Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone heard of Insanecustoms, in Gardnerville Nevada?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DirtyThirty, Nov 25, 2008.

1. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Moderators...Please feel free to delete my other post regarding this subject, as I worded the title in an inadvantageous fashion...hopefully this will be a better worm for the hook I'm casting...
    Sorry...too many Corona's tonight.

Hey folks...
    Maybe you can help me, or someone can vouch for this guy, and his ethics.
    I am considering buying a '58 Ranchero from a fellow by the name of Bob, who owns/runs ( ?) Insanecustoms in Gardnerville Nevada.

Its a sight unseen deal, but the pix look good, and I am SICK of buying east coast Iron Oxide. I am just leary of these deals, 'cuz I didn't just fall of the turnip wagon yesterday...

There are WAY too many shadies out there, so if anyone on here can give me a realtime example of a deal with these folks, or if anyone has even seen the car ( Nevada guys ) in person, I'd love to here about your experience....not looking for bad-mouthing, or hes a saint, really just concerned that there actually IS a car, and it IS in Nevada...

Website is: Insanecustoms.biz

Thanks,
    Mark.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

2. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

3. Degreaser

Degreaser

Cmon now. There has to be someone out there.

4. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

hmmmm , i have a friend that lives there . ill try to find out ........... steve

5. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Cool...thanks!
    I appreciate any info anyone has...

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Maybe one of the NV HAMB'ers could go take a look. :rolleyes: That worked real good for me when I bought my Internaional...

7. JAWS

JAWS

I'm gonna be in Reno all the rest of this weekend. Post the address for these fellas and I'll do my best to get down there. If nothing else, I'll at least check with some locals here that I know. I am from this area, so findin' out ain't gonna be too hard. Will this give you enough time, or is it and Ebay auction that is ending before I get the shot?

Brant

8. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

ok i talked to my friend . this is what he said :
    Hey Steve,
    I don't know much about this guy, I have been by there and talked to him a long time ago he lease's that building from a friend of mine. He has been there for awhile.
    Gary
    this is from "gary stoffer" , crew chief & husband to "karen stoffer" of pro stock motorcycle fame ! he tells the truth , so take it for what its worth . i think that since hes been there so long , cant be all that bad . just cover thy butt !! .. thx .. steve​

9. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

i dont know how the "grenade inspector" got on my avatar , but i did not do it ! sorry for the mistake ................ steve

10. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

how do i get the "gernade inspector" off my avatar ?????? i did not steal it !!
    confused ......... steve

11. The grenade inspector is added automatically it just signifies the number of posts you have made. I think you are a FNG until 100 then a Grenade Inspector etc. It will continue to change as you have more posts. You didn't steal it any one that is not a Alliance member and has a certain number of post will be a grenade inspector.

12. Bottomedout39

Bottomedout39
    from Reno NV

Never heard of it

13. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

wow . thank you . i thought somehow i stole the wording ! just didnt want to offend anyone . thank you much .. steve
    **** i hope my post helped the person on gardnerville shop !

14. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Hey guys...thanks for all the help, and if anyone ever needs the same out here in the East, I'll gladly oblige.
    I have done as much research as I can, and so far it seems legit.
    I have lots of documentation, copies of the title, specific pics ( ones I asked for...) and a contact person at the shippers, so I feel a little better,,,it seems to check out.

No Ebay deal, just person to person, so I was kind of uncomfortable with no digital trail, ya know?

Its 1215 Service Dr., if anyone happens by...and once again: Thanks All!
    If I can ever help out...just ask.

15. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Gardnerville is between Las Vegas and the Utah border. Not too far for me if you still need it looked at. I can run out there this weekend, but I'd need you to provide me with the guy's phone number so I can set up a time that works. If you're already 'good to go' then congratulations on your purchase.

dj

(702) 480 6235

16. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

When did they move it? Last time I was there is was south of Reno near Lake Tahoe.

(325)