Register now to get rid of these ads!

Poor Boys Banned in Sacramento - Rant

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BruceVE, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

I spoke with some people of the Marriott Village and was told that the damage at the hotel was worse than we knew. Besides the tagging in some rooms and hallways there was a lot of other individual room damage, walls with holes, burn marks on carpets, and over 200 towels stolen. Broken glass all over the place, beer bottles in the pool, a beer bottle thrown through somebodies window, and worst of all, multiple turds all over the property. The managers said this was the worst damage they had seen in 10 years of hotel business.

We've been doing Midnight Mass for 5 years now, putting on a car show/party for everyone, with making very LITTLE money. As a matter of fact, it cost us money this year. And now because some assholes couldn't control themselfs we are no longer welcomed at ANY hotel in Sacramento.

So, because of a few, they just fucked the rest of us, out any kind of future hotel discounts and any afterparty.

But what pisses me off is that it's the Poor Boys reputation that is damage. The hotel(s) only know that the Poor Boys put on the show and signed contracts, so we're to blame for everything.

So, thanks a fuckin' lot!!!

2. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Childern, Childern you must grow up and behave.....

3. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Stupid people do stupid things.

Sucks for you. I would hate to put that much love, passion and money into something that someone else could so easily ruin. I just don't understand why people have no common sense or respect. I bet the majority of the problem causing retards will wonder why there is no show next year.

4. blackout

blackout

that's f##ked up

5. ratster

ratster

must be a Poor Boy thing. they left a big ass mess ( BEER CANS) at the Hot Rod Reuion in Bowling Green. :)

6. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Damn Bruce,
    I feel for ya brother. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with these assholes anymore. You do something good for them and you wind up screwed. There seems to be a lot of these stupid fuckers around. I wish you guys well in the future. Mike

7. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Wow that sucks. The guy that owns the Wellesly Inn near where the Road Agents had their show used to just charge us all out the ass. I guess he was happy to have the business

8. This is why we have to be extra careful in everything we do!! There are always a few who screw up things for the rest. Then they claim we are to old, to cautious, to chicken and wimpy. They don't want any rules, they don't see any harm in excess drinking, excess noise, burnouts and racing on public streets, foul langauge without regard to women and kids, you know them!! Same kind that solve problems by getting louder to try to intimadate others. I am sorry you lost your venue, and also for the damage to your groups reputation. I hope the silent majority on here speak out, and that the trouble was not caused by true car people!!

9. HotrodTrash

HotrodTrash
    from Hanford,ca

Thats fucked man, I'm fed up with all these fucking scenesters, thugabillys screwing up every good show. Every show Ive been to the past two years (car shows and concerts)have been screwed because of these fuck heads. Is it like this in other states, or is it just california? Its like the dam gangbangers got tired of listening to gangsta rap and shooting dice, and herion and decided to screw up someone else's way of life because the level of fuckdness in their gangsta life has excedded the maximum level. Sorry about this Bruce, It has been a great show, and you Poor Boys are top notch guys. Next show you throw should be at a camp ground, like a camp out car show. This way if some one gets out of line, we all can beat some thugabilly ass.

10. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Let me be clear that Cal Expo has no problems, we can have the show there next year if we want.

After the show, everybodies on their own.

11. 4tl8ford

4tl8ford
    from Erie, Pa

I understand what you're trying to say, but if the Poor Boys host the show, you will still be blamed for bringing the Dweebs outa their holes.

Its like when someone wins a sports championship and their "Fans" burn down the town being Happy.

It's a tough deal trying to have an event in the first place let alone trying to keep it right.

12. dannyego

dannyego

I may be wrong but it seems like the westcoast "thugabillies" are the worst. Dont get me wrong we have our fair share of fu#heads out here in the midwest but it doesnt seem to be a scene here like it is out there. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

13. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

Poorboy Bruce, can you find out who dunnit and have things ...'fixed'?

14. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

there HAS to be a camera some where in that hotel.tell them to show you proof that someone from the car show did it!
    just a stupid thought.

15. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Ya, need to find a farmer with a field to rent... let them all raise hell. Drink, start fires, sleep in a field. It's all good then.

16. zgears

zgears

+1

Every good scene eventually gets destroyed by Johny come latelys .... and marketers.....

17. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I now have a new group to be prejudiced against...Y.A.M.s

...young angry males...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  18. ems customer service

ems customer service

Who was the promoter or host club????? They did not have any security or club members watching in a organized manner. Sounds like a holes showed up and show management left. A badly organized event can create it own problems.

Acting like a ashole is not kool it is just acting like a asshole

19. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

Bruce
    I have responded to this previously and have no sympathy
    As the shows producer it is your responsibility to make good on any and all damages
    And to police the venue to insure this behavior is nipped in the bud
    And provide a safe and sane environment for all attendees

I&#8217;m hopping to put on a Xmas show here in L.A.
    In association with L.A.F.D. and friends of there&#8217;s L.A.P.D.
    Keeps the knuckle heads at bay and if they care to attend on there best behavior

Sorry to hear about your experience
    Perhaps in the future you might invite the local P.D.
    There not such bad guys I go gun shooting with some
    Best of luck on your next show

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  20. Appleseed

Appleseed

No, you bury the fuckers with the farmer's front end loader after they drink themselves to sleep. Then its all good.

21. beauishere

beauishere

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

No disrespect intended. Seems like your club is a bunch of nice people projecting an image of tatted up, no rules apply, hell raisin', wanna-be baddasses. It's ok when it's just your buds, but when you go big time with that image, guess who shows up? That's right, tatted up, no rules apply, hell raisin', wanna-be baddasses.

I agree with the previous poster about the promoter being responsible. Better bring in the law next time. Although it does go against the image.

I mean come on, dropping dookie in public? Who does that?

22. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Consider having a fund raiser and reimbursing the hotel.

23. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

it sounds like the problems were at the hotel, not the event location. a car club cant be expected to police all the hotels in the town their show is in....

24. teddyp

teddyp

all it takes is a few assholes

25. movingviolation

movingviolation

Shitty deal Bruce....................

Ya want to get respect and keep the population on your side during these enviromental times that our passion is going through............then you get a few chumps who feel it is their right to show the world how badass hot rodders are.......... Not only did it screw you hotel and their image of hot rodders.........it will trickle out to the public who wont give a rats ass for ya when you need their support.

All it takes is a few clowns to make a circus...........shitty deal.

Maybe im rambling............or maybe i just dont understand.

Leon

26. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

If the host car club sets up rooms with a discount for attendents of their show, they become liable for the damage at the said hotels. Sucks, but thats how it works.

If the HAMB Drags set up discounts at Joplin hotels and through the night some ass desides to throw a beer bottle through a window, that outcome belongs to the HAMB. Should such a think happen at Joplin, I suspect the beer bottle thrower's ass would be in a world of hurt, couldn't imanigine the HAMB parking lot crew taking that too lightly.

Where were all the Poor Boys when all this was taking place? And How does the hotel not know who was registered in the rooms that got damaged? Somehow I feel we are not getting the whole story here. Gene

27. Remember, on the cop shows they allways find the body in a "shallow grave". Dig deep! REAL deep! {he says with an evil chuckle}
    Sorry to hear about the assholes ruining your event.:mad:

28. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Defecating outside? That's some fucked up shit there.... literally.

Drinking some beers with buddies and having a good time with people that have like interests, it doesn't get any better than that.

I will never understand getting so shit faced drunk that it can only lead to worse things... vandalism, fights, etc... Something to brag about to you friends?

Hey, I shit on the lawn at the hotel! I am so cool!!!

29. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Ha Ha!!!

30. 5window

5window

So you are telling us that nobody in the club knw what was going on-and so nobody tried to stop it? in that case, where were you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.