Register now to get rid of these ads!

'29 Model A Running after 42 years!! Tribute to my Grandfather for Fathers Day!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29Coupe, Jun 15, 2008.

1. 29Coupe

29Coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks! I hope to find more pictures.

-Jeremy

2. gas pumper

gas pumper

Jeremy, What a great story.
    And to put the prices in perspective, you said he paid 350 for that, right? Well That's a lot of coin back in the mid 60's. In 1967 I bought my first car and scraped together 35 bucks to get a rust bucket wore out 58 Chevy Delray car, 2 dr post, but a 2bbl 283, PG. I'd never coulda went 350 for anything. The same year I did pass up a restored 29 A closed cab pickup, just finished with a bed full of extra engines and trans and parts, for 700.

Frank

3. 29Coupe

29Coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Frank,

Thanks. I've been thinking the same thing...$350 was allot of money back then.
    When gramps bought the car, everything had been freshly chromed. Complete Front & Rear Suspensions, All the window frames, dash, etc... and the 4-banger was built, painted, etc...
    I don't know the story on the car, but maybe the guy he bought it off of was making a show-car out of it??? It just seemed like a lot of chrome for a driver???
    And someone updated it to '40 Ford juice brakes.

-Jeremy

4. Congrats dude,that is so cool,and the history of the car is just as awesome as what you did for your ol' man

5. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

I remember ready this story! VERY Cool!! don't have anything like that w/ my dad. Make sure you enjoy it, not everyone gets it! Glad to have have you on my friend list and thanks for diggin my project.

Keep after me over the next few months, I have a lot to do to make it to the Lone Star round up this April...

6. 29Coupe

29Coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks 29Jay!!

For anyone who's interested, we've re-designed the website with all the pics of the build.
    Check out the updated page here:
    http://www.taylorstreetrods.com/currentprojects/1929fordmodelacoupe.html

Thanks!
    Jeremy

7. 29Coupe

29Coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just put this video together of the Coupe. Sort of a time-line of pictures.
    (youtube has removed the music I had. So it is silent, for now...)

-Jeremy

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fCMW6CnD5u8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fCMW6CnD5u8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

8. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Way to go! You are a good son,I'm sure your Dad is very proud of you.I hope you have a son to pass the coup on to one day.In the mean time drive the wheels off of it!!

9. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

My son and I got my panel truck running after 45 years, can't beat the feeling after the first drive!! congratulations!!! Chris

10. Pete1930

Pete1930
    from Boston

That is very, very cool!! Great job. I had my Dad turn the key to my flathead for the very first time, and got it all on video. It was a great day with my car and my Dad. :)

Pete

11. 29Coupe

29Coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Decided to try my hand at scalloping.
    Thought it came out pretty good for my first attempt. Inspiration came from Ed Roth's Lil' Jewel.

[​IMG]

12. 29Coupe

29Coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

More pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ