them in a junkyard. But I pass 2 of them right along the road in a boneyard on the way to my Dad's place near New Bern North Carolina. I can't rescue anymore right now, but sure hope someone gets these two cool little buckets before they become tuna cans. Oops! They already are! lol............. Just kidding. How many other cars do you know that can switch doors from the left to the right side of the same car?

6. madjack

madjack

Regular customer of mine is building a metro hot rod. He used a 2002 v6 mustang for the driveline and is in the process of fitting the suspension and narrowing the rear end to fit under a pristine body. Bitch'n project

7. Drewski

Drewski

Saw this one at the Hot Rod Reunion, Bowling Green 4 years ago.

[​IMG]

8. I was hoping someone would take the Hot Wheels stretched funny car Metro and do it in full scale...Perfect toy.

9. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

I've always like those things :eek:......They're so goofy looking , that they're kinda neat.....I like the idea of a road-racing look for the street.....maybe find some reliable Japanese donor car, and end up with a nice low, quick car with decent suspension and good brakes.....But you'd have to be a man about it, and take a lot of shit from your friends......:D

10. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

I dont know if this is do-able but if u get rid of the ugly lip thing, and raise the front wheel well, you get a quite nice sports car shape..

[​IMG]

11. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I like the version posted by Henry29 with the radiused wheelwells. With maybe a 327 and a 4-71 blower...

Not crazy about the Pro Street cars. Looks like they are trying way too hard to just be different (weird??)

12. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

Mrs Happy rides in her 55, stock motor hooked up to a nissan auto trans and 2 speed rear end gets it up to 70 on the fwy.
    MG front disk help to stop it.
    it started life as a sedan but the boss wanted a 'vert I grafted in the bows and header off a donner Met.

[​IMG]

13. put a 409 in it because it will be a while before I get to doing one. That way you can be the guinea pig :)

14. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

This car has been on the bumper before. He had the wrong nitrous jet in the car when he was at Byron for the wheelstand contest. It should be in Car Craft in a couple months with the article I wrote on the Byron Wheelstand Competiton.
    Mike TPG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. billyboy132

billyboy132

I know it's an old thread but love it. Is hot ridding not about vision and ingenuity but how many people on this forum have diddley squat of either!! Of course you can hot rod a metro with attention to detail. Currently on with mine - cut out the floor pan, new box section chassis, straight tube front mounted couple of inches forward of original front. Austin Westminster rear, ford 302 and four speed. Radiused rear arches and ford 100e front arches. Result, an awesome little lightweight gasser!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. codeblu

codeblu

Came across a RUSTY one lately, parted it out. However, we kept the engine. My son the Mad Scientist and a machinist friend of his want to see just what they can make or do to the engine to build as much power from it as possible. I realize many of you would feel they are wasting their time and effort. I tend to be supportive of anything that is constructive. Besides these two cobbled together their own turbo motor for a GEO .

17. Why don't you take the two, breakout your welder, buy lotsa stock and build a STRETCH METROPOLITAN.