Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage BilletProof pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1badnov, Sep 20, 2008.

1. 1badnov

1badnov
    from South Bay

Let me just say that this was the biggest show yet. Had a good time ,met some old friends & made some new ones. With that said, The show felt like dare I say a good-guys event! Hell it even had the double-decker bus. $3.00 parking, $10.00 walk in fee without the cool ticket & the quality of the show posters sucked! The restroom lines were a joke. Kirk, maybe its just me but the show was way better when it was yours. 2 days next year...... no thanks. Some things are just better left alone, & this show was one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  2. 1badnov

1badnov
    from South Bay

3. Wyle E Coyote

Wyle E Coyote

Nice shots, Thanks!

4. Thanks, I'm sure this is the first of many BP pic posts

5. swill67

swill67
    from merced, ca

Nice pictures. $3 parking is not bad; could be worse. $10 entrance fee... still not tooooo bad. I do miss the cool tickets though. I use to put them on self adhesive magnets and put them on the fridge and my filing cabinet at work. bummer.

6. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

i parked on the street in front no problem... good turn out, the gathering at the hotel the night before was not as good as usual but good time still

and kirks car is beautiful some of the best use of lace I have ever seen

7. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

honestly, i had a blast this year! it was the biggest yet, ok, so what?..prices went up a couple bucks..so what? i had to wait 2 min to take a wizz...so what? i mean this is just my opinion and some may not agree.

my club had great time, saw a ton of friends i havent seen in a year and just kicked back and had a good time. 2 days next year might be great!, why not?! if cars are going able to camp out on grounds how fun would that be?! give THAT a chance for something different to be brought to the table. the swanx did a great job as per usual, and as far as i knew the day went off without a hitch. i'll be going back for the 2 days next year for sure!

8. Camm

Camm

I bet you show up next year...........................

9. 1badnov

1badnov
    from South Bay

Never said I wouldn't. Just not for 2 days. It just makes me laugh, that they raise the prices & cut back on things that made the show a little more different to bump the profits. Although I did have 6 people in the wagon for $25.00:D & didn't have to pay for the show poster.

10. Cruiser

Cruiser

OneBadnov,

Some of my friends will no longer go to Billetproof for the very reasons you stated, Kirk's version was way cooler. Hey, you took some nice photo's at the show, I guess you won't be saving the new ticket for the garage wall. The new owners whole idea was to change Billetproof and make it into a big money maker. The show is still a great one just in a different way. ...........Be cool now...............

CRUISER :cool:

11. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Really cool pics, thanks for sharing!

12. skwurl

skwurl

great pix Thanks!

13. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

thanks for posting pics, looks like it was a good time

14. Choptop

Choptop

to each their own.

$3 parking is paid directly to the fairgrounds. I fought to have $0 parking as it has been for the last 5 years at the Contra Costa County Fairgrounds, but they wouldnt have it, and wanted to charge $5.. I talked them down to $3. You are welcome.

The poster? The artwork was from Allison. I'll pass along your dislike for his work to him, but such is the way with artwork. It doesnt always appeal to everyone.

Yer complaining about the doubledecker bus? Give me a break, IT WAS A FOOD VENDOR !!!!! Not all vendors think ez-ups are the be all end all.

I'm with ya on missing the cool spectator tickets (which you didnt get because you drove a car in). But you didnt like the artwork on the poster, so its prolly just as well... the art would have been the same on the ticket, so you didnt miss out on any thing :D The change in the tickets was brought on by the fact that we had bad lines at the entrances last year. This year we brought in a professional ticketing co (at great expense) to handle the entrances. I know no one had wait in line at any of the 3 entrances to get in. Yer welcome.

Restroom lines were a problem. Nearly twice the amount of spectators from last year made the problem worse. It will be solved next year with porta-potties. Easy fix, and an unexpected problem this year.

Some people dont like two day shows.. thats fine. Its easy enough to come for one day :D. But some people do like them. Primer Nats, Paso-Maria... lots of the big shows are two days. Billetproof is as big, if not bigger than many of these.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  15. Choptop

Choptop

This always makes me laugh.:D The boost in price (in spectator price only) it to pay for the costs involved with putting on a much larger show, it adds little to nothing to the bottom line.

The price you paid, the car registration fee, hasnt been rasied in YEARS.

overall a very good show, and thanks for bringing the wagon! (I'm a wagon fan).

16. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

great pics thanks for posting them.

17. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What He said !
    It looks like it was a great show at a very reasonable price ,thanks for the pics .

18. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Cool Pictures THANKS!

19. 1badnov

1badnov
    from South Bay

I said I had a good time.

$3 parking is paid directly to the fairgrounds. I fought to have $0 parking as it has been for the last 5 years at the Contra Costa County Fairgrounds, but they wouldnt have it, and wanted to charge $5.. I talked them down to $3. You are welcome.

Thanks.

The poster? The artwork was from Allison. I'll pass along your dislike for his work to him, but such is the way with artwork. It doesnt always appeal to everyone.

The art work was great as always..... The paper that it was printed on sucked. So you can tell him that!

I'm with ya on missing the cool spectator tickets (which you didnt get because you drove a car in).

I would have went & bought one anyways, just to have one. In years past, I would ask that they not tear my ticket. I have one for every year that I have been to the show. So ya could have made another $10.00.

I understand that you can't please everyone. I would like to thank you for all your time & hard work & everyone else that had a part in making this show what it was. My family & I had a good time.

Thanks Dave

20. Choptop

Choptop

No worries, dont take my post wrong.... beleive it or not I write all of the feedback down, good and bad, in a notebook to look at about 6 months before the next show so I can fix things that people didnt like, and enhance things that people did.

I'll look into thicker stock for next years poster. Last years was a little tooooo thick in my book. Those that like to roll them up had a hard time with it. I went too far the other way this year. Adjustments will be made. There has to be a happy medium :D

21. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

We are so blessed to have this show every year, so much great stuff came as well! I'll be back the next year and so on ... The Road Zombies and myself appreciate all the hard work it takes to put on such a huge event. Thanks to Alan and a special thanks to the Swanx for helping out to run and put on such an awesome show this year, much love guys.
    I agree on more portos for the pissers, that should eleviate the wait problem for the restrooms!

Dave ...cool pics and thanks for sharing:)

22. mattcrp1

mattcrp1

this is the second year i took my son and we had a great time, deffinatly a lot more people but it still beat a good guys show hands down. the people at billetproof are by far the most down to earth people and best to be around, one of the pinstripe vendors took some time and showed my son a few pointers on how to stripe. he was so stoked, it really made his day. thanks to everone who put this together

matt

23. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

I think the $10 is reasonable, considering i have paid 15-18 for shows and since i blew a lot of cash on booze at the pre party the night before i was happy to see that 20 will get the old lady and i in.

I liked the double decker bus, for event food it was a good price water was $1.50 not $3-4 and i got a hot dog for just over 2 bucks

good amount of cars after several hours of being there and taking breaks to hang with friends i still feel as though i didn't get to really see everything since pictures are coming up and im wondering how i missed that car.

NOW if this is a 2 day event next year I hope the front field will fill up some more and maybe some more activities because to keep me there for one more day I need something to keep my short attention span entertained.

And is there a way for the crowd to vote for there favorite car? I think that would keep spectators around to see who won, and i doubt it would work out but maybe schedule a cruise for saturday or friday night, although this might be what determined the demise for paso, it was my favorite aspect of the show.

maybe work things out with the race track and get people in for half off or drink tickets...

I know the buzz amongst friends was how are they going to pull off 2 days how are they going to make it worth getting a room for the night since most of us are broke...

Good luck and thanks for listening to our feedback

Kail

24. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

i agree 100%. a cruise route from the ramada hotel, through downtown antioch where the pre party was and back to the hotel would be alot of fun friday night. antioch is a car town and always has been, the cops are REALLY forgiving when it comes to classics, hot rods, customs and even the low rider crowd as well, so doing a cruise wouldnt be a bad thing.

and i think stigma 13 needs a spot in the band line up @ the show next year as well (shamless self promotion)

25. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

My 2 cents.
    It was good to see the show grow this year, more cars, a lot of different cars and more vendors. I had a blast too.
    I agree with Dave and Kail, a 2-day show needs more to do, not just the races at night. If you had to raise the price for a 2-day show, show us the value. If we could only pay for one day as an option I think (like all 2 and 3-day shows) Sunday would be a very low turnout.
    It will be hard to want to stay in Antioch over night for a show. Pleasanton, PASO (not SM), Viva and Primer Nats have nice cities to stay in and enjoy.

Thanks again,

Brian

26. nor cal nic

nor cal nic

it wasn't just kirk that started this show...kirk along with jay ward and the vultures started billetproof...look up the history.

27. Camm

Camm

I had a great time, thanks Alan. Keep up the good work and don't let the negative comments get to you. Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. I'm three hours away from the show two days would be cool for me. Thanks again for all your hard work.............Camm P.S. Dude the blond wigs gotta go.:D

28. Choptop

Choptop

Lots of things under consideration for a two day show.. something fun/cool/big on Sat. night is must and then more fun on Sun.

dont worry, it will be worthwhile... or I wont do it.:D

29. Man that tear drop camper is bad ass!! >>>>.

30. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Thats just what I was thinking too!