Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why do T-buckets get no respect?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xlr8, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOVE it. A terrific looking T!

[​IMG]

2. Alfster

Alfster

Or, dare I say it, 32 Fords

3. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

That T on the beach is beautiful. I never really liked T-buckets, but I really like that one. I'd drive it in a heartbeat.

4. Tomcat65

Tomcat65
    from Stockholm

Well I just love T buckets ,my first build was a T roadster I was 17 when i started out from scratch , the best thing I ever done !!
    they are kind of poor mans hot rods just like it should be ,just basic pure fun, and why has everyone like to look like they were built in the 60s ? and who says even though it looks kitchy why do some of you assume they didnt build it from scratch them selves ?

dont get me wrong I love that 50-60s more than anyting but I also really dig the 70s Far out kind of builds mainly because I grew up with Pop Hrodding mags full of them :)

so called "goldchainer" cars (dont like that term either btw)are more the pastell colored billet Coddington type 32-34 type cars imo I really cant see how one can compare that to a T bucket,, bling or no bling

5. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

+ 69
    -----
    :eek:

Fiberglas was a Owens Corning invention just pre-war, 1938..used for insulation...soo...

Dam..you got it right close..70 years..just the math part..:rolleyes:

6. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Now that's fricken sweet...!

7. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

It seems the same people that bad mouth t-buckets are the same ones that will give a guy crap for having a 4 door car cause to them, everything HAS to be a two door coupe and when you ask what they have, they're either at the show with a buddy that drove them there or are "working" on a car that's been sitting in their garden for the last 10 years.

8. My buddy built this '27 back in 2003

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once you get in it's a pretty comfortable fit, seat sets low, and what I like about it as compared to the early T is that you set under the cowl instead of behind it. He sold it before he passed away and I think it's for sale now out in the DFW area, cool little flattie with 3spd tranny.

9. Is this one different, enought for you !

I built this for my oldest son, about twenty years ago

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. reverb2000

reverb2000
    from Houston TX

this may be a stupid question, but is there a reason the wheelbase is so short..I always envision the rear axle being further back..and maybe the front between axle and engine a little further apart...I know this wouldnt be a trad T but just thinking about proportions.

11. my old T...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Steve Napier's T....all 570ci of it!!! and yeah he tows a trailer!

[​IMG]

both cars from England

and a perfect fully fendered T!!.....from the US

[​IMG]

12. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Dumb question time... what IS a T-bucket? Norm's Kookie T? The 60's fad T? The reason I ask is that many of the cars on this thread have T roadster bodies but they have no beds or turtle decks. To me, many of these are more like "modifieds" and not what I think of as T-buckets. Just wondering... Gary

13. Daisyduke

Daisyduke

14. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

is that your trailer? been trying to figure out who made those tiny ones.

15. t-buckethead

t-buckethead
    from texas

this was mine and my dads.and about 60 buckets on the main street in TOMBSTONE AZ.

Attached Files:

16. From reading this thread, it appears to me that there is a lot of confusion as to just exactly a T Bucket is. This confusion may be on my part, but I believe most HAMBers would agree with me. The stereotypical T Bucket to me has a high windshield, a T grill, big fat back tires, sprint style exhaust, are over aspirated, have the steering column at an almost vertical angle, etc.

There is a big difference in a T Bucket some of the neat T's whose pictures are posted in this thread.

17. ratster

ratster

look at the HAMB sign at McDs

18. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

That's a cool little car you have there. ;)

19. Tomcat65

Tomcat65
    from Stockholm

I like this one a lot , very sweet !

20. 'cause they look like rolling juke boxes.

21. what's that you say?

[​IMG]

22. stagernwings

stagernwings
    from tx

I agree with the kit car point , it put a damper on the teez .that said i like um . one thing the first hot rod point is off a dozen years or more. also many hambers wont look at glass cars or cars with a modern 350 engine o well thats life .c

23. hahahaha now thats funny

24. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

I can't believe this thread keeps getting recycled, lol. But I do appreciate all the replies and cool pics that have been posted on it.

25. Like it or not fellas, the FIBERGLASS T Bucket IS part of traditional hot rodding. They've been on the scene for damn near 50 years and like it or not they are woven into the fabric of hot rodding. Yes many of them are completely tacky and over the top, but then again there are alot of shitty looking, street rodded real steel '32 and '40 Fords around also. Steel may be real, but shit, most everything Ed Roth ever touched was fiberglass or sometimes even worse, like plaster. Are his cars not to be considered real???

26. Lstude

Lstude

I think this girl is respecting this one!

Attached Files:

27. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

Anyone have any details on this t? so what I am looking to build

28. Timmy Z

Timmy Z

Well said....:p

29. firingorder1

firingorder1

Ivo and Grabowski got it right. Very few after that.

30. vertible59

vertible59

Spotted a yellow one sitting in front of a body shop today. Was very simply done and was running spun MOON discs, which added to eye appeal for me. The car sat low, for a T-bucket, and had more body-color paint than chrome. You could do something a little different too, plus run something, anything, other than a "belly button motor" and gain a bunch of respect for your ride. Just my 2c...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.