Register now to get rid of these ads!

"OUTKASTS" Car Show---Mitchell, SD photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MCINK, Sep 28, 2008.

1. sololobo

sololobo

This was an interesting event!! Great hospitality by the nice town. In spite of seeing a lot of crazy rat style builds , a lot of nice led-sleds, customs, bobbers, and some more traditional stuff was present. I watched with great interest how peolple were drawn to the rats and seemed to enjoy the goofy stuff on them. Although Liz Gerberdings great green Stude and other traditional stuff ruled. Bo Huff was the life of the party and had some of the shy people cutting loose. The Mezcal Brothers show at the Ramada Friday night was spectacular, and we were treated to some excellent swing dancing at that event. Hats off to Mike of the Outkasts for all his super effort in running a well organized event. Nice to see some of the Nebraska chapter Outkasts at the event also.-Sololobo

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  2. Really liked the Chevy Gasser and green Studebaker!!!! The rest....well.....nevermind!

3. Wow. MWS, I gotta ask, why would you chop the top before fixing the rust? And do you realize there is a big DENT on the drivers door? I mean, you have to see that every time you get in the car. Really, why didn't you fix the body? You need more than the official HAMB book of good taste.

4. blackout

blackout

The Munsters do acid

5. Got the 411 from a couple pals that took time to go to Mitchell (armpit of South Dakota) and after my jabs here I had hoped they had a good time. But, that was not the case. It was as big of a freakshow as these pics lead us to believe. Thats ok, the OSR guys need someplace to go. Too bad, hate to see things catering to the lowest common denominator. Even with our loose DMV rules in South Dakota there will come a time shitboxes like many that were posted will ruin it for the rest of us.

6. Ha ha ha!!!! Tman......

7. myke

myke
    from SoCal

8. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Yep, that's the same one, Denise! Very nice car.

As for some of the other cars on this thread... Wow.

Tim (MCINK), thanks for taking the time to post this.

Here are a couple of tasteful Eastern South Dakota cars that may not have gone to Mitchell... (for contrast :))
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Malcolm

9. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

10. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I thought FL was bad (sorry for another FL reference)

11. t those anrnt all east side cars. the ferst pic that black truck with the green wheels is from rc. i went to high school with him and his wife in philip. and some thing i noticed here in fargo is the dude that are building the rust outs are old bikers, i dont know the link but thats what i see and my car is kinda stoopid low but its a stepping stone to some thing cooler and discounting tomh and oversprary id say all the stuff i like is conig from the f/m m/f area in nd

12. Check list for traditional hot rod build:
    1. Rust - the more the better.
    2. Dings -yes please.
    3. Welded chain radiator support.
    4. Paint RAT ROD on blower belt.
    5. Same size rubber on all four corners.
    6. Incorporate 'teeth' into radiator shell.
    7. Welded spider web mesh, can be used as grille, window -anywhere, it's cool!
    8. Proportion -ten gallons of completely-out-of.
    9. Anything you do is, OK, after all, you did it.

I'm sure there are more.

13. Sko, look back, I mention Joe's Pickup in a past post. He is a pal and that car is built well. I am also glad to see some of that bullshit has plates from Iowa and other states.........wait, no I am not! That crap makes us all look bad in the eyes of Big Brother!

14. crashbox

crashbox

Wow, great stuff, reminds me of what Billetproof used to be like when it was a parking lot show in Hayward.

15. You were drunk then and in the wrong spot now.........might wanna try OSR.

16. So, if that's what Billitproof used to be like, then it's time for a show called "Rustproof". Or "Shitproof".

17. sorry aboput that. joe is a good shit and yeah it is nice to see that the crap isnt from sd. i sold a guy from work some 2x3 to make a frame and i showed him my car when he came to get it and he was very suprized. he said "that looks nice, i thought you were building a ratrod"

18. Naw Phil, your logic is off a tad in your older years;)

Billetproof=no billet

Shows like this that encourage crap would fall under something like this:

Shitboxesgalore!= yes, like it says......many shitboxes

I hope I have gotten my point across in these posts tonight?!;)

19. 10. Using a closet rod to hold up your seat back.
    11. Forgetting to take the gas nozzle out of your tank before driving off.
    12. Mounting headlights on your cowl.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  20. "I hope I have gotten my point across in these posts tonight?!"

Well, to quote the great Dorothy Parker: "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make her think".

21. A Boner

A Boner

What's the big deal.........not all of them are rat rods.........some of them are actually really slick.

22. Oh yeah, another one is:

13. Spray car in glue, drive through junk shop. What ever sticks to it is 'cool shit.'

23. Jason of Oakland

Jason of Oakland

Nice Rat Rod show.....everyone here loves Rat Rods

24. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Hey at least they went to the show alot of people are just keyboard commandos who talk about a traditional rod they have/had and no one has ever seen it. Maybe there should be alot less slamming and name calling and more guidance..........hey just a idea, but what do I know I work for OSR.

25. ryno

ryno

saw a few of these on trailers today along I 90 and 212, on my journey to rapid city from spokane this morning.they didnt look so bad if you did 80 mph past them the other way.

26. I guess the title of this thread should have been sufficient enough warning for me to not open it ... the Gasser & the Studie are cool though.

out·cast \ˈau̇t-ˌkast\:
    1: one that is cast out or refused acceptance (as by society)
    2: rejected matter
    3: refuse
    4: discarded
    Synonyms - exile, refugee, expatriate; leper, pariah

27. Donzie

Donzie

I have gotten to the point of walking past Chevelles and '57 Chevies at many shows...I've seen enough in my life time and they are starting to all look the same.
    Unfortunetly it's getting like that with "rat rods", they aren't very original anymore.
    I really dig traditional looking rods, that look like they were actually built in the 50s, not cars that look like they were built in 50 minutes.
    Sorry if I've offended anyone, that's not my purpose. I just think this rat rod craze has gotten a liitle out of hand.
    Are we really teaching the younger gen what hot roding is all about?

28. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Well said to both X38 AND Tman .
    The TRUTH HURTS and some people seem not to be able to handle it..
    Like my Moma always said if ya can't stand the heat ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

29. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MY EYES!!! THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!!!

:D

30. Thanks to all who posted here. I needed to finish my weekend with a good laugh. The funniest are the ones who actually think there is a defense for the conglomerations of shit in these pics. :eek: