Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ***The INVASION! - Registration info., schedule, updated info!***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anderson, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Anderson

Anderson

The other post is dead, but we've got a lot of updated information to get out there so here we go again!

[​IMG]

As the flier says, September 6th, 11am-6pm. 2700 Commerce, Dallas, Tx.

www.TheInvasionCarShow.com

Bands (so far) include Pushrod (you know 'em!) and The Murgatroyds (killer local surf band!)

The beautiful Dayna DeLux is coming out for us and will be our trophy girl.

[​IMG]

Don Ross & Crew will be bringing out the Scorpion drag team, hope you like the smell of nitro!

[​IMG]

Cool vendors too!

We'll start letting cars in at 10:00 even though the official start is 11:00. Bands will start at or around noon. Awards at 5:00.

Registration is $30. You'll get one t-shirt (any size), a wristband good for discounts on food at local restaurants, 5 tickets for the raffle (good stuff in it too, trust me!!!), and a good deal for the afterparty (once we figure out where it's gonna be!).

T-shirts and wristbands will also be available separately at the show for your passengers and spectators.

So, here's the deal. Space is limited and we've gotten a little bit more response to this than we originally thought. So we ARE going to start pre-registrations to guarantee you a spot in the show. Here's how we're going to do it...

E-mail [email protected] with the following information:

Your Name
    Make/Model
    Good picture of your car/truck
    Club name (if any)

If approved, we will let you know.

You will still pay at the show, but if you are 100% planning on coming out, pre-register and we will guarantee a spot for you until 12:00. We're not sure what the cut off is, still trying to see how everyone can park and what we can fit, but assume it's around the 100-125 range. We're working on having more room, blocking off streets, but we don't have it all worked out just yet.

Car clubs...please pre-register together. One e-mail for all of your members will do. Just send in all the above info. so we know how many spaces we need to have grouped for you to park together.

Again....we're aiming for quality, so obviously there are a few restrictions. No billet, no IFS open wheel cars, no Wild Rods. Traditional hot rods and customs does NOT include air-bagged Model A's with the frame laying on the ground, flat black '74 LTD's, or stock cars. With limited space we would like to keep room available for appropriate cars. If your pre-reg. is turned down, we are sorry if you are upset. Not out to make anyone mad, but we are holding a specific type of show, not a catch all for everything "Ol' Skool." We will make exceptions if we like the car in general - It's at our discretion, not a no tolerance criteria.

About a month to go so get ready! Can't Wait! Thanks folks!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  2. Slide

Slide

Dig that!:cool:

Dang. Now I'm starting to sound elitist.

3. Anderson

Anderson

Oh, and we've got some silly artist-type guy working on the t-shirt art. I hear he's pretty good!

4. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

this will be a full day long Event you dont want to miss.......

5. Big Tony

Big Tony

Damn.. I knew i parked next to ya'll at Round up for a reason... my fiddy fo made the poster... Wooohooo i'm a celeb

6. Pre Reg. email sent!

7. pre reg. sent also.

8. I'm coming home to help with this one.

It'll be good to taste the Lonestar again.

9. Anderson

Anderson

BTTT.

We just got the T-shirt art from Slide, and it is perfect. He is the man.

10. Rusty

Rusty

Well lets see it!!!!!!

11. Elrod

Elrod

Gotta keep something a surprise! These things are cool though. You'll want to give them out as Christmas Presents!

12. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

13. Anderson

Anderson

Here's a peek...haha

Attached Files:

14. Can't go wrong with Space ships and giant Ants

15. drkgrn57

drkgrn57
    from rowlett,tx

e-mail sent. Will the giant ants be there?

16. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

Hey the ass of my roadster and my brothers truck are on the poster too big tony.........i knew i parked by the Torques for a reason......

17. Slick57

Slick57
    from Fort Worth

Pre-Reg email sent.

18. Big Tony

Big Tony

See what happens when you hang with rock stars mike. Hehehehehe

19. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Got my pre-registration back. I'm #001! :D Kickass!

20. Anderson

Anderson

Thanks to everyone who's registered so far. We really appreciate the support.

Danny - the wagon looks twice as good with the wires on it. Excellent choice.

We've got some GREAT news! The after-party has finally been finalized! (applause)

After the show, grab some grub then head over to Lee Harvey's. It's a very cool bar on the other side of I-30, only about 5 minutes from the show grounds. Your wrist band will get you happy hour pricing all night long, which means $2.50 domestics and $2.50 wells! There is no cover! The band? Glad you asked! Boys Named Sue will be playing at around 9:30-10:00. Lee Harvey's also has a full kitchen so if you want to head right over there from the show you can get a head start on everyone else. We will have maps in the goody bags and at the show.

They are going to reserve one of the corner lots right outside the bar for participant parking. So get there by 9:00 to get a good spot, otherwise there is plenty of parking in a couple other lots and on the street. A great addition to the show...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  21. I'm #002, I was wondering who snagged number 1.:)

22. sun down

sun down
    from tx

email sent, look forward to meeting you guys.
    I attended the Austin Round up..........it was neat to see
    all of the neat stuff, made this old man feel young again..

23. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

I havent heard anything back they must be saving spots for the cool cars lol

24. Anderson

Anderson

Hey man, PM coming your way...

25. Anderson

Anderson

Here's the T-shirt art by the way. Kicks ass....

[​IMG]

Still figuring out prices. If you can't make it to the show, we will have whatever left over shirts for sale afterwards.

26. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

That's some cool art!

27. I'm lucky 13, but I'm in.

28. Stroked

Stroked
    from DFW, TX

Sending pre-reg now.

29. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

Just some clarification on the requirements:

No Billet or billet style wheels
    No 17" or larger aftermarket wheels (i.e. big smoothies, Torquethrusts, etc.etc.)
    No rat rods (Unsafe cars, thrown together parts collections, etc.etc.)
    No Tweed interiors.

Every show has their requirements. We are trying our best to bring a quality TRADITIONAL rod and custom style show. We are not out to offend anyone, but we have guidelines we are trying hard to stick to.

30. Glad to get some clarification on this. Man, this is so cool. I'm counting the days down and to think I'm going to see a real TRADITIONAL show here in Dallas with safe cars, no billet, no weed oops I mean tweed, big wheels, fuzzy dice, dressed down streetrods, etc....I can't wait...:D