Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why do T-buckets get no respect?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xlr8, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Let me start by saying that I'm only 25 and even though I'd love to have a period correct, traditional Model A or Deuce, that dream is unrealistic for me right now. First off, I don't have the money and secondly I don't have the talent or the skill to build one from the ground up. What I can do/am doing as we speak is build myself a cool, traditional styled T. In my eyes, it will be cool and that's all that matters. For the next few years I will drive the piss out of it with a smile on my face no matter where I go. Too many people get too worked up over what is "right". Hell...enjoy and be thankful for what you have and be glad that someone else is into rodding instead of playing golf!

Lookin' forward to that first drive behind the wheel of my T!

2. BianchiCorp

BianchiCorp
    from East coast

Allot of the t buckets through the 70's and 80's became kit cars making the collection of parts on the car nothing really to look at, Mostly 4bbl small blocks with the main difference being in tasteless accessories.

however this one is not!

RB Jr.

Attached Files:

3. blownt

blownt

who gets the thumbs up, looks and attention when you see a 32 coupe, 29 Sedan, 40 fat fender and a T Bucket cruisin down the road????

I'll give ya a hint. It ain't the first 3. To most people the first 3 are just vehicles. The T bucket is what is noisy, wild and gets the attention. Believe me, I see it all the time at cruisin with the other rodders in the area.

Sorry to bust your bubble.

BT

AHotRod likes this.

4. i think the roth analogy doesnt fly since he hand shaped his bodies.

5. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

I was in Berkley once and there was a black guy riding a ten speed
    bike down the middle of the street. he got a lot of attention too.
    Oh ya he was naked.
    If the only thing good about your car is how much attention it gets maybe you should ride a ten speed naked.
    Just make sure I am not around.

The thing I don't like about "T-Buckets" is they have nothing to offer but shock value.

6. autobilly

autobilly

Jeffrey, I really dig your T. I'd love to have been in the position to buy it. It's a good example of how kool a T can be!

7. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

"Why do T-buckets get no respect?"

Jealousy.

Blownt hit the nail on the head.

8. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

Just say "Fuck it!" and build yourself a bucket!

If I find one cheap, I am getting it!

9. 38plymouth

38plymouth

What makes you think they get no respect.... respect & admiration are two different things. Most people respect old tin but that don't mean they gotta start drooling over them.

I mean no disrespect when I say I don't admire them, they remind me of a bathtub on wheels.

10. 567trishop

567trishop
    from Australia

In most states in Australia you cant them on rego any more, because they over power and under braked and there would be a heap of rules this car breaks. This is the first time I have ever driven one, I took it to a rod run in Australia on whats called a 'trade plate' (rego) got in to trouble by the ASAF and now all cars have to be on rego (no trade plate or permits) to enter a rod run. Still its one of the best fun I had driving around. I like them. You guys in the USA are lucky you didn't have such soft rules like we do in Australia.

Attached Files:

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks guys and I am sorta glad that you were not in a position to buy it.:D

12. 32fordpickup

32fordpickup
    from ohio

I think you like what you like .here are two of mine.

Attached Files:

13. autobilly

autobilly

On the other hand, this T is a good example of how un-kool a T can be.
    Abomination! It's T's like this that answer the question posed in the title.

14. Tomcat65

Tomcat65
    from Stockholm

hmm well but its still glass,, and not hand shaped metal :p :D
    i think he did it because it was cheap simple and easy ,
    I know he was also a big fan of V dub engines, and other small engines
    kind of contradicts a lot of puritan thinking a lot of "new age" rodders employ
    I say I am a big fan of his work and find it weird in just the right way

:)

15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

This one has all of my respect.

[​IMG]

16. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Mine too. Perfect example of how cool they can be.

17. autobilly

autobilly

And all of my desire!

18. I allways thought the one in the movie The Choppers was damn nice, it comes in about 1:50 in this video, maybe Ivo's car.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G1QeBVJSoCQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G1QeBVJSoCQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

19. floored

floored

There are only a few car's that I think are perfect, and this is one. Now Mister Shifter can we get some details.

20. Those gold chainers, what are they thinking driving those stupid little buckets around?
    [​IMG]

21. blownt

blownt

"I was in Berkley once and there was a black guy riding a ten speed bike down the middle of the street. he got a lot of attention too.
    Oh ya he was naked.
    If the only thing good about your car is how much attention it gets maybe you should ride a ten speed naked.
    Just make sure I am not around.

The thing I don't like about "T-Buckets" is they have nothing to offer but shock value."

sounds like somebodys pissed cause he lost out on a trophy to a lowlyass bucket. Life's a bitch ain't it. When it rains or is cold, I can drive the 29 sedan. Not as much looks or as fast as the bucket but more room and a roof.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

22. gas pumper

gas pumper

"Those gold chainers, what are they thinking driving those stupid little buckets around?"

They lost sight of the basic hot rod theories...

Form follows function, less is more.

I quess the guys who ride in the pickup truck to the cruise night, then unload the bucket from the trailer a block away are having fun???

23. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

No kidding, I gotta tell you I love your car. I've been helping a friend of mine put together his first hot rod (a 23 T build found here) and I refer to this pic of your T quite often. + 1 for the details/history? Just perfect.

24. Yup, totally agree.

Nothing wrong with a T-Bucket at all. I hate to use the term "gold chainer", but that's what the T-Bucket has become in terms of over the top bigs and littles, excessive everything from motor to chrome/brass, to accessories, etc...

Keep it simple. 50's inspired T-buckets are the bomb. I use this example again. :cool:

[​IMG]

25. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

26. This one looks about right as well

[​IMG]

27. Who's car is this and where do we find more pics, just gorgeous.

[​IMG]

28. crashbox

crashbox

T-buckets are B.S.? Is that why Andy Brizio won AMBR with one of his "Instant Ts"? I guess some of you think the Grand National Roadster Show is B.S. also. Build what you want, don't let a bunch of Not Rodders/lurkers tell you what to build.

29. tjm73

tjm73

This is one of my favorites. Belongs to a HAMB members father.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  30. blownt

blownt

yeap Don's bucket is NICE !!!!!!!!! And good lookin babes always want a ride in one.

BT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.