Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help identifying parts stash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flying tattooed monkeys, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Hey guys, hoping some of you can help out here.
    Looking at buying a parts stash that has, among a whole lot of other stuff, the following parts. Any ideas as far as year or model, much appreciated.

FIRST transmissions and steering columns
    [​IMG]

SECOND A different angle
    [​IMG]

THIRD Transmissions anyone?!?!
    [​IMG]

FOURTH and FIFTH Any idea what year this flatty is?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

SIXTH Headlight - never seen one like this, marker looks almost conical?
    [​IMG]

SEVENTH another trans - there is a bunch of Volvo and Rambler stuff in the stash - is this one of those?
    [​IMG]

EIGHTH The stack of four hubcaps in the rear of the pic. They are marked Airwheel.
    [​IMG]

Any help will be much appreciated. I'm sure some of you guys know what's what here.

Thanks,
    Bret

2. MikeVCU

MikeVCU

I'm no pro, but I think the flatty is post war, 46-48 if im not mistaken...

3. The steering colums look to be Model A's, some of the trans look like '39 Ford toploaders others look like they fit Ford 4 bangers and the flatty is '40s 24 stud. If you get the stash and plan on selling any of it, I need the Desoto hubcap. Thanks, Michael

4. that tranny looks like a volvo but might be bmw going by the gear linkage

5. Roothawg

Roothawg

The top steering column looks to be a 36 pickup, but I can't see the attach points.

6. CheapSheep

CheapSheep

The trans in pic 7 shure looks lika a 4 speed Volvo M45 gearbox, with the Volvo 740 shifter. Also the clutch wire assembly and lever makes me sure it's a volvo. I have one of those geraboxes around here, but mine is the M46, which basically is the same gearbox, but with the "J-type" overdrive unit.

The headlight to the right of the gearbox looks like it's for a Volvo 240 or 740. So does the turn signal/position light just above the headlight.

7. Roadsir

Roadsir

I think that is a really rare Prymaat & Beldar conical headlight. Probably the last one on Earth...Might find another on Remulak.

SIXTH Headlight - never seen one like this, marker looks almost conical?
    [​IMG]

8. Thanks for your help guys, i'm sure when i pick this stuff up and sort through it i'll have some more pics and questions for you.

CHEAP SHEEP - been looking at m45/46/47 transmissions to go behind my 4-banger lately, a-la ARTTIKI's swap http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168654&highlight=tech so this should do nicely!!

BIG O - The DeSoto cap is yours - but it will be 10 days before i pick this stuff up, so bear with me!

NUROADSIR - Consume mass quantities!!!!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  9. Ratty55

Ratty55
    from Frohna,MO

the tranny in the foreground of the first pic is a 50's-60's GM 3 speed. The green trans in the first pic with the long tail shaft is caddy/lasalle right (not sure)???

10. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

No, not a Cad/LaSalle; it looks like a '49-'50 Mercury transmission. The trans behind the '55-'57 Chevy three speed (above and to the left in the picture) looks like a six bolt top cove selector transmission from a '40s-'50s Buick.

11. Alright, after an epic 18 hour drive that took me around the south of Norway that involved driving through a blizzard, torrential rain, dodging moose and getting a little freaked out driving across a snow-covered, moonlit plateau while listening to a CD full of didgeridoo tracks (spooky shit, let me tell ya!:eek::eek:).....
    I finally have the parts safe at home!

NOW, I'm calling on all the wisdom of the HAMB to identify this stuff....

[​IMG]
    Bosch Germany in script on the lens. 7 inch diameter, 8 inches long.

[​IMG]
    Both these lights have Bosch in script, not text on the lens. Light on left, 6 inches long, 9 inches diameter,
    Light on the right, 5.5 nches long, 8 inches diameter.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Caps stamped with "F" 11" diameter, small cap 8" diameter
    [​IMG]
    Chev caps 10" diameter, the small winged cap is 8" in diameter
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    De Soto for BigO, small Ford cap 8" diameter
    [​IMG]
    Bosch script on lens, approx 11" long, 8" diameter with 6" lens, ribbed trim rings, three riveted bands on stands
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Bosch script on lens, 9" diameter with 7" lens, approx 9" long. oval marker light on stands

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  12. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Volvo Tranny Yes.

[​IMG]

13. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Ford 41-42 heavy truck Lights
    [​IMG]

14. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Saginaw Gear 38" shaft, tapered end. Pitman arm has a large C stamped int he middle, followed by 505251GM3. Box has raised Saginaw Gear, 263587 6

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Another Saginaw box

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ROSS gearbox. Stamped ROSS T225999 on cover plate, TA142997 on edge of case. 0.75" diameter, 39" to splines

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Cam GearsLTD on side of case. 54" shaft length. Raised CE75 on the box

(Below) Ford truck maybe?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

GM 1289595-1 on top-plate
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The one closest to the camera below has a raised Chev logo
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trans by GM, tasteful rubber glove, my own design....
    [​IMG]

Ford auto maybe?
    [​IMG]

Any help identifying this stuff would be greatly appreciated guys

16. Yes Mr.42, definitely Volvo trans. Thanks for the tip on the lights.

17. The caps with the F in the center are '51 Ford car.

18. FASI

FASI

I would be interested in the Airwheel hubcaps. Keith

19. Thanks for the tip 38Fordpickup.

Fasi, PM sent.

Should also say the flattie is a 59AB, with a single 94 sitting on it. I'll find the serial number and try and track down what year it mght be.

Thanks guys.

Anyone else who can help out here?

20. Andy

Andy

The trans with the rubber glove is 55-57 Chevy. The row of top shifter trans, The Ford on the left end looks like a 37-40 V8 60

21. And still i'm unpacking boxes.....!

I'm told this is a Mopar radio - looks 60's-ish? anyone?
    [​IMG]

The trans in front is pretty distinctive - any ideas?
    [​IMG]

Too many carbs in your diet? There's 4 more boxes like this! Lot's of Solex, a couple of Holleys, 3 94's so far, plenty of Carter W-series, the odd Weber......
    [​IMG]

Starters, distributors, alternators....Bosch, Remy-Delco, Lucas, lots from Ma Chrysler....
    [​IMG]

Again, any help identifying this stuff is very much appreciated!

22. CheapSheep

CheapSheep

[​IMG]

In the closest box, in the top-left corner, my brother and I guess it's a Zenith Solex INAT (my brother had one). They were mounted on some BMW, Mercedes Benz and Opel, e.g. the Opel/Vauxhall 1900-engines.

23. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Could be wrong but I think the 8" small Ford hubcap could be from a Popular or Anglia 1948-54

[​IMG]

24. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Thats a chivvy steering, '31 or after. A couple of the steering gear boxes you have are also in that era.