Register now to get rid of these ads!

Should I bag my Olds?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eryk, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Who cares about tradition? Do you know what board you're on, Deadlights? Dumbass!

Bring it down an inch in the front, Eryk. Fatman spindles and cut springs should ride real nice. You can take my '49 for a spin to see what it rides like.

2. Eryk

Eryk

Thanks Coby. That helps tremendously actually. I'm all about draggin tail, but it looks longer and leaner with a leveled out height. Bravo.:)

Phil, the fatman option sounds real good. I think I'll take you up on that offer to cruise your Olds. Thanks bud.

3. 28

from IC IA

I tend to like a car sitting on the ground, but your stance really does look good as it is now. I think it could go good either way.

4. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

god i still can't believe i bought that car when it was on ebay.

if it were mine, and believe me i still wish, she'd be lifted or bagged [2 linked as well] front and back switches and ride like I stole it on 14" s/s on sportways...

5. greasel

greasel
    from Fresno, CA

I think the answer to "should I bag my ________" is YES! (always, no exceptions..okay, maybe not a bike)

6. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

I am not going to preach about bags. I like em on some vehicles and I dont on others.

I think the car looks amazing the way it is.

But it would look good Bagged too, and Cobys photobag made it look damn good.

If it were my car though, I would probably leave it the way it is or lower the nose a touch and call it good.

Good luck with your decision and good job on that beautiful car!

7. lgh1157

lgh1157

^ you know how i feel about it. Bag that shit !

You KNOW your gonna gonna bag it.

Drive it to the shop/garage where ever its getting done and get started on it

8. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I was ready to say yes but after seeing the pics of it I agree with Scott on this one.

9. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

i know you know this, but im saying this to some that may not-- just remember that it's a 60's style custom, so match the stance with the car-- meaning i wouldnt do hot rod rake stance. i like Coby's picture, and agree with that you're saying about it looking long and lean flat on the ground. That said, i tend to tail drag my 60's cars when driving them (the roads are so fucked) and then set it down low evenly when it's being a poser standing still:D

The pic slammed looks damn good...

-scott noteboom

10. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

You aint done until you can put some chrome back on the ground....Bag it and Drag it!

11. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

leave it as is IMHO... SUCH A GREAT FUCKING CAR!

12. lownslow

lownslow

that paint job sucks and so do you ! .... haha .... shit man i would just leave it for now maybe drop the front a bit more . and continue with your galaxie and your other olds ... see you soon puto !

13. Eryk

Eryk

I totally agree with you Scott. About the stance matching the car. It doesn't have skirts and it ain't chopped, so I really don't want to keep the tail dragger stance. I'm just like you though...i love cruising around like that. Barely being able to see over the steering wheel and past the nose. Hell yeah.:cool:
    Thanks for all your input man. I know you have great taste. I appreciate it.

I'm gonna have it re-painted. Some crazy whiteboy painter insisted on doing panel fades.:D Plus, he dresses like a cholo on easter.

See you manana holmes.

14. EdselRich

EdselRich

just bring the nose down a bit. but overall looks good to me. BADASS

15. vein

vein

dont bag this one, it looks great the way it is. LEAVE IT!

16. mattblack52

mattblack52
    from Ohio

Bag the shit out of that thing!!!

17. AD

AD

baggin' it would be cool,

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  18. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

I want to see the frame on the ground BAG IT!!!!!!!!!

19. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

Shit I dont know, baged, old school hydros, my opinion is what ever you do make sure it's a perfect job. Because that is the nicest olds I have ever seen.......PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!.

20. leocad

leocad
    from LA, CA

car is bad ass!

bag! the rear, lower the front and see how you like it and maybe bag the front later.

I think if this was my car and I had any doubts about bagging or not, after seeing the photoshop job I would start buying the bag kit the next day. If you had bags on rear you could bring it down even lower and pick it up as needed. gives the car way more attitude slammed and finishes the look real nice like.

21. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

One more vote for baggin it!

22. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

and there you have it.

Leave it man!

23. Eryk

Eryk

UPDATE 9/23/08

Well, it's been about 9 months since I made this thread. I drove the car as it was from December to May. That gave me plenty of time to do research and plan what kind of suspension I wanted and also to figure out who would be the right person for the job. In the end, I decided to go all the way with the bagged suspension and have Rudy Sandoval do the work. I had been talking to Rudy for a while about working on the car, but his shop wasn't quite ready. I kept in touch with him and together we made plans to get started on the suspension right after Santa Maria. We ordered a shit load of parts. All the airbag components, raw material for the fab work, Fatman drop spindles, etc. Then I dropped my car off to get worked basically all summer. Rudy works fulltime at his other job and took on my car as a side job on nights and weekends. I wasn't in any rush, so I was good with it. The work consisted of a custom fabricated truck arm suspension to replace the leafs, c-notch in the frame, tunnel over the driveshaft, new gas tank, sheet metal in the trunk, re-seal the rear end, new brake lines, install fatman stuff in front, new kingpins, bushings, etc. And of course install all the bag components. Shit was intense and not without some bumps in the road here and there(I hate x-frames!). But I'm stoked on the work. I love the look, the ride, and the flexibility.

There's an entire build thread on the LBCC board. Check it out if you want. I'll probably put most of the pics here too.
    http://www.losboulevardos.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3762&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

And here are some pics! Feel free to comment or ask questions. Enjoy.:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Eryk

Eryk

Here are a few recent pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I still can't help dropping the ass.

Thanks for looking. :)

25. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

That looks incredible.

26. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

completes the car...

27. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

thanks a lot, those were my last clean boxer shorts...

28. JackShaft

JackShaft

I can not think of a single thing that would improve that car. Looks immaculate! I'm really happy that you decided to go with the bags. Laying frame, level or ass down that thing looks insane!

29. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'm so sick of bagged cars with no rear inner fenderwells and half the trunk floor gone I want to puke every time I see one.

that looks fucking killer, and a nice trunk floor too.

I think I like the down in back look. I also liked it before you bagged it.