Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help identify this car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by baggedmitsu, Aug 25, 2008.

1. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

Ok, so this is my car, and youre going to laugh when you hear me ask that i want help to identify it lol. I bought it at Pomona this past weekend and everybody i talked to about it called it something different, i think most people just stick to calling it a 50 chevy lol

My guess, is it's a 1950 Chevy Deluxe, 2 door Sedan. Ok, so i know alot of you are experts on these cars. I know chevy made a ton of different models and options so i hope you guys can help me narrow it down. thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. What does the cowl tag say after "style"?

It will be 501011, or similar.

3. johnrockin

johnrockin
    BANNED
    from midwest

its a 50 chevy, unless someone took a 49 and put a 50 grill on it. not sure of the other differences.

4. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's a 2dr sedan based on the rear seat/roofline. It's also screaming for a drop and really subtle chop, dontcha think?

5. jerry

jerry

I'd call it nice!

jerry

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

1950 Chevrolet Styline Deluxe 2 door sedan.

if it were a fastback it would be a Fleetline.

if it were not a Styline Deluxe it would be a Styline Special. Specials had less chrome

7. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

thats what the tag says, so i take it its a styleline, geez i knew it was confusing.

8. teddyp

teddyp

it has a few cool option the bumper ends nickname wing tips,front fender extra chome over the rockers and the fake full hupcaps very rare nice fine good luck with car

9. JAWS

JAWS

Ditto:D

10. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

thanks for the info. I new it was a nice car when i laid eyes on it. i got a killer deal on it too. My buddy bought a fleetline same color same day. but not as nice as mine.

It's funny, because i went to pomona with the intentions of finding a project car. I found two really neat rusty/patina cars with tons of potential for a custom right away. then as i was getting ready to negotiate on them i found this car for only a few thousand more and couldnt pass up. Now i dont have the heart to cut this car. LOL. what to do, what to do. My buddies are staring me down with torches and sawsalls in hand.

One of my buddies even has a full driveline lined up for me to get rid of the enclosed driveline. I guess only time will tell.

11. VanHorton

VanHorton

dude, seriously nice car you got there, all it needs is to be lowered a little and driven... and the straight six kicks ass as well. sweet deal...

12. nicccceee!.... NOW CHOP HACK AND TORCH!

13. I'm all for cutting up cars but there is a car and a place for it. It looks to be very nice and mostly original and I think it would be sort of a shame to cut it up unless the work to be done is TOP notch. This is not a car for a first time chop or a bunch of hacking. IF you are going to do it, do it all the way and don't let it become junk. There are only so many of these old cars left in this good condition and there are far too many butchers out there.

Jaysin

14. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

agreed, and if you've ever seen any of my previous builds then you know i wont hack this one either. If i decide to cut it, it will be a full kustom for sure, no hack job. My buddy just rolled over to my house with his fleetline, same color as mine and he got a freakin score too. beautiful car 70k+ original car. What i noticed right away is his clutch is easy and smooth and mine is really freaking tight. the kind of cluth that kills you right away. Ive never owned a three on the tree before so i didnt know the difference when i bought my car, i just figured they were all stiff as shit.

Any feedback on that, do you think my clutch is just newer, and his is worn in?

Ernie