Register now to get rid of these ads!

few pics of progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blackmopar, Aug 12, 2008.

1. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

2. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

3. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

[​IMG]

hope this helps the guys that have been asking - any questions on stuff that isnt obvious lemme know

4. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

great pics and great work. i love seeing the details of the work being done!!
    you are rockin' it.

5. hard to believe you whacked the top 5+" looks great! had one years ago with a 331 in it,went like hell,loud as hell and ugly as hell! the chop sure helped it. nice chassis work and keep the pic's coming.

6. fisher_man_matt

fisher_man_matt

Thanks for posting more pics of your build. Seeing the actual chop in progress makes me want to do the same to my '50. All of your work is really clean, I like it. I also look forward to to seeing what you come up with for the bed.

A couple questions:

You wrote that you took 18" out of the frame for the Z. How much did the overall wheelbase change?

What do you have planned for bumpers? On mine, the factory front bumper looks alright but the rear seems like a complete after thought.

Keep up the good work.
    Matt

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  7. ST. 515

ST. 515
    from TEXAS

Nice fab work! Great looking truck.

Saint

8. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

guys, i appreciate the comments and support - its been a longer build than i wanted, but its getting there

its now 108 - to match the stock shortbed wheelbase - this was a longbed

I wish i kept the front bumper - i think im going to fab a spreader between the rails instead - the rear will b a stakebed - so really no bumpers - i agree the stock rear sucks

Should have some new pics in a day or so - re-working the running boards now

9. FloridaJoe

FloridaJoe

Very nice. I have never seen one that looked as good as this one.

10. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

had a few days of distraction outside of the garage, but today i finally got to the runningboards - since this was a long bed that i cut 18 out of chassis, i had to do the same to the boards
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

coming out killer. love the updates

12. Probably too late, but this came up one here a while ago on a "photoshop my ride" type thread. Have you thought about pushing the front axle forwards? It really seems to help the proportions.

[​IMG]

13. Sprcheese

Sprcheese

Looks killer. I'ts nice to see somethin' different. Gives me some motivation to get back to work on mine.

14. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

no, im happy where the front wheels sit - I replaced the front end with an ifs kit - when doing that I debated relocation but felt it was not necessary, especially considering the sheetmetal rework needed since its a fendered car - i hope to do a pre 46 project at some point, and would probably consider shoving the axle forward then sans fenders

15. fisher_man_matt

fisher_man_matt

It's been a while.
    Any updates?