Register now to get rid of these ads!

hambandy Build "Dreams do come true"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fitzee, Aug 8, 2008.

1. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

great job everyone....congrats andy, the sedan looks awsome!

Zach

2. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Awsome, simply Awsome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B:DB

3. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sweet !! great car for a cool kid........VIVA LA HAMB !!

4. Shane T.

Shane T.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Shane T.

5. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

6. brady1929

brady1929

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

It is so satisfying to know that a bunch of hardcore, tuff guys, hot rod bums, and greasers have not only made a young man's dream come true but also soooooooooo many lifetime memories, not only for our young "little Buddy" but for yourselves as well. I have no doubt that this project will live in the minds and hearts of everyone forever. Now, "little Buddy", fire that baby up and get crackin.

8. noboD

noboD

That's what it's all about!!

9. Lee_ATx

Lee_ATx
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats Andy! That cars gonna be a lot of fun.
    Hats off to all who pitched in. What a great story.

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

coolest build we've had in a long while...

11. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Fitzee, you and the build crew are RULERS.

To be truthful, when this all started I thought it was gonna peter out halfway and devolve into chaos, but still had noble enough intentions to be worth contributing to.

Wow, now it's done and you're acting like we're owed a thanks. Fitzee, it's the opposite. Anyone who contributed owes you a thanks. A huge thanks. For seeing it thru. For building faith in humanity. For everything. I hope you find time to slow down and let it sink in.

Andy, great people don't rally round the uninspired, the fact they rallied round you says a great deal about your character. Happy motoring my friend.

12. The car looks great Andy! Hope you enjoy it for years to come.

For the guy who built it, you guys are amazing.

JH

13. so are man and machine getting ready to go to the hamb drags? not that i can make it, but remember that being in the plans. and oh yeah congrats cheif and to the buld team

14. bigken

bigken

Gentlemen, FANTASTIC JOB. And I don't mean the car. It is YOU, all of you that contributed to a little boys dream, feeding off his ideas, giving whatever you could, to pull it together. My hat is off you all of you. You gave of yourselves and put your own stuff aside, all for that priceless smile you put on Andy's face. I am in awe. Here is a little fella that many of us here, were not 100% certain that he may never see the finished product. And yet, you busted your collective asses. What an accomplishment. I would be honored to meet all of you.
    The car, is absolutey astounding. Andy will take very good care of it, I am sure. He has one of the coolest 'chick-magnets' he will ever need.
    Men - thank you for your inspiring works and heart.

15. Abomination

Abomination

This SO deserves a write-up in ALL the major mags, and to be on all the TV shows - and National News.

TV, Radio, Newspaper & Mag guys, are you listening?

I mean, even done in smaller pieces and submitted to the AP wire for use as filler would be awesome!

~Jason

16. wow! that looks amazing. good work from start to finish guys

17. What a feel good story...congrats to all of you and to you Andy...lotta fantastic people out there...right on!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I agree. Now we need a good photographer to get out there and take some nice shots of the car, Andy, and the build team. I've seen bits and pieces, but never the whole ride. (EDIT. I just checked out the photobucket link. That shows me everything I need to see)

This is one of the coolest things I've seen done in a long, long time.

My hat is off to everyone who had a hand in making Andy's dream come true!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  19. Brandi

Brandi

Incredible! Great job you guys!

20. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Hey.... Can Andy come to the HAMB drags?

We raised money once to bring our Official Grand Marshall to the drags once before, and he wasn't able to attend then. We then turned the funds raised from all of us into a donation to build this awesome car.

Now.... LETS GET ANDY AND HIS "A" TO THE DRAGS!

21. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

You guys musta really liked the fuel block I sent. I mean to feature a picture of it and all...

OK, I know it was the Alliance tag you were shooting. lol

Kudos to all who took part in this. To lift a young persons spirit is a noble endevor.

Congrats Andy, You look good in that car.

GV

22. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

what a great story guys, you deserve a pat on the back. Andy you've got yourself a cool little car, drive the wheels off that thing.

23. That car is the best I have seen in a long time simply because of the story behind it.

To all you that had a part in it - I commend you.

Andy you're awesome just because of who you are. I you have affected more people than you may ever know. Enjoy!

I hope anyone who has followed this story and this build, or reads about it in the years to come on here, looks at this world a little differently.

Happy endings, good stories, and caring people are still out there...

Ryan is there anyway to archive everything into one thread? I know it would be a book, but I think all of the misc threads should be put together just for "history sake".

24. rodncustom

rodncustom

25. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

more pics please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

doh!! nevermind.....didnt see the pbucket link!!!! way to go guys.....amazing story~!

27. Tbomb428

Tbomb428
    from SoCal

Great job to all of you guys. It's a truly great thing you've done.

28. Conder

Conder

Looks WAY better than the drawing...All those hot rodders really backed you up man, and with Sellers' sponsorship that thing is BLESSED!!!

What's next Andy? Are you gonna run it on the salt? Smoke 'em at Pomona? Cruise Woodward for Pinks and Chics?...wait a minute...do you even have a license yet? Coolest kid in America.

...or at least close to America...Affiliated with America? I failed geography...

29. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    hellofa journey.......