Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mopar C-body leafs on S-10 Chassis

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Abomination, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Abomination

Abomination

Many of you know about, or have seen the "Definitive S-10 Chassis Swap" thread I started on here. I could bump it to the top, but I figured a new post was what this deserved:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3198499

HotRodHabit just posted some kick-ass info over there that I thought y'all should see. Take a mental picture, folks - this info could come in handy someday - it's also the kind of hard-to-find information we've been seeking to gather there:

If anyone else has any other weird or unusual tips for the S-10 chassis, feel free to let us know! It's a cool thread - check it out!

~Jason

2. Abomination

Abomination

And once again, a big thanks to HotRodHabit for the info.

Keep in mind folks, that yes, that's a picture of an S-10, but our main focus at that thread above is more about the S-10 chassis, and how to bolt things to it/modify it than what body's bolted to it, as the undercar is pretty much the same no matter what you mount. :)

~Jason

3. Glad to share man. I guess thats what we're all here for anyway?

I'm about 75% certain that B-body wagon springs might work the same also.

I've never used an S-10 chassis under another body before, but I've done about 7 or 8 S-10 V8 swaps and I know my way around them pretty good.

4. HotRodHabit can you give us a part # a which mopar c body your refering to. got any pic's?

5. Abomination

Abomination

I've got a '66 C-body 'vert in the driveway I'm trying to sell, AND a '66 B-Body wagon! LOL!

~Jason

6. Sorry man, really don't have any part numbers. All I can tell you is that we had a '69 Plymouth Fury coupe sitting around when that S-10 was getting set up, a few pulls of the tape measure, problem solved! (the fury was headed for the scrap yard anyway). I'm no mopar expert, but I believe that all 69'-73' C body 2dr and 4 dr chassis are basically identical, except for the wagons. The wagons seem to always be a little different in the rear.

And about the b-bodies- I noticed that my '66 Plymouth Belvedere wagon leafs measured within a fraction of those '69 C body springs, -but-, my '66 Dodge Coronet 2 dr post springs were shorter.

I'm not much of a part number kind of guy, I'm more of a "lets measure it, if its close we can hit it with a hammer" kind of guy.

7. Abomination

Abomination

You wouldn't still happen to have a line on that '66 Belvy wagon, would you? Is it getting parted? I don't have any of the plastics in the back of my '66 Coronet wagon (like the pieces that cover the inner quarter panels, etc).

~Jason

8. No, I sold the 66 wagon. It was fairly nice street/strip wagon. The dude who bought it had an airplane hangar full of beautiful Max Wedge's, Super Bee's, Road Runners, etc..., said he was just gonna use the wagon for runs to the parts store. Lucky Bastard!!

9. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

On the dirt track cars we use landrum leafs.. "camaro" type ( and s-10 ) are 24" from the front eye to the spring center bolts. " chrysler " type are 19 " from front eye to center bolt. The chrysler springs work better because the shorter front section wraps up less on acceleration. And Yes, they will interchange.
    Dave

10. Abomination

Abomination

Hey, thanks for the info, Dave!

I'll pass it on ot the S-10 crowd in the other thread. Nice info to have!

~Jason

11. One thing I should mention, especially if your putting a p/u body on the S-10 chassis--

If you have the short S-10 chassis, swapping in the chrysler leaves will put the rear axle right into the stock gas tank, so you must move the tank or use another type. I took the easy way out and used this $140 Moon style tank from Speedway. I suppose the same could be done with an older p/u bed?

[​IMG]

12. Abomination

Abomination

Hey, thanks!

I re-posted it here as well:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274702&page=19

~Jason