Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T What the heck is this ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by swade41, Sep 8, 2008.

1. No shit, mine usually pop off with something un-original like, "Fuck off", or something like that, I never really paid attention to what they say. Hell, I'd try to win that one back.

2. a couple pages from a 1938 book from G.M.

[​IMG]

this stuff is still out there
    gas powered bench grinder
    [​IMG]

old gantry crane
    [​IMG]

crap load of these old mags, some back to 38
    [​IMG]

dig this crazy riding mower seat w/tuck n roll, it has some kind of truck bed on the back
    [​IMG]

3. Must have been after my time . I remember Rocky Jones Space Ranger , Flash Gordon and the other one almost like it also starring Buster Crabbe .

4. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

5. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

you got all this stuff????????? play your cards right and hit the bay and you can prolly buy a new ride when your done.. That gas powered bench grinder is fucking sweeeeeeeet.
    Dave

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

My guess is that is some sort of DoD communication device. What is on the reel, paper tape with holes in it? Gary

7. pastlane

pastlane

Phil, Very cool stuff indeed!!! Let me know if you need help liquidating the place. I'm workin for Edna-Louise now setting up & running estate sales. Ken

8. thanks Ken but I guess they just want to toss stuff out....lol
    Last picture,I won't bore you with the photos of vintage Snap On tools, this is a scan of a random slide I grabed out of the box. There are several more plus negatives as well.

[​IMG]

9. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  10. skunx1964

skunx1964

man, you hit the motherload of cool shit!

11. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

The red pressure tank looks like an oil pressure leakdown test setup for rod & main bearing clearance. The tag might show the maker - McQuay-Norris, Federal Mogul, & Perfect Circle used to sell them.

12. just one more photo,newspaper clipping, my girlfriends grandfather which was original owner of the house. The article says he made the plow out of a 1929 truck and used it to plow his neighbors driveways.

[​IMG]

13. Dude that sno-plow is too much!! Just think of what the ol boy would have came up with if he would of thought Sno-Blower >>>>.

14. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

I wonder if that mechanix illustrated was published before or after Barris dreamed up the batmobile?

15. 067chevy

067chevy

have to be a 36 willies or newer. 33-35 were spokes

16. moter

moter

Great finds!! Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.

17. more pin-ups

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

39-40-43 newspapers
    [​IMG]

more books 30's-40's-50's
    [​IMG]

18. radios
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gas station porceilin numbers and spring silencers
    [​IMG]

pair of model T rails, I think
    [​IMG]

fire ext.
    [​IMG]

19. and a freaking sperm bank..lol also Listerin bottle
    [​IMG]

20. Geez Phil, you're never going to get all that stuff in the back of the 41. I'm sitting here wondering just what it was they did trash.

21. No kidding Emil, I'm done going through it all, hopefully someone will grab those big floor radios.

22. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

How about a homemade garden tractor to grade around the farm house after the new one was built. Rear end out of 50's car, angle iron frame, applebox seat, 30's steering box, hand operated throttle, steering wheel is a visegrip. Thats my sis next to dad... not me.:D

23. On the wheel, I had a '37 Willys with the original wheels and they were plain, so if it's Willys I guess it would have to be '36 -

24. klazurfer

klazurfer

BTT .. More people need to see this collection
    Amazing stuff :):)

Klaz

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  25. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

The wheel - possibly '34-'36 Nash Lafayette ???

26. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

That is too cool!

27. Meester P

Meester P

this stuff is still out there
    gas powered bench grinder
    [​IMG]

Are you sure that is a gas powered grinder?? Looks to me like an early work centre,the motor is electric and has a grinding wheel on it along with a drill chuck and possibly a cupped wire wheel on the other end,it then drives via the belt a small compressor,a nice littls work station and good use of just one electric motor.

m/p

28. You may be right,I was thinking the can on top was for fuel but couldn't figure out how you started it. All the features are correct that you listed, I thought the drill chuck was kinda neat on the side. The pully on the motor is an actual crank pully off something.
    [​IMG]

I did find about 30 slides of vintage nudes, the slides are just like the road race ones.
    [​IMG]

29. Now we're talking!!!!! Now keep digging in the treasure chest of goodies and find the damn slide projector!! >>>>.

30. a couple of the slides I had made into pictures
    that road course, maybe Watkins Glen, it said Nelsons Ledger on the slides though
    [​IMG]

this was on a section of negatives, some stunt show
    [​IMG]