Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show Us Ya Motor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodGuy1932, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Plan9MaxWedge

Plan9MaxWedge
    from Tipp City

2. Thought you guys would like another few pics of "RatBastad". Pic was taken at the little town of Bright in Victoria Australia in 2007. I was rolling with the "Cherry Bombers" which have since grown to about 20 members. Enjoying these kick arse motors man there are some big motors here and some really interesting ones to. Keep it up guys.:)

I have wanting to paint my five window this color for years now i have seen it on this 32 looks good. Just got to get the mix right so many blues it gets confussing. Wouldn't want to help me out with the color"Rat Bastad":):)

Attached Files:

3. Hi Guys,

This one is my mates at the bright rod run in 2007.

And a sled pic is a ring in just thought you guys would like to see what some Aussies are doing down under. Metal finished and then clear coated note the pin striping on the front very suttle.:D

Attached Files:

4. Beautiful, "simply" beautiful, lotsa nice odd motors shown so far.Peace,,,Moosie :)

5. tmacracin

tmacracin

Here is my 355ci SBC for my 28 pickup and my 470ci BBC out of my altered

Attached Files:

6. Hey Wingnutz nothing boring about Olds power,especially dual quad equipped in a roadster! 455 olds has a longer stroke than a 454 Chevy, all that torque no way you can keep tires on that rod! WAY cool!

7. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

216 baby!

Attached Files:

8. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Then my 454

Attached Files:

• 454.jpg
      454.jpg
      File size:
      101.3 KB
      Views:
  9. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

My latest motor literally made from pieces parts laying around the garage and hemi "junk" I have scavenged over the years. 9.66 @ 137 - which I am thrilled with considering what it is.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  10. 1951 Plymouth 218

[​IMG]

BloodyKnuckles

11. Sweats

Sweats

fresh from the machine shop on Monday!..droppin her in tomorrow!

Attached Files:

12. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Boss 351 Cleveland in my shop truck. Merc Flatty thats in my little '23 roadster truck.

Later,
    Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

Attached Files:

13. '60 tripower 348 chebbie. Goes like stink!

Attached Files:

14. tmacracin

tmacracin

Looks good! What are the specs?

15. It ain't much yet...goes in my 34, 5 window..

Attached Files:

16. Thunder Road

Thunder Road

Here's mine- '36 block, 3/4 cam, bored .060, aluminum flywheel, 2 dueces on a Fenton intake and Eddie Meyer heads.
    [​IMG]

17. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Thanks, The motor is near stock - just a few small upgrades for durability. .030" over 392 - stock crank - stock rods (ARP rod bolts) - 10:1 cast pistons - stock oil pump I blueprinted and slightly modified - integral pickup and dropped down. Stock 331 heads - other than I cut them for bigger springs and I step drilled the pushrod holes for 3/8" pushrods. Stock valves - no porting - no polishing - no gasket matching . I did remove the combustion chamber "edge chamfer" making these resemble 392 heads (a mod I would have rather NOT done but they'd hit the pistons otherwise). Smith Brothers moly pushrods - vintage set of Gotha rockers. Mild Hydraulic Cam - stock timing chain that I adapted to run the hilborn pump using a chevy drive spud. Bottom end girdle that I bought 20 years ago for scrap - it's definitely not needed on this motor, but I was planning ahead and fitted it now rather than later. I did fab the pan and windage tray as well as adapted a tilton starter. Vertex mag - hilborn injector - both Ebay/Internet items. I rebuilt the hilborn injector and pump - I aksed lots of questions as this was all new to me. Matter of fact I purposefully built this motor on the mild side as this was my first Front Engine Dragster. TCI Powerglide (Ebay) and 3500 converter. 9" rear I built from all Strange pieces less the pinion support - a somewhat rare 4 bearing support - makes a daytona support look like a weakling. 3.89 Pro gear - wilwood brakes -Twin Simpson air brake. I digress.....:eek:

EDIT: The NEXT motor I will get a little more serious with - eventually stuffing a 6:71 on, but for now - we've got our hands full learning with this one!

18. tmacracin

tmacracin

HemiRambler
    Sounds like a good setup.I'm just in the middle of building a blown 392 for a friend I will have some more info and pictures of it soon

19. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

Been on here before, my Merc flathead motor:

[​IMG]

20. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

DeathsDoorSteps Motivation........392 Hemi .060'' over......11-1 Ross Forged pistons, BillMiller Aluminum Rods, fully balanced assembly, Solid Isky Stick/Solid Lifters.......good oiling system...Nicson front Timing cover/ Mount.....354 Heads w/ Aluminum Valve Covers, ''O'' Ringed w/ copper head gaskets, ADJ. Rockers, 2 1/16'' Intake and 2 1/16 Exhaust Valves, Ported just like the old Mondello's w/ heat risers welded plus and handful of more tricks done to them......DragStar 6X2 Intake ported to match the Heads w/ Six 94 Carbs on top...I blue printed each carb and severly violated them, they flow plenty...All fire and noise is stired up by a MSD Dizzy......My rule of thumb to building a Early Hemi is.....once your done.....its first name should not end up being Nancy....................Littleman

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Ontario55

Ontario55

Blown 355 Cu in

Attached Files:

22. B/B Ford

B/B Ford

1970 Lincoln 460

[​IMG]

23. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

The engine in my 65.

[​IMG]

24. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

302 Ford in my '54 Customline:cool:

Attached Files:

25. krazydeuce

krazydeuce
    from Hawaii

327 chevy w/little helpers.......:D:D:D

Attached Files:

26. 35 Dodge Hot Rod

35 Dodge Hot Rod
    from Mecca

The engine on the left is a 60's 318 Poly with my 6-71 blower setup mocked up on it. It'll eventually take the place of my factory 1957 dual quad 318 Poly on the right in my 1935 Dodge pickup.
    [​IMG]

27. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

496ci, 4.15" stroke crank, H-beam rods, 10.5:1cr Diamond pistons, balanced assembly, Edelbrock heads, long ram intakes, solid lifters (soon roller), 1.6 rockers, dual 625 Carter carbs...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm also building a '57-392, bored .020" over.
    Will receive a Weiand dual quad intake, stock internals 'cept for a 2 steps 'bigger' than stock cam.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Currently at the machine shop is another 4.15" stroke 496" block. It's being bored, decked, balanced and linebored&honed. 9.2:1cr dished Ross pistons, H-beam rods, 0.120" Cometic gaskets, Indy 440-1 heads, 0.630" Roller cam.
    This engine will be topped off with a 8/71 Kuhl supercharger...

Temp mock up pic;
    [​IMG]

28. Ice man

Ice man

This is my B ready to go in the 29. Running a T-5 trany and open drive to a Model A rear.

Attached Files: