Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rochester carbs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ice man, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Ice man

Ice man

OK guys, got a Rochester 2 barrel carb that needs rejetted. No one here has any thing smaller in drill size then 1/16. My jets are 49s and need to go smaller, 32-35 would be ideal. Who sells them. Any help would be great. Iceman

2. the SCROUNGER

the SCROUNGER
    from USA

go to a hardware store and buy a torch cleaning tip drill set- it's a hand drill in a little aluminum tube, with various bits inside the tube- that's what I use to drill out passages in carburetors- it only costs around $10- the tube is also the chuck for the drill bits

3. oj

oj

I get them from an industrial supplier, if you don't have access to McMaster-Carr or somebody like that i'll send you some. Just PM me.

4. TMcCrea

TMcCrea
    from Maryland

5. Silver solder the hole closed, drill with number drill size you want.
    Use liquid or paste flux.

Old trick.

Seems like quite a drop in jet size, what is the (single?) carb going on?

6. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Send me your addy in a PM and I'll send you a pair of whatever size you need.

7. Ice man

Ice man

The engine is a 2001 Jeep 25.5 4 banger, (home made Manifold) Using a small series Rochester 2 barrel. All the electronics are gone, the dizzy was reworked by FS Ignition, so its now got mechanical advance, a pick up and a coil, and runs very nice, but the plugs are turning black so its to rich. Thats why I need to down size. Iceman

Attached Files:

8. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Dickster, do you sell the stuff to convert the Rochestors to secondarys?

9. Ice man

Ice man

In reply to C9 I did all that, problem is they ain't no drills here smaller then 1/16, so I ordered several bits from McMaster -Carr, but would be nice to get a ready made set. Its nice here, but it sure ain't paradise, if you are building a rod. I built a 29 roadster in 03 took 1 1/2yrs, but it was a real trip. You can't imagine the shipping. This time i'm using what I got or was given, like the engine and 5 sp.