Register now to get rid of these ads!

MoonEyes USA, anyone had problems?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DocWatson, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Aussies don't have an accent, everyone else does!

2. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That has actually been scientifically proven! Supposedly out dialect is so flat and devoid of inflection it is considered to be less of an accent than any other English speaking country, including England!! Go figure!

3. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

so,...to summarize....you work 'too much' to PICK UP A DAMN PHONE, but have time to make 10 posts on here EVERY DAY????
    I guess you don't have time to build the car you "URGENTLY NEED" these parts for????? Show us the pix of your nearly completed project that is being held up by the delayed delivery from this supplier.
    Oh....wait,....you're too busy with work to take any pix??????

4. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

Fair suck of the sav Doc. Are you talkin' sheet mate or what dingo! :eek:

What about your footy commentators? Devoid of inflection? Hahahaha:D

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I work when the US works, and get home when the US is sleeping. I can post in that time, cant call someone thats not there hey? Its funny you know, but I dont need the US awake to work on my car either. fool.

Leave my job long enough, not likely (But oh how I wish!), and besides I cant use a govt phone and I and we are not permitted to have mobiles at work.

Next time one of your loved ones is in emergency, I think the team should just nip out to make a call.

Rusty, fair dinks mate, wouldn't lead you up the garden path, only a dingo or galah would do that! It was an US mob that did the study!
    Oh, wait, it seems I am a dingo...... hehe,
    Doc.

6. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Ummmm....last time I called Japan, they were 1 hour behind us (2 hours in daylight savings).

No pix?

7. fat141

fat141

WE DONT HAVE AN ACCENT???? YOURE FN JOKING AREN'T YOU ??
    THE ACCENTS ARE DIFFERENT IN QLD ,SOUTH AUS, MELBOURNE AND THE TOP END :rolleyes::rolleyes:

8. fat141

fat141

Mate my post is twelve minutes after yours and its 8.45 pm NSW time, are you on a break?

9. we here in the west obviously not worthy of a mention?:D:rolleyes::D

10. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No, I havent started yet.

11. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

12. fat141

fat141

So sorry, the only bloke I know in the beautiful west is a Kiwi, Rob RATTRAY.Cheers:):)

13. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

There's a noticeable difference in accents,inflections and statements within a 20 mile line here in the Appalachians....
    Surely any job should allow for rest breaks or lunch time? A good family friend is an anesthesiologist who works mega shifts and gets 'rest' breaks to check in.

Good luck on your project.

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OK, so I managed to get out for a bit to call. Whaddya know, cant call outside of the country on my mobile plan! Fuggit.
    I dont have a home phone either so I hope they answer my e-mails.
    Doc.

15. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

If it's the Rattray family I know they're all car people to the core!:cool:

16. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Exactly what I want to know! I don't WANT to offer high volume knockoff crap... I just want to know where the "niche" manufacturers are. Seems most companies build revenue with large volume and if an item's projected demand is too low, it doesn't get made. That doesn't mean there isn't demand from the end user, just not enough to support a large distribution network.
    Who's making the cool (low volume) stuff and needs the marketing to get it in the public's hands? :confused:

17. Nobody because then everyone would be on here bitching about what a rip off the stuff is because the guys making it would have to charge a fortune to make a living selling it. It is like everything else in society and where this thread has veered off to. Everyone wants everything cheap, fast and high quality but those three things don't equate to making money which is why people are in business.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  18. 5window

5window

The bottom line #1-Doc ordered a product and paid for it and he has been not reliably communicated with by those folks who took his money, did not ship their product and don't answer their correspondence. This is not good business and it's poor treatment of a fellow hotrodder. Nothing else is relevant ,including my bottom line #2: "Mark in Japan" is being a jerk.

19. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Still no pix on Doc's project ???????

Hey 5-Window, Maybe Doc could PM the details of his transaction to you (or me) and we could make a call for him????

Or maybe you could email them yourself, independantly, and post on here how long it takes to get a response?????????

I'm just saying, that if he really WANTED to get this SOLVED, there are more useful ways to harness the power of the HAMB!

Its hard to help a guy when he won't help hisself.
    Couldn't find a time or place to make one phone call in three months.....pur-lease!
    Couldn't get one of his HAMB brothers to physically walk into the shop and ask?
    Couldn't just cancel his order and buy from someone else?????

Show us the PIX of your project!!!!!!!!!!

20. Flatattack

Flatattack

Yeah Doc, show us where your fuzzy dice are goin to be hangin!!!:D

21. Fenders

Fenders

Hey Mooneyes, you've fucked everyone else, I'm waiting for you to fuck me

22. Geez, Mark in Japan, takin' it a little personal aint ya? Are you married to Dean Moon's daughter or somethin?

Fact is, seems like 80% of the guys posting on this thread had a bad experience. That's good enough for me not to ever risk doing business with them. I appreciate guys giving me a heads up.

23. pickupman55

pickupman55

I ordered their vintage 1/2 sweep tach. After waiting 2 weeks and not having it show up at my door, I called. I was told that they were waiting for a container to arrive. I gave them 2 more weeks and didnt see anything so I stopped the order and bought a Autometer tach.

24. 567trishop

567trishop
    from Australia

yep.

25. poorboy

poorboy

haha

26. 5window

5window

Seems pretty clear that those of us here in the US are concerned about Mooneyes' "customer service" and "quality" while the men Down Under have something going on amongst themselves. That's fine by me even tho' it seems to be an inside joke.

Bottom line, I've seen Moon stuff at their car show booths and it's not that impressive,while their reported response to customers is even less impressive. I'll take that as an opportunity to shop elsewhere.

Oh, and if I were a hot rod parts supplier/manufacturer and was really interested in it, you'd bet I'd be trolling the HAMB and any other site with that many members and using every opportunity to make sure my business was well thought of. The fact that they're not-well, draw your own conclusion.

27. Flatattack

Flatattack

Doc's not an inside joke, I always thought he was on the outside:eek:

All Docs aside, I agree that they should show that they give a shit by responding to all of these accusations. Seemed to work for Coker.

28. been loads of problems getting stuff sent over here from Mooneyes....wouldn't order stuff from them over the web again......one guy even had stuff sent that was obviously a "return" from some place else!!

The last stuff I bought direct, I was at the shop and got because it was so cheap compared to buying over here.....like nearly half price!!

29. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I dunno Mark and Flatattack seem to have there own agenda. No one is going to see my car before its done. Simple.
    Muttley is contacting Moon for me, so yup, once again I did nothing to help myself, I must have been too busy at work helping others. Selfish me.
    Doc.