Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration OT....."How cool is your mailbox".....?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Sep 13, 2008.

1. BadLuck

BadLuck

Not mine...but cool...:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wow you got me beat Royal. That thing is the shizz. My mail box blows ass cause all it brings me is junk mail and a shit load of BILLS >>>>.

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Yes sir, I have to give credit to Mr. Davenport because he made and has had this box for years in front of his house on my street and it was somewhat famous because the locals loved it, as a matter of fact when people would come and visit me they would stop there first because of the mailbox. I told him please put my name on it if you ever want to get rid of it, so when his house went up for sale Ladyshifter asked if she could buy it for my birthday and low and behold there it is now. I am a happy man. :D

4. Mine's only cool when The Rodder's Journal shows up.

5. I don't have a cool mailbox to offer but I do have a good mailbox story...A friend of mine builds some very powerful Ford FE-series engines for Rodders, Cobra and GT 40 replica builders, Pantera owners and even some offshore powerboat racers as well; he decided to use some FE-series parts to solve a mailbox problem he was having.

Over the years he was getting sick and tired of the local hoodlums constantly running over his mailbox in the middle of the night...So one day he welded 4 FE crankshafts together end-to-end and buried his newly-created mailbox post in the ground up to about half of the new length....he figured the webs and the counterweights would do wonders to hold it sturdy in the ground...he was right. A few nights after he installed his new mega FE-mailbox-post, he heard the incredible crunching sound of sheetmetal meeting crankshaft with vicious force...the next day for some mysterious reason there was all sorts of broken and twisted automotive parts scattered all around his new mailbox post...and he never lost another mailbox....The End.;)

6. 39 sledge

39 sledge
    from p.a.

i would love to have a cool mailbox like that but there are to many hoodlums around here.:mad:

7. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I saw one made out of plate steel once with a heavy ass iron rod holding it up. i would like to see the hood rats knock one down like that.

8. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

thanks Harpoon,
    [​IMG]

9. Thanks..HOC paint and its true to the flag as well...50...13....looks awesome in the sun:cool:

10. dragsterboy

dragsterboy

Mines up by the house so the kids won't smash it...They'd rather steal my stereo anyway's.

Attached Files:

11. Not mine, belongs to a guy just south of Lubbock

[​IMG]

12. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I have a large aluminum one on the house I recently bought. I want to either polish it or send it to the chrome shop and then have it pinstripped..

13. river1

river1

of course not you're SANTA

later jim

14. cretin

cretin

Here is mine that I made in '02 I think. A friend of mine I went to school with painted it for me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Halfton65

Halfton65

We were having problems with vandalism, so we made a very sturdy mailbox. started out with a metal real estate sign. Kinda like this
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/j-gwill/a8f9bece.jpg

Welded on a steel 8"x8" piece of square pipe (1/4" thick) and fabbed up a door and closed up the back end of the box. Gave the base of the stand 3 horizontal prongs to hold it in place. It's been grazed by a mobile home when the neighbors were moving and still stands. It's not very watertight though; but it rarely rains in Tucson.

It's got some scroll work on the top so it looks kinda fancy.

16. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

We also had a problem with vandalism (kids that have nothing better to do) and we made some out of 14 gauge sheet. They havent been messed with since!

17. Brickster

Brickster

Attached Files:

Flappnfenders likes this.
  18. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

Man that is cool! nice work Brick

19. Cruiser

Cruiser

CRUISER :cool: and I think your mail box is toooooooooooo cool.

Cool McCool

Attached Files:

20. Mopar34

Mopar34

Denise, nice bread box! If you ever decide to put it outside let me know so I can swing buy and pick it up.:D I should be able to get there by 3 am and hopefully it wil still be there. I'll bring my plasma cutter so I won't have to mess it up too much getting it.:D

Where I use to live we had about 10 mail boxes mounted on a 2x10 board mounted on two 12 inch diameter pilings. One night a drunk driver in a Corvette ran off the road and hit the mailboxes. Mail boxes survived but the Vette didn't fair as well. A lot of fiberglass parts were left behind along with one slightly bent chrome bumper (66 blue Stingray). Didn't take the cops long to figure out who hit it as there was only one 66 blue stingray in the county.:eek::D

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  21. Lstude

Lstude

Not mine, but I wouldn't want to put mail in it!

[​IMG]

22. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

My HOA SUXS!!!!

23. BigNick1959

BigNick1959

Here's one I did for a friend.
    [​IMG]

24. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

Diggin this one up from the archives with the box i did for myself early this summer... I got sick of the mail lady folding my magazines in half so i bought one of those bigger boxes. then i had to build a new post. just used a drive shaft and some crap i had laying around. the post is a little rustier these days (by design).

Attached Files:

25. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

And...

Attached Files:

26. I hope that crank was junk, there are a lot of guys with jet boats that would kill for a good 455 crank.:p

27. bigroy

bigroy

heres one i did. a buddy layed out the flames and i did the rest. not bad for a 1st attempt at custom paint

Attached Files:

28. moparforlife

moparforlife
    from Rolla, MO

Here's one for the Mopar guys, although it is slightly OT for this forum. There was a guy selling them online for a while. He also made Challenger, Duster, and Charger themed ones.

Attached Files: