Register now to get rid of these ads!

2009 Lonestar Round Up - Registration is OPEN!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by beatnikontinental, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Happy New Year from Austin Texas, everyone!

Its that time of year again - I'm happy to announce that registration for the 8th Annual Lonestar Round Up is now open. Complete registration details (plus photos and anything else you would want) are up at the website - http://www.lonestarroundup.com

Show dates are April 17-19th, 2009

We are returning to our digs at the Travis County Expo Center - which means lots of room, the swap meet, loads of live music, vendors, mini bike races - food, beer - and cars cars cars...

Come and meet and greet tons of other HAMB folk who make the pilgrimage (and go buy a T-shirt and an Alliance membership from Ryan and Marcie and say "Thanks!"), cruise around and enjoy Austin this big weekend.

El Jefe is finalizing the music lineup for the weekend, we will announce it soon - we'll have some special guests and headliners, and a very special tribute in the works that we are working on now.

So there you have it - let the thrash begin - you have 106 days to get your project out of the garage and into Austin.

a big Thank-you to Ryan and all of the HAMB folks out there for supporting the show year after year - we're working hard in Kontinentalsville to make it a great time again for everyone!

-b

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn, I have to get my shit together. April 17th is going to come up quick and I still have so much to do. Whether I fly or drive I'll be there!

3. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Looking forward to it again this year giong to be a blast !! You guys put one hell of a show on keep up the good work.

4. skyrodder

skyrodder

Yes! Let the thrashing Begin!

5. hkestes

hkestes

Looked at the site and could not find a registration form. Is there one or do we just send the check, photo and description?

6. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

are the vendor spots the same as last year?

7. right - there isn't a form - just send the check with your:

first and last name

mailing address

email address
    (very important - this is how we confirm your registration when we receive it)

and a photo and description of the car you are registering.

and please do try and write clearly, or type it - we get some real chickenscratch for email addresses sometimes and its hard to decipher it and send your confirmation.

8. yes - contact me via email separately for vendor inquiries

9. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Looking forward to sending my money in love this show.

10. QMOTOX

QMOTOX
    from STL, MO

Checked your website but there is no address to send the reg info and fee to. How much is the fee?

Will be my first time Austin but everyone I talk to says its a don't miss show so I'm looking forward to it.

11. skyrodder

skyrodder

Hit the register tab on top on the LSR site

12. QMOTOX

QMOTOX
    from STL, MO

Weird when I open that page with firefox it says REGISTRATION WILL BEGIN HERE IN JANUARY, 2009 - check back for complete details

when I open it with IE all the info is there.

13. hit refresh or empty the cache on your Firefox - all info is there - you are looking at a old version

14. jerry

jerry

Now I gotta get a picture of my truck again!

Jonesing for this show already!!!!

jerry

15. bonesy

bonesy

I need to get this event off of my "someday" list, get off my rear and make it there in '09.

16. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

The Yay-Hoos are looking forward to one of the best weekends of the year! We're also putting together a mini bike race team that is going to "dominate" the competition!

17. Cochino

Cochino

Can't wait! And we'll have a couple of mini bikes to give ya'll some competition!

18. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Haha... How many times have you gone to this event, Jerry? Do you really need to send a photo of your truck? ;):D

I always look forward to this roadtrip and seeing everyone down in Austin - what a great time - see ya there!

Malcolm

19. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Ditto. And, Ditto!

20. camargma

camargma

im pretty excited for this show!! i hope everything works out so I can go!!! :) :rolleyes:

it will be my first time going to texas :D:eek::D:eek:

21. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

I went down to the Austin Motel this morning about 9am to see if I could score a few extra rooms for some of you coming in from out of town for the Round Up weekend, but was I was surprised when I arrived. Apparently folks had been camping out in the lobby since 4:30 am waiting for registration to open up at 9am. Between the folks calling in and the people waiting in line, all the rooms were booked by 9:30 and I was not able to get any.

On a related note though, if you can afford it, there are two new places that just opened w/i a block of the Continental Club and you can call or email them. One is called KimberModern and it is a 4 or 6 room hotel w/covered parking right behind the club. Go to www.kimbermodern.com . You can rent the whole compound out w/ a bunch of your friends who are coming and set up headquarters there. The other is the new sister hotel to the San Jose and it is called The St. Cecilia. It is a 14 room hotel housed partially in a 1880's Victorian mansion. It is unbelievable, I kid you not and it is a block from S.Congress right behind Doc's. try www.hotelstcecilia.com . Brand new and super hip. But both are pricey, but most convenient. Just a tip from the top. See y'all in April.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  22. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Cant wait - Really looking forward to it...had a blast last year!

23. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Thanks for the info .Just to keep the sticker shock down the second hotel has rooms for 575 a night and one for 395 a night .The first place has not called back .I am sick of trying to get a room at the Austin Motel .Good luck

24. and for folks who are asking - yes, there is RV parking and camping out at the Expo Center grounds again in designated areas. No hookups, elecricity or water are provided. Restroom facilities are available, but no showers.

Please remember, the Travis County Fire Marshal does not allow campfires or open ground fires of any kind on the grounds.

25. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If I sale my house,I'll be there and the first round is on me!!!

26. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

If I sell my house I might be able to afford one of those hotels El Jefe posted. haha.

We have to bust ass but we should have a few cars from the St. Louis area coming down with us and hopefully one from Michigan.

27. ratster

ratster

is that $575.00 for one night? don't have anything on the cheap? like $39.95 a night

28. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Can't wait guys!!! Thanks for all the hard work.

29. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Just a plug on the camping at the Expo center grounds. I was one of three groups who took advantage of camping out in the dirt area on the north side. There was a tiny bit of noise from the power plant in the distance but you could see the stars out there. I will most likely be camped out there again this year. It was very cool to get up early to look at some of the cars who had spent the night on the grounds.
    ................[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    .....................[​IMG]

30. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

I can't wait...